Beginners - September 2013 (Page 45)

swapping section and credit numbers along with course name

How can I also make section and credits switch with course_name, there's an error when I try to print out courses class1* head = student_list .p_class_from...
[no replies]
Urgent cin Array with lowest and greatest

Its my first day in class and the teacher isnt here. He wants us to write a program where you enter 20 numbers and then outputs the lowest number and highest n...
[2 replies] Last: I have hit a brick wall. I dont know how to get the largest of whatev... (by Cromation)
by jvac
if statements

Hi all, I am new to c++ and I am trying to implement a simple "password" system that takes a password in the form of a number. Make it so that either of the ...
[3 replies] Last: @Mats you are Genii it worked, Thanks. @Bdanielz thanks for your rep... (by jvac)
/

sdsd
[11 replies] Last: That is a good question. I am not sure. I am just starting as well. I ... (by Bdanielz)
stop array from accepting more than one value at once

I'm having trouble with this struct array.. The first time it asks for an input, if the person were to type "1 2 3 4" it would have entered the input for each p...
[2 replies] Last: Excellent ! Thankyou so much! (by xplainet)
Issues with switch statements

Ok here is what needs to be done. • Create a do loop that asks the user if they want to roll the dice (yes or no) until the user says no. • At the begin...
[2 replies] Last: OK so now i can get the program to out put with no errors but it will ... (by johndough)
GetLine not working

When I call out GetStudentData it jumps right to Artist, but never prompts me for Title? Is my code just bad or is this a bug. #include <iostream> #include ...
[3 replies] Last: The reason is the preceding cin >> ans; After the user inputs the... (by Chervil)
by whilom
Mirrored Palindrome

The code is supposed to check whether the entered text is a palindrome or a mirrored string but it does not print anything when I input something. Any ideas? ...
[7 replies] Last: Haha! These people have their own definitions. :-) (by Josue Molina)
by tatai
File building with input from cloumn

I have a file with four column (int data), rows 100. I want to build some files with the value of each rows in column 1 like, File_row1, file_row2 upto file_row...
[2 replies] Last: i could not understand how to do it!! but i was doing it like... #in... (by tatai)
by whilom
Adding to a variable

I have been trying to solve this problem but always encountered problems with trying to add the past value of a number with a new number to make it a new value....
[11 replies] Last: The loop should run more than once if the number is bigger say "300+30... (by whilom)
While loop question

It appears that my while() loop doesn't understand characters ('a') only integers. Even when I tried to store input as a char, the while loop would never exit. ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char input; ... (by Chriscpp)
Code does not work completely

sdf
[3 replies] Last: I would do something like this: #include <iostream> // cin, cout, ge... (by MatthewRock)
Grinding to a complete halt!

Hi there my coding genius comrades. I've been learning coding for the first time in my life for the past 2 weeks. got to chapter 9 (Vector's). Understanding the...
[4 replies] Last: thats excellent thank you mate! i kinda got it now. it's just the fact... (by tobougg)
A little help

I was trying to set up a simple calculator. I have no idea why it's not working correctly. No matter what operation I input, it says input not accepted. ...
[11 replies] Last: thank you for pointing that out. #include <iostream> using namesp... (by Bdanielz)
by dpixel
Class Help

I'm trying to learn classes. I was originally using a struct for this. Is there a way to incorporate my variable, "numbombs" without making it part of the obj...
[7 replies] Last: Apparently you can't initialize objects from within the constructor or... (by dpixel)
Problem setting an object equal to a pointer to an object

I am working on a homework problem with pointers and I think I've almost figured out the entire problem but I'm getting one set of errors that I can't figure ou...
[2 replies] Last: I'm trying to swap a Person that is an element of a vector<*Person>. I... (by wolfpack4417)
Parallel Arrays

I need a program as below: we have a data array like: {1000, 3000, 5000, 3000, 8888} and an index array like: {2, 0, 2, 3, 3, 0} we want the function to set ...
[9 replies] Last: Between this: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/110234/#msg6017... (by Stewbond)
How to make high scores?

I need an easy way to read the high scores from a game and then check if the current score is greater than any of the top three. If yes, it occupies a place ac...
[2 replies] Last: class highScore { int scor; char name ; public... (by DemonLoad er)
Help with dividing with doubles

Hi, I'm writing a program that displays the balance of a loan after the first three monthly payments given the monthly payment, annual interest rate, and number...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah I figured that would be the best option as well. Thank you. (by Valandu)
getting the length of an dynamic array back into main...

Working on a exercise out and I would like a little help with one part of my code.. Not really looking for people to solve the exercise for me. Using a func...
[6 replies] Last: Wow. Thank you for pointing that out. That is the trouble with using o... (by Bdanielz)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 4344454647... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.