Beginners - September 2013 (Page 36)

BigInt Project (1,2)

I need help with my project for my c++ class. I am a little confused on how to get started. I am making a class called "bigint" and i have to have a global cons...
[25 replies] Last: There's not much difference in this case whether you use a pointer to ... (by Daleth)
CAnt get the array to reverse

Any hints on how I can reverse this array, ive tried everything I can think of #include <iostream> using namespace std; int* revSize (int*, int); ...
[3 replies] Last: Wow I did not notice that ty very much really appreciate it (by Jose94ji)
Problem with my substr

string format(const string &name){ size_t first = name.find(" "); // sets size of first name size_t middle = name.find(" ",first+1); //sets size of middle nam...
[no replies]
Linker Error?

My program won't compile.. Its getting error LNK2019 and LNK1120 unresolved externals. Can someone help me? Heres my code: #ifndef BIGINT_H #define BIGIN...
[4 replies] Last: I did that and it still didn't solve the problem.. It still has the sa... (by ADTR2012)
Need some much needed help with a project..

Hello everyone I have a project due soon and it is a inventory management system. I just learned coding and I'm using c++. This project will store the following...
[7 replies] Last: Sorry. You're right. (by AbstractionAnon)
Array problems

Hi, i've been learning c++ for a month or so now. It's been going well but i've just hit a snag while trying to make a tic tac toe game. In my array when I inpu...
[5 replies] Last: Also what would be the easiest way to check if the game has been won. ... (by petersrolo)
While (more) doesn't stop accepting input

This is the part of my program I believe I am having issues at. The program compiles, I input transactions, even up to day 30, however after inputting up to day...
[1 reply] : After all the transactions have been entered, type in CTRL+Z immedia... (by JLBorges)
by t353tr
Word swallowing function

Very basic question but I do not know how to word it enough to search the forum or google it. Tried "eats word" etc. Basically, my code eats the first word of m...
[1 reply] : void punchLineF(fstream &file) { string punchLine; while ( g... (by cire)
by dildur
Need help with IF statement + Math

Hello Trying to code this C++ program, in which it will let me know if the point is within this triangle or not - http://imgur.com/vOdbffL Need help with ...
[no replies]
by Techz
Input string typed on keyboard and saved to file

I'm trying to write a simple program that will prompt for a string typed in by keyboard and save it to a file. I've tried lots of variations and this is just t...
[1 reply] : Wrong type. ifstream --> Input File Stream | ofstream --> Output File ... (by Daleth)
by Komodo
Switch

I have been following Bucky's Tutorial on Youtube and I am up to 25 which is switches. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int age...
[6 replies] Last: Alright Tyvm! (by Komodo)
Need help with determining specific characters in strings

I am working on a project where we are taking latin words such as "amare" and replacing the end (are, ire, ere) with infinitives like ("o", "amus" etc) For e...
[4 replies] Last: I would use substr() but I unfortunately do not know how many charact... (by closed account 2b5z8vqX)
by Codeez
Can't debug in Code::Blocks (Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.)

I can't seem to debug in Code::Blocks. I'm using Mingw and it's supplied debugger. I'm on Win7 64bit. After starting the debugger and after a couple "continues"...
[4 replies] Last: Anyone? Under debugger settings Exec. path is C:\C++\mingw64\bin\gdb.... (by Codeez)
by bekov
Simple Unit Converter. Doesnt Run Properly

Hello Guys, This is my first post. Can you please see and find my mistake. Because it does not run. I am compiling it in Xcode. #include <iostream> #i...
[3 replies] Last: Ran fine for me in VS2010. And yes, I was able to enter a number and ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by modic
Looking for private tutors.

I need help with C++ because I am only a beginner (not an absolute beginner). I am 11 years and I would like some help. If you would like to help reply saying s...
[no replies]
need some help program is having input issues.

this program won't stop and allow the second input of gross pay how do i make it so it will allow the enter of the gross pay? #include <iostream> #include ...
[no replies]
Making games

What are some free or very low costing game developing programs out their? and can you explain them to me(im kinda new to all of this). And would it be able to ...
[4 replies] Last: Can you explain to me what openGL and DirectX is? (by ishtylercc)
Im new to this and need help in how to do my assignment thank you.

The formula is: -4x3 - 12x2 + x + 15 y = ------- (2x2 + 1)1/2 + 7 * | x - 2.5 | ...
[4 replies] Last: Well, you would need to set an initial value of x. After each pass thr... (by Chervil)
by ephekt
Consecutive Blank Space Removal

I am trying to write program that will open a file, read it and create a copy with the consecutive blank spaces removed. and also keep count of the blanks and d...
[8 replies] Last: Getting closer now i just need to figure out how to keep track of the ... (by ephekt)
i am a begener,please do my help.

how to take transpose of N*N matrix?i dnt have any idea about it
[2 replies] Last: For the transpose a matrix simply swap your rows with your columns. (by petersrolo)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 3435363738... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.