Beginners - September 2013 (Page 27)

by dp13
Pattern problems

Thanks as always, this is getting to be a bit much... I dont understand why the pattern for my diamonds is staying the same, its should look like the reverse...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks you! Worked like a charm! (by dp13)
by PromB
C++ Newbie

Hi there fellow reader! I bought my first C++ book about a year ago, I'm not done with it, been on/off about reading it, but in recent time I've started to rea...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks I'll get right on it! Is this correct or am I totaly wrong? ... (by PromB)
how call function in second class from first class?

So i know that if i declare two classes i can call the functions in the first class from the second class but how do i call functions in the second class from t...
[4 replies] Last: thanks (by MarketAnarchist)
by elfeck
Question regarding DLL and dllimport

Hello, I've got a abstract, implicitly linked dll interface like this: #ifndef CPH_DISPLAY_H_ #define CPH_DISPLAY_H_ #ifdef DISPLAY_EXPORTS #define ...
[no replies]
by OSamo
Undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

I have been trying out classes on different files now, but I don't seem able to compile it. Here are the files. Classes.cpp (the main file) #include <ios...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you @Zereo and @Disch The instructions that Zereo gave me was c... (by OSamo)
template function to change container

I find myself changing containers a lot. Can someone show me how to write a template function to carry out something like this: std::set<A> mySet; for (st...
[3 replies] Last: <algorithm> <iterator> std::copy(Container1.begin(), Container1.end(... (by Daleth)
Installing new C++ Librarys?

Hello im working on a program that can send a email with a txt file attached.I heard LibCurl is really good for that but i dont have it built in.So how do i ins...
[no replies]
Need some help

Can't compile it because of line 66 and 67, I think I need to declare it but don't know what to do. Also another problem it says "In function 'int main()': can ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by samyang0820)
Random pair maker

I need to make a program that takes a set of values and pairs them up at random, without repeats. Is there any way to use the random_shuffle() algorithm to do s...
[9 replies] Last: "L B" That worked for me u_u (by sakry)
integers

Write a program that reads nine integers and prints them three in a line separated by commas as shown below: Input: 10 31 2 73 24 65 6 87 18 Output: 1...
[5 replies] Last: @Datnewnew why so complicated? Use an array and a for() loop.... (by Chriscpp)
Question about input

I wrote a program to calculate the hypotenuse of a right triangle with two different methods. I'm supposed to do it ten different times but my question is: How ...
[3 replies] Last: You could leave off the "Press any key to continue." just use // to c... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
by guucha
Dividing a number in parts

Hello! I have a homework with switch statement that I have to make a code that user can write any number what he likes (with as many digits as he likes) and the...
[5 replies] Last: first of all a character is ONE character not 3 so you can't use a sw... (by giblit)
Can't figure out intermittent calculation error

I'm trying to take a user input number between 1 and 10 million, break it apart into its individual digits, and then assuming I have the first two digits alread...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks - I'm all of 3 weeks into programming and it didn't occur to me... (by brett390)
MergeSort on a List issue

Hello everyone. I had question about the "MergeSort algorithm". In this algorithm, you are meant to split a data structure (in this case a list) in half, and...
[4 replies] Last: Frank had an opinion about men, who wear both belt and suspenders. ... (by keskiverto)
Tell me how to add colors.

Hello fellow programmers, I have started to program in C, just recently. Do any of you guys know how to add colors to the lines. I would like to do this to...
[7 replies] Last: i know that it would compile, because its just being passed to the ...... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
by joet12
Split a sentence in to letters and send to array!

Hello guys. I have a simple question, i'm about to do a program where i would like to enter a sentence and then split the sentence into letter by letter and the...
[9 replies] Last: I don't see where counter was increasing. I only saw this: counter-... (by Chervil)
by dusty
time based random number generator

I have my program set up with just the rand() in the desired function; however, I can't figure out how to implement time.h or srand() to get past the same repea...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, that worked (by dusty)
how can i print the 2nd smallest number

Input: Take integer inputs from the user until she enters a negative number. Output: The smallest and the 2nd smallest of all the non-negative numbers entered....
[5 replies] Last: thanks to all... (by msjamil11)
Function call missing argument list error

Hello people, I am making c++ game with SFML engine. Right now I'm making explosion rotation function, witch would let me set rotation in other class file. I h...
[9 replies] Last: vector2 rotation Should be without parameters (I made a mistake ... (by Dainiusss)
by dp13
Another Beginner problem...

Hi all again, I searched but did not find a thread that helped. Why o why is my pattern going vertically, I need it to go horizontal. I'm assuming I need a con...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by dp13)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2526272829... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.