Beginners - September 2013 (Page 23)

C++ Beginner Question

I am having to write a program for class, and there is one part that I am having a hard time with. I know there is probably a very simple answer to this, but I...
[10 replies] Last: Well, I agree it's not a good idea to overload a beginner with too man... (by Chervil)
by Ed4434
Function returning a memory address?

Hey, I'm a tad perplexed as to why my code seems to be returning a memory address (I think, it's a hexadecimal value that changes every time I compile). I'll l...
[2 replies] Last: Cool, thanks for the explanation :) As I say, I did sort it but it's n... (by Ed4434)
How to Implement Merge Sort on a Char Array

In general, how would the code look to merge sort values of a character array with the smallest value at the front of the list and the largest value at the end ...
[3 replies] Last: As long as you have a comparison operator, you can sort any objects (by ats15)
While Loop with if statements

I haven't compiled this yet but I'm wondering if I did this right from what you can tell me and if you see any glaring problems with it. The assignment said to ...
[3 replies] Last: Figured it out! Now I just gotta figure out why I'm off by .50 every ... (by halamaker)
Unknown error plaese help

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl prntSrt(int *,int)" (?prntSrt@@YAXPAHH@Z) referenced in function _main Error 2 error LNK1120: 1 ...
[1 reply] : Probably because you prototype a function as prntsrt then you never de... (by giblit)
network programming

hi all I am doing my CCIE R&S and I have interest in Network Programming, but I am not sure what exactly this can provide for me ? so when I will be a networ...
[1 reply] : up up (by oudmaster)
Weird compiling error.

So I hit the compile button and was waiting when I received this message. e:\programs\codeblocks\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\4.7.1\..\..\..\libmingw32.a(ma...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help I seem to have not noticed the slight misspe... (by ragecoder)
bobble sort algorithm, need help

you are asked to read 10 names (String type) from an input file let's call it in.text, save it to an array (called name ), sort them (alphabetically). Print t...
[2 replies] Last: Here is my take on your problem. #include <iostream> #include <fstr... (by Bdanielz)
Display ODD/EVEN nos. in a 2D ARRAY

NOTE: has to use <stdio.h> and DO-WHILE format only IF POSSIBLE. THIS is the 2D array I'm working on. I need it so that it will ask "press 1 to show odd numbe...
[18 replies] Last: Well i can do final exercises for a few dollars xD hahaha just kidding... (by eyenrique)
Intellisense in code blocks SDL wont work

It works for normal c++ functions but it doesnt work for sdl reqired functions such as when i type SDL_ it doesnt show any suggestions can it be turned on for ...
[1 reply] : plus when i use #include "SDL.h" it works but when i write #include"SD... (by Sharan123)
by darqan
Help with simple script

I cant get this script to work. Im sure it's because char does not work as strings do. But for my school project I need to make this script with chars (can't...
[3 replies] Last: If you can't use an array of simple objects then you need to new the... (by maeriden)
Timer in the middle of a program

I want to create a timer for my program TEXT TWIST. But even i put the code where i want it to start counting, it stills counts from the start of the program. s...
[1 reply] : Can we see your code? (by Mats)
by mguinn
If/Else clauses

I am having trouble with the if and else clauses here, can anybody help me troubleshoot this code? I have been going over it and to me it looks like it should b...
[2 replies] Last: You need to put braces { } around the block of statements to be cont... (by Chervil)
How!?

I would like to simulate key presses to my os(windows 8), what would be a good way of doing so? :) Please do not include libary's I would have to manually setup...
[1 reply] : Probably winapi, but I would ask it on Windows Programming forum, as i... (by MatthewRock)
Array

Hello, I want to make an array that consist of letters that forms a word. for example array ={'A','C','E'} cin>>answer; if(answer==array) { cout<<"CORRECT";...
[4 replies] Last: thanks nevermore28. :D (by colognem)
Timer in my C++ maze

Hello, I made a very simple puzzle game,(its not yet finished) but i want to add a timer as soon as the game starts up.....I managed to do it BUT i cant put it ...
[1 reply] : I would really strongly suggest getting a game programming library to ... (by Mats)
Wrong std_out value?

Hi guys, I am doing this problem for homework, and there is one error that I don't know how to fix. Assume  that an int variable  age has been declared  ...
[2 replies] Last: Got it. Thank you very much. :) (by Whateverchan)
pass va_list

I want to pass va_list to another function, how can i achive this? Is it possible or not ? Thanks & Regards Karthick.R
[3 replies] Last: First of all, do not use identifier starting with underscore! They are... (by Catfish4)
by ar2007
int to string from sstream..

hi. I have this member function of a simple class, which receives definitely lower than the set limit values ​​for type 'int'. the problem consists in t...
[4 replies] Last: Thx naraku. Work :) (by ar2007)
Code::blocks only shows console, when trying use fopen

I searched all over internet, but couldn't find a answer. Here's the code its pretty simple. #include <cstdio> using namespace std; int main () { ...
[5 replies] Last: Wow, thanks guys, I am such an idiot. (by Lucid121)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.