Beginners - September 2013 (Page 22)

iterating and merging two arrays.

Not homework. I am doing exercises out of "C++ Programming: From Problem Analysis to Program Design" I think I may be over thinking part of this problem. ...
[1 reply] : > Not homework $ dict homework Studies or other preparatory work done... (by ne555)
by aggsyb
Grabbing a char for a vector from another vector

//Prototype void getChars (std::vector<std::string> *chars); void getFileNames(std::vector<std::string> *fileList); int main(); { std::vector<std::string>...
[no replies]
unknown escape sequence help:

I have try searching some info but I didn't understand it. ||In function 'int main()':| |20|warning: unknown escape sequence: '\040' #include<iostre...
[3 replies] Last: Or you can use raw string literals , a C++11 feature: #include <io... (by Duthomhas)
by darqan
Can't get simple script to work :/

Im going crazy.. Can anybody explain why this is failing? Thing I want to do is simply to make the program spit out the letters that are in there... I suc...
[4 replies] Last: size() is a member function of the vector container, randomPick.size(... (by Chervil)
Catching arguments at the command line

Hello everybody. I'm having a hard time with this one. Any help is kindly appreciated. I'm writing a C program in which I want to generate a scrambled alph...
[5 replies] Last: @ne555 Thanks for picking that up. (by Chervil)
by aggsyb
Passing multiple vectors to a function

How do I pass more than one vector to a function? //Prototype void getNum (std::vector<int> *numbers); int main() { std::vector<int> numbers, morenumbers;...
[2 replies] Last: //Prototype void getNum (std::vector<int>&,std::vector<int>&); int m... (by aggsyb)
by mguinn
Help with if/else

I am trying to write a program to do the following and I cannot seem to get it to work correctly. Could anybody help me write this code to work correctly or at ...
[1 reply] : Without actually trying to run this, I can see a few errors. void ma... (by Chervil)
infix to postfix

Hello all I am writing a program that will read in an expression and output the expression in postfix. I am having trouble with the operands. I can't seem to fi...
[no replies]
i need help this wont work

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <windows.h> void ifunc(); using namespace std; int main(){ string me; string mee; string mee...
[3 replies] Last: I compiled and ran the program with no problems. What happens in your ... (by Chervil)
Parallel Arrays

I'm working on a program which deals with parallel arrays. The information is user entered and must be updated. I'm not sure if I wrote the user entering the in...
[1 reply] : What exactly are you trying to achieve? Here's what your addphone() ... (by xismn)
by aggsyb
Returning vectors ints + strings from a function

How would I write the following with a vector? I have not had much experience with them yet and I am trying to learn :) #include <vector> #include <iostream>...
[1 reply] : Managed to solve this one myself, if anyone else needs it. #include... (by aggsyb)
Undefined reference to class::function

I have three files: Main.cpp, Security.h, and Security.cpp. I have declared my class Security (including a function) in my header file. I have defined the fun...
[2 replies] Last: Typo? void Securtiy ::Driver() It is best to post the actual compi... (by norm b)
Text based rpg (loop help)

Hi, I am having trouble with the loop function. I have to write a text based game. When the user inputs 1 or 2, the program displays a logic error. When th...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. I will give this a try. (by chris88alfonso)
Number of lines

Hello, I am a C++ student with very limited experience. I looked through the forum, and I found some post regarding this topic, and I did what it said, but I a...
[4 replies] Last: Great. Thank you. That helped me better understand it. I thought that ... (by JaroScc)
C++ class assignment

I am having a few problems writing a program for my class. I have to write a program that allows the user to input his name and gross salary. After that I have ...
[3 replies] Last: Setprecision() should apply for anything after it was used. I believe ... (by IceThatJaw)
by RLC
return error

This program fails with a message of: Run Time Check Failure #2 - Stack around the variable 'holdarea' was corrupted on line: 'return holdarea'? Any h...
[3 replies] Last: holdarea is a local variable in function parse_words() . When the f... (by Chervil)
sdl linker error

despite of linking -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL-lSDL_image and adding include and libraries to sdl main file it still shows linker error it has taken my whole da...
[2 replies] Last: I don't understand what you mean (by Sharan123)
please help me

How to write a program that defines an integer variable named age and a float variable named weight. Store your age and weight as literals in the variables. The...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int age; floa... (by Uk Marine)
class to represent rational numbers

Hi, I am having trouble understanding what a set of instructions on my homework means. The part is Casting: Rational numbers should be able to be implicitly cas...
[1 reply] : Take a look at this -> http://learnzillion.com/lessonsets/240-convert-... (by IceThatJaw)
by mhel22
banking system

What is the errors in void wid_det(), void dep_det() and in trans_det()?.. I only want to display all transactions there but its not appearing. i don't know wha...
[7 replies] Last: Better yet, post the actual error instead all this ugly code. If you h... (by IceThatJaw)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.