Beginners - September 2013 (Page 13)

Express a certain amount of money into dollars and pennies?

Hi guys, I have to write a program that shows the number of bills and coins for a given amount of money. For example, if the user enters $166.89, then the pr...
[11 replies] Last: There are many formatting options. setw is only one of them. int pe... (by keskiverto)
by ephekt
Help with classes, objects, and the correct output

I have been asked to change this program from a struct to a class with all private variables and some new member functions. What I have so far does compile and ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you for that (by ephekt)
Getting errors. How do i correct it?

Using the square below the main() function, write the code for a user-written function called larger which will compare two integers sent to it to determine whi...
[9 replies] Last: Ok that's good! Not just that it works but that you also get how it al... (by Chervil)
Help With Looping

I need to compute a pi approximation with the MadhavaLeibniz series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leibniz it takes in user input and iterates the series that ma...
[18 replies] Last: Thank you (by ccwtree11)
Infix to Postfix using file input & stack

I'm using a test file before I use the one my teacher gave me. My test file looks like this 3 3+1 (3+1) Now I'm trying to take the file, read it line by li...
[7 replies] Last: Ok so I've switched it to a while loop but it still processes it rathe... (by natekelsey)
help with switch

Please help i can't enter restart and test what do i need to do --thanks in advance. void main(){ char test,restart; do{ cout<<"enter test"<<endl; ci...
[3 replies] Last: You really don't need a break; at the end of the switch statement af... (by Uk Marine)
C++ editor/IDE for Mac?

Please don't suggest XCode. I hate XCode. So, I've recently bought a C++ book called "Jumping into C++", because apparently the tutorials on this website a...
[4 replies] Last: I can give to you a suggestion -Editor/Compiler- if you don't like the... (by eyenrique)
UNSORTED LINKED LIST

Hey guys I'm trying to do this program but when I run it doesn't work... Hopefully some of you will be able to see the error. Phase I (30 points) • St...
[no replies]
Sum of 2 Dimensional Array

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void main () { int exam ; int ave ; int x, y; int sum; cout<<"Input number of Subjects "; cin>>x;...
[3 replies] Last: That's the only problem.-.- It worked now.:/ Thanks guys. xD (by karlsanada13)
QUICKSORT

The program seems to crash every time quickSort is called. Can anybody help ?? template <class Type> struct nodeTypeCount { Type info; long counter; no...
[no replies]
Array

Is this an ok way to initialize an array? int array = {1,2,3,4};
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by MasterT)
game help

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { //create the board char board ; //initialize the board int i=0; while(i<9)...
[10 replies] Last: yar..........................................help plz (by awais rana)
Increasing values although decreasing values were expected

Hi everybody, I'm having difficulties in calculating values of the function f(i) to later write them out into a text file by using std::ofstream. f(i) =...
[4 replies] Last: I do not know what was going on inside my brain... The constant in th... (by SProCppS)
calling functions randomly

Problem: I have 5 user-defined functions a(),b(),c(),d() and e().In the main part i am to enter a value between 1-10.If the value I entered is between 1 and ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks but could you explain the concept a further please????????? (by cyberdude)
Reading from txt file

Hello, I have serious problem. Is it impossible to read files from this txt document C++ Thanks 2a monday 1 history 2 math 3 biology 4 x 2a tuesday 1 math 2 hi...
[16 replies] Last: I did point to that problem already in my previous post: [quote=Cherv... (by Chervil)
Question , Left to Right

This code moves the letter A across the screen from left to right but I dont understand why, I want it to go from right to left but this is for homework so I do...
[10 replies] Last: omg, i feel silly now lol finally finally got it working. thanks every... (by closed account N8pE3TCk)
Having trouble understanding

In the book that I'm reading (Dive into C++) the author says If you divide your random number by the size of the range, you'll end up getting a number betwee...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. (by MasterT)
by Vigii
Passing and returning value of an array using class

Hi All, I'm trying to pass and return the values of an array using classes. I couldn't figure out the logic. I have displayed the program below in which main...
[5 replies] Last: to return array you have to return a pointer to an array you can't ret... (by Gkneeus)
Legacy WordCount Code

Hi all I am newbie in C++ and I am having some problems to understand a Wordcount code that was done by another person, someone has a time to help me. I have pu...
[2 replies] Last: That was rude. If you're not going to help, why post? Just to brag? @... (by Duthomhas)
Loops in my project.

I need at least one loop in my project. My knowledge of loops seems to not all be there yet. When I run my code right now the loop runs on and on. Both do not w...
[5 replies] Last: You made d your third choice. You're going to confuse the user. To m... (by GRex2595)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.