Beginners - September 2013 (Page 12)

C++ Compilation Problems

Ok so my main focus used to be Java but due to me changing my major from a CS BA to a CS BS I'm starting to focus on C++ now. I used Eclipse to program Java and...
[1 reply] : main must return an integer so change the void type with int . Al... (by condor)
inputing char? functional decomposition

Really confused with functional decomposition. Can't seem to find in book by that name: use functional decomposition approach. You should have a function ...
[8 replies] Last: Well, just add some statements: //printChar.cpp //Add description. ... (by eyenrique)
by aggsyb
Vector <int> checking to see if numbers are in sequential order

Been studying all day and my brain is completely mush. If I have a vector that is sorted in size order with 5 numbers 5,6,7,8,9 How can I cout a simple me...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, ats15 works great and makes very simple sense , 10 hours ... (by aggsyb)
Issues with Vector iterator pointing to a parent class pointer from an inherited one

Okay, so this is a bit of a tricky issue. I'm trying to write a sort of resource that will make creating command line programs a bit easier. To start off, I ...
[8 replies] Last: Ah good point. I'll make the necessary changes then. Thanks for all o... (by BruceJohnJennerLawso)
using bool to exit do while loop

I am trying to make this program for my intro to c++ class. I have everything figured out except the bool to exit the do while loop. No matter if I put in y or ...
[5 replies] Last: That's great! can you help to me? Allow private messages from your acc... (by eyenrique)
Text-based RPG: NPC dialogue data (Lua vs XML)

Hello, everyone! I'm in the process of making a text-based MUD-style RPG. I'd rather not have a gargantuan class filled with all of the game's dialogue and na...
[4 replies] Last: You could just make a text file and read from that. It wouldn't be to... (by GRex2595)
command line arguments

Hi all, I would like to take in arguments from the c++ project properties where you can type in your command arguments there.However the output tend to show ...
[2 replies] Last: Remove the dereference operator * and it will print the entire strin... (by LB)
Compiler Differences & Programming Question

// This program will determine the distance a vehicle moving at a spceidifc speed will travel. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int Speed...
[no replies]
Need Help with Business Card Style Coding...

new to c++, and prof. assigned to write a business card style program, my codes are below, but it says variable "rate" and "hour" are not initialized, and it se...
[11 replies] Last: void toUpper(string &s) { transform(s.begin(), s.end(), s.begin(... (by GRex2595)
Department

create a program that will allow user to input a floor number and the program will display the department on the entered floor: input department will be disp...
[1 reply] : What is the code that you have now? (by eyenrique)
by IBCFQ
Virtual Keys

Hi, Lately I have been trying to figure out how to make 'Virtual Keys' work even if the console is minimized or if I'm running a game in full screen. #includ...
[6 replies] Last: Don't be offended. 99% of these types of questions are about how to au... (by Duthomhas)
by PitKid
Can someone help me with my computer programming homework? My mind is really blown and I'm really new to all of this!

I need help finding and fixing 6 errors in this thing that I can't find as soon as possible, thanks! /* calculator08buggy.cpp We have inserted 3 bugs...
[7 replies] Last: So..what are you doing here? xD e-mail him!!!! ask for extra classes!!... (by eyenrique)
Functional decomposition - radius, height and volume for cylinder

How is functional decomposition different than doing it "normally"? Anyways, I don't know how to start. Question 1 Use functional decomposition, write C++ p...
[3 replies] Last: I believe you were probably taught #include<iostream> using namespac... (by nfordhk)
by jer311
Can't find errors

These are the errors I am receiving. Not sure how to read them. : In function ‘int main()’: :42: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘{’ token :53: er...
[3 replies] Last: I got it to complie and work..hope this help :) On like 41 you need a... (by nfordhk)
do while loop is not working

I need the program to re-run when Y is inputted for choice. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int numberTransfers; char choi...
[1 reply] : There is a return 0; before execution gets to the end of the do-whil... (by Chervil)
by mdeeza
Simple function trouble

Hello, in class we are learning about enumerated data types and were asked to complete a program to figure out if a triangle is equilateral, isosceles, scalene ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm sort of having trouble understanding what you're trying to explain... (by mdeeza)
How to end a program without using an exit statement or a return statement

Hello! I need to write a program that will end at certain points when data entered is invalid. For instance, if someone enters a value less than zero, an error ...
[5 replies] Last: Depends what you mean by "immediately". The original requirement said... (by Chervil)
by Sugoi
Comparing Characters

I'm writing a Tic-Tac-Toe program for a project and I'm running into a small issue with my gameplay function. The spaces of the 3x3 grid are stored as chars - m...
[1 reply] : You could make life much simpler by using an array for the board. ch... (by admkrk)
by aggsyb
Using adjacent_find with an iterator ?

Ok I want to be able to not only return when numbers finds a match but i want to know how many times they match. In the case below you will see that it will t...
[8 replies] Last: Yeh I am not really sure how to fix it and I have never used std::coun... (by aggsyb)
template

Can someone tell me why I am getting an error of no matching function for call to 'Bubble(int&)'? Thank you! #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<...
[3 replies] Last: I put an brackets in the main "int intarray " and took them out of the... (by eman2013)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 64
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.