Beginners - October 2016 (Page 44)

Cell Phone Project

Hello all, I'm just starting to learn C++ and am having difficulty on a project. I've got some of it figured out, but now need help with the calculations to ou...
[3 replies] Last: You haven't mentioned the cost-plan per minute...... HINT: calculati... (by shadder)
array of pointers

i think i have declared an array of pointers and i believe i have initialized ar pointer to a valid memory spot aka ar =&a; i am struggling to understand where...
[1 reply] : How can char a = "hello people"; ? It is only one char. The syntax o... (by kevinkjt2000)
Using functions in a program

I have to write a program that requires the use of four functions, one for input, two for the calculation and one for the output of the calculated values. T...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/199168/ Please stick to this p... (by shadder)
Monty Hall Game Show Problem

Hello, so this is one of my first coding challenges and I know it is probably super easy. It is the Monty Hall Problem, but the one difference is that one requi...
[2 replies] Last: I will make sure and use code tags in the future. I misinterpreted the... (by closed account 92yp4iN6)
Question about Ranged For-Loop and Linked List

I've created a doubly linked list for practice. I've implemented const_iterator and iterator as well. Here's the code #include <iostream> #include <algo...
[2 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you. It makes sense. (by mpark4656)
How to get a specific output from input.

I am trying to write code to this problem. I am not sure what to do. This is the furthest I have gotten. I want the input to be Input: 2 6 4 0 -1 Output: 2 6...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cmath> using namespa... (by SakurasouBusters)
C2371 Error

Hello, I am relatively new to c++ and I need some help figuring out this error code. The error is C2371. The line of code in question is "int cost; " and "doubl...
[1 reply] : You cannot declare two variables with the same name in a function. in... (by SakurasouBusters)
Help Please.

So I am trying to read in the first line from a file. When I run the program it just displays blank lines. WHY?? Here is the info in the file: Height Radius C...
[19 replies] Last: Should I even have to send you my entire solution with an executable a... (by SakurasouBusters)
PLEASE HELP-INTERVIEW QUESTION

Hello! I got a really interesting question at a company, and I can't seem to find an answer at all. It really bothers me, please help me. #include <cstd...
[6 replies] Last: Since they named it num, I think they want you to say num should be a ... (by SamuelAdams)
Function issue

I'm having a problem with my function "determineWinner". Could someone explain why nothing is being output? #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #includ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for the help. (by Jack816)
Need help finding a probability error in a plinko simulator.

I'm doing an assignment for my intro class about a Plinko game, simulating possible outcomes. For those of you who have no idea what plinko is (like I didn't),...
[2 replies] Last: Code continued: if (selection == 2) //If 2 selected, run multi... (by jerommal)
How do I make an if statement of these..

Hello! I'm on a little project to teach myself the japanese language. I'd like to learn the basic vocabulary and I'd like to code a little program to help my...
[1 reply] : Index greetingsEnglish with the same RandIndex and do: if(greetin... (by theturk1234)
Display random number computer chooses

What I'm trying to do is build a rock paper scissors game and I'm stuck at generating a computer choice (rock paper scissors) and displaying the number of that ...
[2 replies] Last: Ahh I realized what was wrong. I don't even need the int comphoice;. I... (by nbarbop24)
delete

delete
[3 replies] Last: What's the point here? (by theturk1234)
conditional statments

I have made my own original code and when it compiles the conditional statements are ignored and both statements are printed as // triangle angle ...
[3 replies] Last: Because you're if statement is using the assignment operator it should... (by jlb)
Help please.

#include <stdio.h> int n+17; void fun() { printf ("n = %d\n", n); } void main () { int n=4; printf ("n = %d\n", n); fun(); }...
[1 reply] : My question is what is the scope of either "int" variable? The first... (by jlb)
by Lado
Mirror a 2d array

Hi i´m writing a program that takes user inputs into a 2d array. The user decides number of row and columns and inputs the numbers in the array. The program ne...
[8 replies] Last: thank you ! it works (by Lado)
Output largest and smallest number out of four numbers

So I was challenged in class to write a code that lets the user enter in four numbers. The code is supposed to output the largest and smallest number, which I h...
[1 reply] : I have just edited my code and I think I solved my own problem! #in... (by dat boi)
c++ primer

I am learning C++ with C++ Primer book 5th edition. I finished the first 3 chapters. I was just reading. Then by getting to chapter 3 I felt that I was forgetti...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=rrzayev]I am learning C++ with C++ Primer book 5th edition. Th... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
invalid null pointer

Hi I am working on my assignment where I have to create a database(text file) depending on user entries. An option in the front menu of my program is to provide...
[1 reply] : Show me the error message. Where do you have a bad pointer? (by theturk1234)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.