Beginners - October 2016 (Page 39)

Need help with the for loop

Hi, so I'm new to coding and I have an assignment where we need to design code for a guessing game involving days months and years. There's more to this but I'm...
[4 replies] Last: bool foo = false; foo; A name of variable alone in a statement, lik... (by keskiverto)
help with creating a loop

I'm writing a dice game where each player has chips. The game is over when only one player has chips left. The number of players is 3 or more. I've got the majo...
[1 reply] : If you want to make a variable increment up to a certain maximum and t... (by Nico)
Randomization and Vectors

Hello, I would like to know how it is possible for me to do the following: 1)Enter at least 5 words (I am using strings) 2)Store them in a vector 3)Make a...
[3 replies] Last: I am also having trouble displaying out random shuffle (by CelestialX)
Need help getting started with arrays

So I have to write a program that allows the user to populate an array of integers with ten values. After the user has entered all the values, then display a pr...
[8 replies] Last: Yes, I used the same code... EDIT: Nevermind, I rewrote the code. ... (by iseehealthbars)
Gradebook program

I have been asked to write a gradebook program where you ask the user to enter a students first and last name, their major, and then enter three assignment scor...
[6 replies] Last: It is okay! In fact, it is the best way to do this problem. Although... (by Hirokachi)
Returning Data from a Struct Array Back to Main

I'm just learning about data structures and how they work. I'm writing a program that has to get a customers information (first name, last name, business addres...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help, xismn! I removed the pointers from my... (by raiiiny)
How to stop a for loop from incrementing but not stopping the loop entirely?

It's a difficult question to describe but, I want the maximum amount of times my for loop to increment something to be 5 times, but I want it to continue loopin...
[5 replies] Last: Something like this maybe? #include <iostream> #include <string> in... (by xismn)
by Lado
Error while tranposing a dynamic array

Hello, so here below is a void function that transposes a dynamic array. It works for some inputs that I try but for other inputs I insert I get this warnin...
[3 replies] Last: Why didn't it work? If you got error messages post them. (by jlb)
How would you make each line a certain amount of characters?

I have to create a text formatter and the first part is that I have to make each line of each string from a text file 60 characters by default. How would I go a...
[no replies]
acos output does not match correct result

Hello everyone! I have a functioning code but am not getting an output that makes sense to me. I'm sure there's an error here but I am not finding it. In full d...
[4 replies] Last: Radio4, Okay thanks! I'll take a closer look (by bunny16)
Sorting integers from lowest to highest

Hello, I have to short the numbers entered in order from lowest to highest. When first did it I just had cout statements under each if putting them in order. I...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you everyone. Its at these moments that I hate this course. Some... (by needhelpplease)
Making a simple multiplication table with four variables.

Hey everyone, I have a question regarding how to create a multiplication table. I'm trying to have the user input 4 integers (R1, R2, C1, C2) and use these v...
[2 replies] Last: The main thing I am having trouble with is how to add that weird ----|... (by mattybraps98)
by TeeWee
recursive cstido help

im very new! having problem understand recursive in cstdio i google it but most search give a different library i have a lab next week and want to prepare for i...
[2 replies] Last: Please note: don't forget to mark this topic complete. Thanks, ~Hiro... (by Hirokachi)
Converting into a function help

Hello guys! I'm new at programming and have some problems converting this exercise into a function. This is an exercise i've made, but now i need to make it i...
[no replies]
Linked List

I have to create a linked list, a stack, and a main to print out Hello World backwards. I am running into some problems with my code. Here is my Linked...
[9 replies] Last: ||In instantiation of 'MyStack<T>::MyStack() [with T = char]':| |6|req... (by AndyGator)
Help with GPA Calculator

My teacher wants me to write a program without using arrays. it has to include functions and read % write to file. the problem specification is to calculate th...
[1 reply] : You have been given a lovely pseudo-code, whats the problem now? Try t... (by shadder)
Output question

What is the output of the following C++ code? int x = 5; int y = 12; if (x + y > 20 || y – x < 10) { x = y + 6; y = 2 * (x + y); cout << x << "...
[1 reply] : How about you compile it and see for yourself? (by shadder)
beginner 2d vector errors

I have a 2d vector storing a grid. I want to edit the grid based on coordinates which are stored in another vector and am running into a type grid does not prov...
[3 replies] Last: There is nothing in your code snippets to tell us what a Grid is, so... (by cire)
Output?

What is the output of the following code? int num = 17; //Line 1 double gpa = 3.85; //Line 2 bool done; ...
[no replies]
C++ check if array contains all array values from another array

I want to make a program that will check if an array contains all the array values from another array. So, if that's true, the program will return True using a ...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int p = 5;... (by theturk1234)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 3738394041... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.