Beginners - October 2016 (Page 32)

This should be easy but I have tried and failed

How do I use to upper so that if any alphabet is entering in lowercase it will be moved to uppercase. I use the entire alphabet in the code. #include <iostre...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks this is definitely a better program! However, with my lack of e... (by shonmcbride)
Need some guidance

Hello, I need some guidance on functions. I have this assignment to do and I've written all of it but the end result where it displays the length, width, and ar...
[3 replies] Last: @AbtractionAnon, well thank you for the help. I now understand where ... (by Fundamental)
Creating a Program

Hi all, very very basic problem/question here. Quick background, I am working through Sams Teach Yourself C++ and am at the very beginning, "Creating Your First...
[4 replies] Last: Got it! (by jbrettk629)
NEED HELP WITH HANGMAN

I have to finish this program by friday and I have no idea how to do the rest. it cannot contain any loops. #include <iostream> #include <string> us...
[no replies]
How do I put in a yes or no input statement? Yes for the program to run and no for the program to stop

How do I put in a yes or no input statement? Yes for the program to run and no for the program to stop. I also need a yes or no input at the end of the program ...
[no replies]
library

Hello, I have been trying to get the library to work. But somehow it doesn't work at all. I need simple window.h and such. I went to my dev ++ program >...
[2 replies] Last: What are you trying to do: 1. use a dynamic linkable library (dll) in ... (by Nico)
I need help with my 'while' statement assignment.

Hi, I'm taking an intro programming course, but I'm having difficulty with my current assignment. Here's the assignment: Using while statement, write C++ c...
[3 replies] Last: Consider: "while the number of bits that I am printing the value for i... (by Nico)
Where can I learn code?

I'm not sure where I could begin learning code, I don't have any money for books, or online classes. And I can't seem to find any free resource for learning c++...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by ScienceTheRat17)
Help!! I am lost

Write a C++ program that will ask the user for two positive integers a and b. You may assume that both a and b are in the set { 0, 1, 2, ..., 999} and that a < ...
[3 replies] Last: That's because the training bracket and comma has been added to the en... (by MikeyBoy)
File Reading Project

Hi, Just need some help understanding how to go about writing a project for fun. I wanna take like a conversation (ie. facebook messenger, text) and use the ...
[1 reply] : PS: I know I am going to have to use array's and loops in order to cou... (by CrazyAce)
by jeg19
error: a function-definition is not allowed here before ‘{’ token

Im getting this error and im not sure how to fix it In function ‘int main()’: 25:2: error: a function-definition is not allowed here before ‘{’ toke...
[1 reply] : Line 17: You can't define functions inside other functions. Move this ... (by helios)
Array

I want use write a loop that the user can enter int. the user can enter infinite number of int until they enter -1. And I want to use array to store the input i...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <vector> using namespace std; int main... (by closed account LA48b7Xj)
I need help on this problem!!

I need help on this problem!! I have the answers but I need to know HOW to revise the code. I'm still a newbie trying to learn. Question: Step 2: Compile t...
[1 reply] : hello lisarastogi, Welcome to the forum. You already have your answe... (by Handy Andy)
Class Type redefinition error

Getting Class Type redefinition error in class BikeRides { line in cpp. I am not sure how I can create the Class in the source file after declaring it in the he...
[2 replies] Last: @rafae11 thank you that works. (by itsnotme)
Error on Dress class header and cpp files

I'm doing a Dress class by using header and cpp files. When I develop the codes for both my header(given) and cpp files and wanted to compile them, I have an er...
[1 reply] : the order is switched. you are expecting a string , int ,string ,doubl... (by rafae11)
by zakk
error C3861: 'getdate': identifier not found

I have an error C3861: 'getdate': identifier not found. Anyone plz help me to solve it . Thank you . void WORKING :: issuebook(void) { BOOK B ; ...
[1 reply] : Hello zakk, Please use the code tag to the right under format, its th... (by Handy Andy)
Output for Area isn't correct or calculating?

I'm doing a simple sample exercise program for C++ that is asking me to have the user input a Base and a Height and calculate the two in order to find the Area....
[2 replies] Last: Still coming back as 0, could it be that my input isn't being used som... (by McNasty49)
Why does argv[0] print different value in these two cases?

The program is below: #include <iostream> int main(int argc, char* argv ) { std::cout<<argc<<std::endl; for(int i=0; i<argc; i++) { std::cout<<argv <<st...
[1 reply] : I am using windows, actually for a long time I thought I could just us... (by curiousengineer)
How to not accept letters after numbers for an int?

Basically I'm trying to make error messages for invalid cin inputs, but I'm finding that when I put letters after numbers for integer values it just reads the n...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cctype> int main() { int x = 0; ... (by JLBorges)
Which loop would I use

Newbie here. I'm looking for help dealing with a problem and I don't know exactly how to start it, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have to write a...
[2 replies] Last: I would use three loops: - a while loop to keep getting new input unti... (by Nico)
October 2016 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.