Beginners - October 2016 (Page 23)

Hopefully not vague question about console RPG inventory system

Okay you guys, I need help with creating an inventory system for a console RPG game, but I'm trying to be very specific and I can't seem to seem what I am looki...
[no replies]
Reading Text from File into Struct Array

Hello. I'm having trouble reading text from a file into a struct array. I have to do much more with this program, but I first need to load the array with the d...
[2 replies] Last: You're not utilising the full potential of for loops. getline(stats... (by raiiiny)
Unknown problem.

Hey! When I execute the following code.. double test = (17+51*60+37*3600)/3600 // for example.. cout << test << endl; I get 37.000 printed ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow really.. I'm so dumb.. Thanks for your reply ^^ (by caesarr35)
Please check my code

The problem was that when I put a false temperature or a false wind speed. It display correctly. However, when I put both false value, it only display "Invalid ...
[9 replies] Last: the code of Abstraction was way too advance for my class now. If y... (by AbstractionAnon)
Any ideas on a beginners programming project that has a community purpose?

This is a question to ask for ideas and not for help on specific code. Sorry if it's not the right forum to post it to. Ok, I know this is a tough one, but I...
[1 reply] : It's a great question. - You sort of came up with an idea yourself in... (by lastchance)
void function issue

I have an issue while assigning values in a void function.. Outputs = 0, 0; void AssignValue( sdl_rect rect, int xx, int yy) { Rect.x = xx; Rect.y =...
[6 replies] Last: Oh thanks, i'll try. I was writing this topic on the phone.. too poss... (by Manuel Di Criscito)
Throw catch exception

I need to understand how catch and throws work callThePhone(parameters) { //do stuff if blah blah try{ callThePhones(parameters) ...
[3 replies] Last: Throwing in the catch block does not differ from any other throw. That... (by coder777)
reading from a text and ...

Write your question here. hi everyone sorry if this is too basic I have a text file like this: Number of Nodes:6 Number of Arcs:9 Origin:1 Destination:6 ...
[1 reply] : You can use getline to read number of nodes/arcs/etc, as they are all ... (by integralfx)
Problems with my table

So for part of my assignment I have to make a table with 12 rows and 3 columns. I wrote that but I'm not getting the output I want so far. This is what I have. ...
[4 replies] Last: Here is the struct version. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #... (by switchy)
what data type

Hi I want to start a program that can store lots of information. Example a long client list with names, phone, address, email, age. I see there is a data stack...
[4 replies] Last: thanks so to start learning myself I'll start with the text file and t... (by selflearning73)
I need help! I don't know what's the problem

can anyone help me!? I keep getting errors for my function makeDecreasingPart. This is my code: #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <cassert> usin...
[3 replies] Last: Ok, lets look at the code and think through, what happens on a "simple... (by keskiverto)
Judge average Score

9. Star Search A particular talent competition has five judges, each of whom awards a score between 0 and 10 to each performer. Fractional scores, such as 8.3, ...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags. http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ ... (by integralfx)
Help with finding a factorial in loops

HI everyone, so im tasked with making a loop to find the factorial of a number that you enter.But i cannot figureout how to make the factorial part work. For e...
[1 reply] : That's because your loop only iterates once for every number you input... (by integralfx)
EOF is added to my vector when reading from file?

So what I am trying to do is read data from a text file, and add the variables to MyClass then push it to the end of myVector. The problem is that the EOF is...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks @JLBorges! (by gunman353)
Function SOMETIMES returns incorrect value

Hello, for a project I made, I am using a function that determines the distance between two places on a map based on their latitude and longitude, returning the...
[1 reply] : Seems to work fine for me. distance between (33.9416, -118.409) and (... (by integralfx)
C++ Error

Question: At the beginning of every year, Khalid receives a raise on his previous year's salary. He wants a program that calculates and displays the amount of ...
[4 replies] Last: #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() {    //Declare va... (by tennisnash2)
Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort and Selection Sort

So I'm new to C++ and am needing a little help. All feedback is welcome. I am suppose to create an AList object and then use that AList object to make the follo...
[no replies]
Pass by reference help

Write your question here. // PartialSum.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #inc...
[1 reply] : I wasn't sure what your trying to do, no comments in code, sum, sum1, ... (by SamuelAdams)
by kmm96
I need to convert this code from pascal to c++

I need to convert this code from pascal to c++ program LABYRINTH; {BACKTRACK1, i.e. depth-first, no infinite cycle} const M = 7; N = 7; {Dimensions} ...
[3 replies] Last: Here's my attempt. #include<iostream> const int M=7, N=7; int LAB ... (by vin)
Help! Looking for Projects Utilizing C++, Spreadsheets, and/or Autohotkey

I don't even know where to start looking. I need practice with IDE's surrounding C++ while making applications that are resume worthy. My knowledge in C++...
[no replies]
October 2016 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.