Beginners - October 2016 (Page 2)

Need some help / C language / Deleting vowel words

The task is to delete all vowel words. I would be glad if you could help me. Something is wrong with the program. #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> #inclu...
[6 replies] Last: There's not a lot I can say without posting actual code, and I think t... (by Chervil)
Can I change the way index values work?

Whenever we count the number of something in real life we begin with 1 because it would be silly for us to start with 0, meaning nothing, and then advance to on...
[4 replies] Last: I found this on the Microsoft msdn web site - it makes me so glad that... (by lastchance)
Thumb Drive

Is there a way I could put a password on a usb thumb drive using c++
[1 reply] : C++ is a programming language. You can write code which is translated... (by Stewbond)
Communicating with the Pic16F913 programing issue

Write your question here. Hello! Everyone! I'm a new member in this forum.Very happy to be here.Have fun! Here is my issue, it appears that all the communicatio...
[no replies]
Can someone explain the reason for this output?

I don't understand how this code is outputting 11. I keep thinking it should be 7. Here is the code #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main...
[6 replies] Last: The assignment operator works everywhere, even if they are in the if-c... (by SakurasouBusters)
by kmce
references

In the book I am learning from it says. A constant reference to a vector of sting objects named vec void display (const vector <string>& vec) D...
[4 replies] Last: Sometimes people use phrasing like "the reference is the referent" or ... (by mbozzi)
I need help with Car Class.

*update1: Hi, thanks to everyone so that i was able to finish the c1 problem. But jump in to C2 which is relative to constructor and i am being stuck with it. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks jlb. Can you help me with the C2. I am stucking with constructo... (by phamminhphuong)
Giving players names in a Tic-Tac-Toe Game

I am wanting to provide an option for players to input their names so that they are displayed at the top of the screen and are also prompted with their names wh...
[7 replies] Last: Firstly, you have said Play is an int, but you want the play to type i... (by mjtilbrook1)
by svales
1st post definitely not my last.

Hello all, I am in need of some assistance with my CS homework, its week 1 into the class and we are asked to create shapes out of asterisk. i successfully code...
[no replies]
Dominoes

Hey y'all just need some help with a coding project for school, do not have a lot of help from the professor! So any help is appreciated!! Just need to know if ...
[no replies]
by rantiv
Functions!

Hey so we are making a program and have to run it using srand(42). I am having trouble making my input repromt when they enter invalid input and not repromt the...
[no replies]
by mgala
C++ Having Trouble Generating a street address based on conditions

Hello, I'm stuck with how to properly advance my loops to test for the conditions provided for an assignment I'm working on. The conditions for this four digit ...
[3 replies] Last: Omg thank you so much I was so confused about how to parse the 'i' so ... (by mgala)
void functions(help)

Hi i am new to this site. I this code from my book that i had to rearrange and put it in the correct order and make it functional, so i have it all in order and...
[4 replies] Last: That worked thanks alot! (by mookster66)
How to repeat the program through input

Hello, I have been struggling with this for quite some time now and are needing help in how to repeat my program through the appropriate input. I am unsure on w...
[2 replies] Last: if (choice2 == "Y" || "y") Each condition must be typed in full: if... (by Chervil)
by koopey
struct & union difficulty. getting segmentation fault error.

I am getting segmentation fault error while debugging. while running normally, nothing is displayed including no error. #include <iostream> #include ...
[1 reply] : You are accessing an uninitialized pointer variable. Of course this is... (by SakurasouBusters)
Error Code

#include<iostream> #include<math> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; double getPayment(int,double,int); int main() { int carPrice=0,rebate=0,te...
[1 reply] : Changes are commented #include<iostream> #include<cmath> //<-- chan... (by joe864864)
Calculator using functions

My program is not compiling. I'm really new with functions so any help would be much appreciated. I would also like the program to spit out an answer for each o...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=WheatFieldOnFire]1. Any line of code (except for comments and s... (by mbozzi)
Help With Stacks

Hello, I'm supposed to be writing a program that sorts the largest elements of a stack with random numbers into a stack called ordered. I believe I have the pro...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much, I truly appreciate your help with this. (by juiceyjuicekid)
input from file

I am having difficulty getting input from a file because I can't figure out how to create a function inside a class that will transfer the data to the class var...
[4 replies] Last: Wow, no I mean wow! Thank you both so much! Now it makes sense to me. ... (by dragonfly95670)
Constructor Assistance

I have to change my code into using member functions and constructors but can only change 2 files, yet keep getting errors. I'm unsure of how to properly use th...
[no replies]
October 2016 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.