Beginners - October 2012 (Page 4)

by nahla
Parameter question...

What does this do, and why is this function call wrong? function: void swapit(int& a, double& b); with variable int f; double g; ??
[7 replies] Last: Those are bad homework questions. It's all to often I see really bad ... (by martianxx)
Compare Three Numbers

I am trying to write a program that compares 3 numbers with the output labeling high, med,and low. It works for the highest and lowest, but I am having challeng...
[3 replies] Last: So I updated my code but am still unable to get the 'middle (med)' val... (by Natalyias77)
parsing file data into array of objects

assignment is as follows: Fred Barnes and his partner Alfred Noble are trying to drum up some business for their newly launched bookstore. They have decided ...
[3 replies] Last: hmm, so like this? string ftitle, fauthor, fisbn; double fprice, f... (by ilovelearning)
strings and chars

Hey, Ive been trying to work on this problem for at least a couple hours but still am not sure how to approach it. I need to write a bool function with string ...
[5 replies] Last: I would try a simple loop that adds each character to a string until i... (by IWishIKnew)
count words with vectors

I am writing a program that can count words, here is my code so far, but every time i run it, there is an error that I dont understand, can anyone help me with ...
[2 replies] Last: Why do we shall guess what is the error?! (by vlad from moscow)
by nahla
How is max3() using global variables in a bad way?

How is max3() using global variables in a bad way? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int maximum; void set_max(int a) /* PU...
[1 reply] : First of all I do not see where i, j, and k are declared in your progr... (by vlad from moscow)
Returning pointer from functions

Source from http://www.tutorialspoint.com/cplusplus/cpp_return_pointer_from_functions.htm *********************************************************************...
[1 reply] : Doing getRandom(); will show the memory address and *getRandom(); ... (by Callum5042)
DLL Files

If I have a .lib file and a .h file, how do I create the .dll file? Tutorials would be appreciated, but if its simple enough I wouldn't mind just being told ...
[no replies]
by rossig
beginning with RegEx expession

Hi everyone, I want to find a text pattern using regular expresion. I am using the regex library. The fact is with any regular expresion throw an error. Actua...
[2 replies] Last: This the output error into the terminal: terminate called after throw... (by rossig)
Braces and such

Hello, I have a test coming up and my teacher is tricky guy he likes to make sure we know about braces. So I have a couple peices of code from a practice test ...
[4 replies] Last: It helps if it's formatted. How to use tags http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by andywestken)
value of pi

Hi, Is there a function in C++ library that tells us the value of pi
[6 replies] Last: When I did my very first programming course, it was suggested to use ... (by Chervil)
having trouble tracking down a particular C++ error

Hello! This will probably be a very simple error, but I can't find it to save my life. The error i'm getting: Stack.h:79: error: expected initializer before ...
[6 replies] Last: Works for me. Thanks again. (by mistabob)
by nahla
Help 'reading' some code.

Here is some code, I was wondering if someone could explicitly describe what is going on throughout the code so I could better understand it. I have tried but I...
[1 reply] : Such as what do a and b refer to in the first, second, and third cal... (by Moschops)
by timi96
thousands of likes for this site.

This site helpes me a lot. Thanks
[no replies]
Please Help Void function

//Chapter 5 Review 4 //Aurora Van De Water #include <iostream> using namespace std; void SpanishNum(); void SpanishNum(int num) { while (num==1){...
[3 replies] Last: use if instead of while (by Darkmaster)
Comparing Two Files (Bowling Scores)

I am trying to make a program that compares the scores of two bowling groups. In bowling1.dat there are 7 scores and in bowling2.dat there are also 7 scores. I ...
[1 reply] : bowling1>>value; bowling2>>value; You're reading from each fil... (by AbstractionAnon)
What is a reference?

What exactly is a reference? What does it consist of? Contains it an address, just like a pointer?
[3 replies] Last: OK, thanks. (by Fransje)
Troubles with Class Definition project

I'm learning to define classes. My first class program is not working. It's a simple program, just lets you enter a date, then sends it to cout. I get: "Error...
[2 replies] Last: Peter87, That fixes it!! Thanks a lot. Now I just have to debug the re... (by zimbabweo)
fstream issues, please help?

So I'm having some fstream issues, not sure what I am doing wrong. In my program I have it save the values before exiting, but when I try to reopen the file the...
[10 replies] Last: yeah I figured that part out... I actually had a dream last night and ... (by noylekul)
Introducing myself - A beginner, beginning. (1,2)

Hi everyone. I thought it polite to introduce myself, before making posts. I couldn't find an "introduce yourself" thread anywhere, so I guess here is a good...
[27 replies] Last: kay, sry (by devonrevenge)
October 2012 Pages: 123456... 84
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.