Beginners - November 2014 (Page 61)

Printing only a certain section of a binary tree

Hello, I am having trouble with setting up a program to output the data values along a binary tree below a starting at a user defined point on the tree. The ...
[5 replies] Last: You can simplify a little by removing the "id" parameter from allBut()... (by dhayden)
Instance of an instance

Any way to make an instance from another instance of a class? class CLASS [...] CLASS a; CLASS b = new a;
[2 replies] Last: Thank you (by Funkist)
by clodi
how to break this down into more lines?

Hello, How can I break this down into more lines? It's too long but if I go "new line" anywhere throughout, it will give me errors.. frequencies.push_ba...
[2 replies] Last: it worked! thank you so much. (by clodi)
by KMagic
Using cin.getline() to get char array

I have a short code like this to test the use of cin.getline(). I declared a char array consisting of 4 elements. However, when I enter four characters and pr...
[2 replies] Last: Because you need a spare character for "endline" symbol. (by MiiNiPaa)
stopping multiple assignments

I have the following code: char hit; // taking char insted of int because it will get compiler to else statement when somebody types a character rou...
[3 replies] Last: what do you mean by 'later'? You can't push '12' into a char. You cou... (by mutexe)
HELP w/ loops

Need help to slow down this loop... #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { int input; cout << "How many missil...
[2 replies] Last: for(int j=10;j>0;j--) { cout<<j<<" "; Sleep(100);//milliseconds to sle... (by Funkist)
Can´t delete value from vector

I seem to do this right but I can´t delete the desired value from vector by cin. Don´t know why. What have I done wrong? #include <iostream> #include...
[11 replies] Last: No, its just an exercise i found in my book. Yes it calculates the ave... (by patriic48)
by Uruku
geometric series

I actually got this program working for what I need, but for some reason every time I try to rewrite this while loop, to not use the pow() it hangs.... help ple...
[2 replies] Last: I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I put up the code that works... no... (by Uruku)
C++ Core Language

I read that theres a difference in the c++ core language and the standard library. I am just curious.. 1. Why is there a difference in the core language and...
[1 reply] : I read that theres a difference in the c++ core language and the stan... (by MiiNiPaa)
by sya
help me please

why i cant get the answer?its different from what i calculate with the calculator...help me please... /this program use to calculate the volume of the given...
[2 replies] Last: i got it...thanks a lot (by sya)
quick question of triangle shapes

Hey so I have a program that creates a triangle with a user input height. what I need now is to figure out how to add an extra asterisks to the beginning of eac...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the help man, I don't know why I was having such a hard tim... (by MrBond90)
data entry program help

Evert time I run this program, when I select the first option to add a user, it skips over one entry and goes to the second, for example: How many users woul...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks it worked! (by MattBess)
by akai09
iteration logic help

hey guys i need help with iteration logic. i need help with 1-prints out the integers between 2 and 1,048,576 (2^20) that are integer powers of 2. 2-prints...
[7 replies] Last: @akai09 Just as everybody else is saying p[lease show us the code you... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Problem with Total() function Depending on Amount of Numbers in File

The following code has been giving me much trouble. It is supposed to be a program which computes different types of statistical data such as standard deviati...
[1 reply] : How big is the variable length array numberstorage that gets created a... (by pheininger)
need help

How can the output be 2.2 when child() points to a invalid memory address by the time child() returns? Shouldn't the variable's data be destroyed too at tha...
[6 replies] Last: If the particular compiler is using a stack for storing its automatic ... (by pheininger)
by goldyn
Only running if statement, what to do

Hey guys, I'm almost done with my assignment but it seems as though it's only running the If statement in the function, what can I do to fix this, and are there...
[4 replies] Last: Since you started a new thread and thus we do not have the original pr... (by pheininger)
Mouse click problems

I'm using GetAsyncKeyState() to check if the mouse is clicked. However ,it doen't detect clicks when the mouse is moving. Anyone knows a better alternative? ...
[1 reply] : try this if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_LBUTTON)) { //left mouse button... (by TheToaster)
Counter Controlled While Loop Error

Im having difficulties doing a counter controlled while loop and i get these errors and i just cant seem to figure it out. /******************************...
[2 replies] Last: Never mind it works now. Thanks (by Malik611)
Help With Eight Queens - Finding All Solutions

Delete please
[1 reply] : did you look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_queens_puzzle seems... (by Esslercuffi)
by goldyn
I am so lost....

So I have an assignment for my c++ computer class. I've tried for quite a while on it and I am completely lost. In attempts to reach out to the teacher, I remem...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much (by goldyn)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 5960616263... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.