Beginners - November 2014 (Page 59)

Automatic name replacemant

So i have this long project and I want to replace something i defined (with #define) all over. The problem is that's its used so frequently that it can take hou...
[5 replies] Last: Wasn't sure what IDE meant and from the wiki page I got the impression... (by DaGoblin)
Array Class

Hello, I am doing an Array of object type, but I need some help because I want to create a constructor that can be something like: Array(int A , int size); bu...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry I got the answer, I was not calling the function correctly, beca... (by Wait for it)
by tywin
Returning string function

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. So, my code runs fine and I receive an average output correctly. However, although I do get a string...
[3 replies] Last: The function doesn't use the values of grades and average that is pass... (by Peter87)
Any voice recording libraries included within the standard c++ libraries?

As the title says. P.S - I am Code Apperentice, I made another account with the correct spelling and also I can't seem to access my other account
[1 reply] : No, and I don't think you will see it added anytime soon. There isn't ... (by Peter87)
Input Validation Problem

I have a loop that gains a number from the user and stores it in an array. So far, if you enter a character, it denies the character, sets the count back one nu...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your reply! (by seriphim)
Modify a string

Hi, i have a file like this (akagi.txt): 0.000 0.175 4 L 0.394 0.404 1 R 0.450 0.500 5 L short 0.707 0.747 1 L 0.772 0.822 5 R 0.867 0.917 5 R short...
[5 replies] Last: A more general solution might look something like this: #include <io... (by cire)
Help with functions

I'm supposed to get hours, and a letter, then work it out. So, -I get integer "h" with int getHrs -I get char "p" with int getPkg -I set ranges for h and...
[3 replies] Last: OK so where is the file "_MyDeclarations.h"? Usually when you #include... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by orin15
stream fail flag help

I'm trying to check the status of my file i/o stream in an if statement using the fail() function and I get a build error. I've tried to sift through the refere...
[14 replies] Last: You can write any data type you want (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Myna
Write lottery program using array!!!

Write a lottery program that generate 5 random numbers from 1-20 inclusive. I had the whole things but it still giving me error. I am stuck. #include <iostrea...
[4 replies] Last: Huh? That's weird. I don't see any problem compiling here(Was it still... (by rjvc)
by Pg0715
qs on to read numbers from a file

ok so I have three numbers in a file called input.dat and im able to call them but I want to know how to get those three numbers in that function and able to us...
[3 replies] Last: ok I got it to work but now I want to have it to where the file can on... (by Pg0715)
function calls, help

Below are my two function calls the first is correct, I have not found any errors with it, simply posting it for reference. However I am running into issues wit...
[8 replies] Last: thanks for the all the input I ended up revising it and figured it out... (by smokebaca)
Confused about pointers

I've only recently started learning C++, I like coding so far and I've done a few simple programs, but I started now learning pointers and little about them mak...
[1 reply] : Is there any difference between the two? No There's also pointers ... (by mobotus)
by akai09
what am i doing wrong?

hey guys i need help with my code. i need help with how do i print out with 8 integers per line or any number? #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> int main() { int ar ={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,... (by anup30)
Reading in file wrong output

Everything is working fine, except when I put in an empty file, it gives me a max and min of -858993460. I need it to return a value of 1. #include <iostrea...
[7 replies] Last: I'm so done..found out my mistake, just needed to switch if(i>number)... (by vextria)
by csharp
Need help with Structs

Hello, I have to write structs with some functions, and I am not sure if did them correctly! struct ABC { string s; unsigned n; }; bool same(const ...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks cire for being so helpful, I don't want to use the show functio... (by csharp)
When is the right time to use cin.ignore()?

I just wrote a random program using a data structure so I can experiment with some of the functions I had recently learned. But the one function that I don't fu...
[1 reply] : istream& ignore (streamsize n = 1, int delim = EOF); Extract and disca... (by mobotus)
RockPaperScissors (1,2)

Hello, I decided to write a rock,paper and scissors game where the computer and player take turns, and computer makes random moves. I also want to use the bo...
[21 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <... (by pacman169)
Could use some advise please

Hey there, I am messing around while learning to code. I was looking for a great practice program to help me prepare for a exam. Chances are I will already of t...
[no replies]
by LABS
problem

your asked to process the grades of a class of n students (n to be entered by the user). for each student, the user will enter the name and a list of 4 grades, ...
[2 replies] Last: You need to make an effort and post your coding attempt around here. ... (by cnoeval)
help with a program

hello can someone help me with a program for school ive been working on it for 2 weeks and apparently ive been doing it all wrong and trashed it. I was about to...
[1 reply] : Write the code again and show it. We can help with specific errors in... (by keskiverto)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 5758596061... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.