Beginners - November 2014 (Page 57)

by Jon15
Formatting an array and using global variables

I am confused as to how to format my array so that the output looks like a multiplication table. I am having trouble knowing where to put a "/n" or an "/t" or a...
[no replies]
C++ Primer Plus 6th Edition vs C++ Primer (5th Edition)

DatIncredibleGuy (11) Hi guys, I just wanna ask if C++ Primer Plus 6th Edition by Stephen Prata a good C++ book ? and how many months will it take me to re...
[12 replies] Last: Many awful C++ books have been published over the years. Just because ... (by Cubbi)
Homework help for a program that grades a multiple choice exam?? Thanks!

Hello World! (ha) This is my first post to this site. I am desperate because my code is due at midnight, and I can't seem to find a helpful example of the assig...
[1 reply] : *bump* This is due at midnight. I can turn it in late with little pena... (by jackieannejones)
how to use return function to display two different outcomes

i had to make a program that decides whether the integer the user entered is prime or not, then i had to make a function named isPrime to return 1 if it's prime...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah, I guess my hack and slash isn't copy/paste-able. I guess I'll l... (by Lowest0ne)
Read text file into array of int, float and strings

I have a text file, data.txt 4 1 13 3 2 1.1 4.1 8.1 5.2 2.3 the student is in class I want to read this text file lines into an array of 5 indices, ex: mya...
[no replies]
Return type of class functions

I was given some code that looked like this (I added the default constructor and private declarations) and asked to make a program with it (I was also given a m...
[2 replies] Last: What do I return for these??? Return *this . That's what lets this ... (by dhayden)
how to store ONLY the 8th column of this txt file

I would like to know the most elegant way to store only the 8th line of this this text file. I am trying to make a program that will determine when to turn ...
[8 replies] Last: Can't you just do something like std::string line = ""; std::vector<... (by giblit)
Making a myString class

Hi, I'm creating a myString class. I can't get the reverse, = operator, and + operator to work. I posted the .h and the .cpp file below. Problem with reverse: ...
[1 reply] : Operator=() should replace the current value of the string with the ne... (by dhayden)
by jc9
Calculator Program help

I am having some issues and can't figure out what my errors are. I need to do this in C. Thanks. Create a text-based, menu-driven program that allows the u...
[1 reply] : What specific problems are you having? (by dhayden)
Stack Program

For some reason I can't get this program to run. This is directly from my textbook. My compiler doesn't like the "stack.s" or anything with .s Any suggestions o...
[3 replies] Last: You need space between "stack" and "s". (by Peter87)
Identifier not found,even though i have declared the function in header file,and made it in .cpp

Write your question here. int hillcypher::ToChar(int x){...} std::string EncriptFunc(int a , int b ){ int prv_broj, vtor_broj; prv_broj=((a *b )...
[1 reply] : You have forgot to write hillcypher:: before the function name when yo... (by Peter87)
by kww228
Reading from a file and outputting only certain things.

Hello, I am trying to read in from a file named"parking.txt", and I want to read certain values from this file and output them to the screen. How can this be d...
[no replies]
Reversing a character array

I am trying to create a function that will reverse the characters in a character array of any size/characters. I've done as much as I can but I am really stuck ...
[4 replies] Last: You only need one loop that runs from 0 to size/2. At each step, you ... (by dhayden)
What is a value known at compile time ?

Hello, I'm studying the C++ programming language and I'm in a chapter where thebook introduces the constexpr qualifier, to initialize a constexpr variable we ne...
[4 replies] Last: the variable is not a constant expression right? why ? Right. It is ... (by dhayden)
by vladp
Please help!!

What is wrong in this code? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int a,b,c; cout<<"Introdu un numar,mai putin 5"; cin>>a; { if...
[1 reply] : You want to do it like this: #include <iostream> using namespace s... (by Jacobhaha)
How to transfer multiple value from function to function?

im in trouble right now. i really dont know how, can u check my coding? i want to transfer tday1, tday2 and tday3 from function daysInMonth to function numberOf...
[1 reply] : Pass em ad parameters just as you did in your first function (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Breaking a code into separate classes

Hi there, I was given an assignment to make a domino program in which you make a structure to contain info/the numbers on each domino piece, display all of ...
[4 replies] Last: @dhayden That's what I interpreted his assignment as, since we're lear... (by banksters)
Help me correct this code pls

I made this code #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; const int ro=5; const int col=5; void multi(int mb ) { for (int i = ...
[4 replies] Last: w00t m8 thanks for the help you made a man happy today :D (by dksam123)
calculation of date

hi all! kindly help me in creating a program using turbo c that calculates the expected date upon entering the warranty validity on the date of purchased. ...
[no replies]
by anely
Grades c++

Right am new to programing , how do I go about getting students names and scores and the number of passes and the number of fails in a sort of a loop #in...
[2 replies] Last: Garrettww2010, for some reason I can't reply to your other message abo... (by dhayden)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 5556575859... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.