Beginners - November 2014 (Page 52)

by Phaxen
If/Else Statements

Modify the program so that the user inputs both values to be tested for equality. Make sure you have a prompt for each input. Test the program with pairs of...
[2 replies] Last: Not 100% sure what you are looking for exactly. But to put them into a... (by daltonmc)
Help with seekg()

I need to write a program that reads certain characters in a file. For example: all characters from beginning to end or in reverse order. //This program reads ...
[3 replies] Last: Load the entire file into a string, and close the file. string s, ... (by Duthomhas)
by pbfj22
Help with multiple arrays!!!

Hi all, For my assignment, I need to add the job name, actor name and salary for a casting agency. I guess the multiple array here would be the job name and ...
[3 replies] Last: Just make a separate counter variable. Each time to find the jobName y... (by mobotus)
Fatal errors?

I'm getting a fatal error: fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals. Also I know that my code won't work as it should as well, nut I want to figure out the ...
[4 replies] Last: Jesus... lol Thank you so much. Silly little errors.. lol (by medinal)
What does the c_str() function do exactly?

I've already went to the tutorials for an answer, but I don't exactly understand the purpose of c_str(). Can some enlighten me on how i can use this function an...
[2 replies] Last: C++ includes the C library which uses null-terminated char arrays for ... (by dhayden)
Program to add days to a date giving me problems

I need to implement this into a larger program but I created a separate program to get the algorithm right. I'm running into problems. For instance when I add o...
[no replies]
using all input?

does anyone know how i can input numbers from a row to find max and minumum in which i will also need to do row. i used that as a loop, it seems to do every pro...
[6 replies] Last: . (by poseidn)
Entering Password

I want the user to enter a password and create a login id etc... But, is there any way that the user could enter the password...but he would see **** instead o...
[3 replies] Last: That thread mentions extended keys. On Windows, besides zero, you also... (by Duthomhas)
One of my first programs

Heya! Hope i post this in the right forum. :) Have created one of my first programs and i wonder if i am going in the right direction with classes and functio...
[1 reply] : To be brutally honest, I would say no. An object should be a grouping ... (by Computergeek01)
by Nison
Strings.

Can someone please tell me why my string doesn't output? I have this.. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main(){ ...
[2 replies] Last: The first error is on line 12. That does not produce the number of ch... (by keskiverto)
Need help, super frustrated!

So for homework we need to write a program: Read a series of integers and determine the following information about each integer: a. Is it a multiple of...
[4 replies] Last: If your prof doesn't want function parameters and return values, he sh... (by jbottrop)
Dynamic array value doesn't change

I am tryint to dynamically create two dimensional double type array. I wrote this code, but when I try to input any value for ex. mass = 5; and printf whole a...
[8 replies] Last: Ohh, wow :D. What a mistake (by Franky4)
Fraction Calculator

I am writing a program where the user can enter two fractions and an operand (either +, -, *, or /) and the program will calculate the new fraction. The program...
[1 reply] : Hi there, a good start! Some points come to mind... 1. Why are you a... (by jbottrop)
Using loop to read in from a file.

I'm trying to write a code that reads in information from a file with a while loop, but whenever the loop starts over it seems to start at the beginning of the ...
[1 reply] : Well, I would say that line 14 should be car = GetCar(dataIn); . Howe... (by Norm Gunderson)
by goldyn
output largest number in array

I can't figure out how to get this program to output the largest number in the array. I think my brain just doesn't feel like working and I'm sure I'm missing s...
[4 replies] Last: Figured it out guys! thanks! int findLargest(const int a , int numbe... (by goldyn)
is there c++ tutoring?

you think it might be expensive?
[2 replies] Last: im in los angeles damn wtf half my paycheck lol (by poseidn)
Linked Lists

I'm working on a C++ program that is supposed to utilize a linked list to create a hypercard stack (whatever that is). The problem is, I have no idea what I'm d...
[1 reply] : I haven't studied this is detail, but I can see a couple of problems: ... (by Norm Gunderson)
Getting "error: invalid operands of types 'double' and 'const double' to binary 'operator%'

I'm writing a program that gets the current time, I took the example off of the tutorials on this site for getting the current time and now I'm trying to break ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh alright, thanks! (by Whooooo)
How to show all elements in dynamic stack and queue (c++)

i need to show all elements of a stack and queue, using static structures i used a recursive function, but with dynamic it doesnt works well at all. When i u...
[1 reply] : In an actual stack memory you would only be able to view the top, but ... (by zoran404)
My program crashes!

So this is my program, what I want to do is create a character from a game with certain stats, strength, armor, critical chance, etc. When I executed the prog...
[12 replies] Last: Wow! You explained it better than any webpage I've read (AbstractionAn... (by erik341)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 5051525354... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.