Beginners - November 2014 (Page 44)

by Dasari
Operator Over Loading Methods

How the operator over Loading methods are called in c++? explain with copy assignment operator and addition operator.
[no replies]
searching in Arrays

I am trying to write a program that splits a poem into separate words, loads them into an array(without making duplicate words), counts how many times a word is...
[1 reply] : You can make a struct that will take an string a count of it's occuren... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
HELP!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!

we need help with this..... we dont know all this errors.. #include "tadhora.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; void horacero (thora &h1) ...
[3 replies] Last: Your linker failed to link your project objects together, am not sure... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by SVcpp
How to remove extra spaces in a user entry?

Hello, I'm currently writing a code using functions that will take in a users phrase, remove any extra spaces and then allow the user to re-assort the phrase...
[3 replies] Last: Wait... what's this for. Are you doing homework? (by Duthomhas)
help with pionters as function parameters.

Hi guys. I want to know how and why should I use pointers or references as fuction parameters. I need examples please :)
[2 replies] Last: Thank you jacobhaha :) (by xxgixxx)
CMD Text to Text file

i am haveing a problem with the text in the file im not sure if there is anyway to get around it, please tell me if u have any ideas. #include <iostream> ...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> int main() ... (by JLBorges)
by cyter
why does strtok return substring of delimited string?

Suppose I have a character string "the pe(o)ple." And use a char array of delimiters; char delimiters ="()" Why does strtok return "the pe" and not the ...
[3 replies] Last: The delimeters are ( and ) so the sentence is broken up in tokens acco... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Build Errors

Write your question here. When I build a solution to the program, I get the following error messages: Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "dou...
[5 replies] Last: Well, that can be got rid of by inserting #include <cstring> & chang... (by Norm Gunderson)
Binary Search not working

I have a binary search function that don´t work and I cna´t figure out why. I need some help. // Ovning_3_3.cpp : Defines the entry point for the cons...
[1 reply] : Solved it with this code // Ovning_3_3.cpp : Defines the entry point... (by patriic48)
by sdream
sort function is giving unexpected results

i have structure data as : typedef struct { int num,index; }data; and my sort function as : bool comp(const data &i , const...
[2 replies] Last: thanx @Peter87 . I am new to c++ STL container , thts y i took it diff... (by sdream)
Problem with getline function

When I run the main file below, the getline function copies into input_string variable a weird character that somehow overwrites a string output before it, such...
[2 replies] Last: infixFile.txt created on Windows machine and you are trying to run ti... (by DyslexicChciken)
Constructors help.

I know how to build a constructor, but I don't know when to utilize it. The entire concept for me is confusing. Could anyone here please explain how Constructor...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks everyone! Especially to you, xxgixx, my main purpose of learni... (by Wulfinite)
Array function calling

For some odd reason, my last function to find the index variable with the largest number is not working. It says the biggest number is 10, and it occurs 10x whe...
[4 replies] Last: int firstElement = find_count(arr, 10, arr ); int secondElement = fi... (by mzzz)
by bhalo
size of delete[]

int *ptr = new int ; for(...) // this loop does not know the size of ptr but, delete ptr; without indicating size ?
[4 replies] Last: it seams there is a table that saves the size of the block allocated ... (by mzzz)
Having troubles finding the logic behind questions!

I started learning C++ 3 weeks ago in my Uni class and I have a very dismissive Prof who would insult me rather than answer my question. So I'm in a very depres...
[1 reply] : int result=1; for(int i=2; i<=10; i+=2) { result = result * i ; }... (by anup30)
by davez
c++ -> Java

Hey guys any java programmers here? I am trying to study java and I need some list of reference any reference for beginners will help thanks
[2 replies] Last: thank you dude... you da real mvp :D (by davez)
by vxk
extract numbers from a character string

I am trying to extract numbers from a character string like the one below one by one .The only thing i could find out was that you can convert character string...
[2 replies] Last: thanks ! (by vxk)
Arrays within functions assignment

For some odd reason, my last function to find the index variable with the largest number is not working. It says the biggest number is 10, and it occurs 10x whe...
[1 reply] : You should do that in two separate steps: 1. Find the max value. 2. fi... (by keskiverto)
Static variable help and explanation

I have this assignment for my C++ class. It asks to use a static variable. I don't have the book with me so I can not look up what that is. Can someone explain ...
[1 reply] : Your link is broken for me I assume that you need plain static variab... (by MiiNiPaa)
using the cctype

Hello guys. I was asked to write a programme which involves using the toupper() and tolower() functions. But every time I run the programme I end up with som...
[2 replies] Last: oh!! that seems to solve my problem. thank you peter87 (by Misbahu)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.