Beginners - November 2014 (Page 43)

Using Functions to find Circumference, Distance, radius and area

I'm having trouble with the output of this function. i dont know whether i need to have parameters for the radius, circumference, and area functions or not.When...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <cmath> double dista... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Help with GCF and LCM

I am trying to create a program that finds the GCF and LCM of two positive numbers using functions. I have fairly confused my self and would like a little assis...
[4 replies] Last: I've already answered that. Now you need to read the links I gave yo... (by Duthomhas)
by iluv41
how to increase the size of an array

I have an array that i need to increase the size of depending on the object being used. How would I increase the size of this array if I needed to? // ...
[4 replies] Last: "need"? char * temp = new char ; char * foo = new char[max+more] {}... (by keskiverto)
Need help with C++ Program

I have a project due for my computer science class tomorrow. My program has to prompt a user to guess a random number 1-100. The guess is correct whenever the d...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, why would the difference ever be negative?? (by chrisxv)
Help Overloading Increment/Decrement Operators?

I posted this here before with no luck but I am completely stuck. Any hints or guidance would be much appreciated. My program has two constructors. One takes...
[no replies]
by cGuru
File String Replace Algorithm... Please

I adapted the code from the following: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9505085/replace-a-line-in-text-file To replace a string in my file with another. T...
[no replies]
Is there a way to show a range of bytes in a file?

I am trying to display the first ten lines of a file that I just made. I know i can use the seekg and seekp functions to determine which byte I can access from ...
[3 replies] Last: Never mind, i find it easier using an array. (by SomeAmazingGuy)
Why constructor is executed before main function ??

Hi, I wrote two programme to understand behavior. There are two question, each of them are after code output //Programme 1 #include <iostream> using n...
[2 replies] Last: There is no cout in Rectangle(int a, int b). (by fabtasticwill)
Looping y/n prompts properly

Hi, I've been working on this assignment for the past couple of days and am stumped. I'm having trouble with my loops, I want it to ask the same question when t...
[2 replies] Last: ahh that flew right over my head. it works now, but I had to make a fe... (by lalelulalo)
by LearnC
Write a function moves the nth element of the queue to the front.

I've been struggling with C++ since day one and have been barely surviving. The assignment I'm working on now is to write a definition of the function moveNthFr...
[1 reply] : Hi you can use another queue to assist you Because a queue is a FIFO s... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by AWW47
Incorrect output to array search

In this program I have 2 arrays, proBT , which is unsorted and sortedBT . Both have the exact same elements. I'm trying to map the indices of proBT elements ...
[3 replies] Last: You will sort the array proBTIndex. You have to swap, when values are... (by keskiverto)
Word counter prevents program from working properly

For this program I need to read in "commands.txt". If it's empty I will display "commands.txt is empty". So I create a small block of code that counts the numb...
[1 reply] : Problem #1: Line 15 - shouldn't this be ++c not ++q ??? Problem #2... (by Norm Gunderson)
SPOJ Problem-PRIME1 giving runtime error (SIGSEGV) why?

Problem Link: http://www.spoj.com/problems/PRIME1/ Here is my code: #include <bits/stdc++.h> using namespace std; #define M 100000 bool marked...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/112111/ I understand that you d... (by ne555)
I really need help, this is important. i have no idea how to write this code?

I need to write the function "isPalindrome()" so that it loops through the given word and tests whether the word reads the same forward and backward. A palindro...
[2 replies] Last: i came up with a non recursive solve. but first some help how would on... (by DAoliHVAR)
Statistical Calculator yields incorrect outputs.

Hello everyone! My program is designed to take 3-30 values from the user and have it run through a handful of functions to compute average, median, and Standard...
[4 replies] Last: @coder777 I apologize for the sloppy representation. I absolutely had ... (by Chipchip)
Problem with visual C++ 2013

Removed
[12 replies] Last: Your professor said "I don't know" and sent you on your way.... Make ... (by disturbedfuel15)
Linear Regression Calculation issue

I'm not coming up with the right answer and can't find my error. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The answer should be y = 34.53 - 29.8. Reading ...
[4 replies] Last: I haven't looked too hard through your code, but I'm not sure you're u... (by Duthomhas)
need help writing a code to test if a word is a palindrome?

I need to write the function "isPalindrome()" so that it loops through the word and tests whether the word reads the same forward and backward. A palindrome is ...
[no replies]
asdasd

cccc
[3 replies] Last: Where have you declared a variable with the name of "file"? Also you ... (by jlb)
QUICKNESS!!!!

#include "tadhora.h" #include <iostream> using namespace std; void horacero (thora &h1) { h1.horas = 0; h1.minutos = 0; h1.segundos = 0; } ...
[2 replies] Last: Each program should have main() function which would be called at pr... (by MiiNiPaa)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.