Beginners - November 2014 (Page 35)

by HPfats
ofstream, writing to files ?

HEllo there, pretty much a rookie. Learning C++ for a required class. I'm having a very hard time with ofstream. I want to write the results of a looped stateme...
[2 replies] Last: I changed a few things, and it appears to work now. Complies, run, clo... (by HPfats)
Object oriented programming!

Ok ill start by saying im new jere, im 25y/o an i have been reading a few books and watching a few programming VTM's. Sadly i always seem to lose interest in th...
[2 replies] Last: Very good post thx for the reply and clearing up the object oriented... (by DoNotResist)
Help

Answered.
[2 replies] Last: Ah, wow. Thanks. Here I was thinking I had complete faulty code, yet I... (by Lansana)
Is it possible to define a static function member as a inline member?

When it comes to static function members, is it required to make a prototype of the function and define the function with the scope operator? or is it possible ...
[4 replies] Last: "When should I instantiate the static member?" Always, unless you int... (by YokoTsuno)
closed

thank you!!
[1 reply] : Because you only have a singly-linked list, it is impossible to traver... (by TwilightSpectre)
WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING

I do not understand why this is nto working, it runs but every time you do subtraction it just spits out the first number you type in. #include <iostream...
[1 reply] : hi! The question is redundant with the previous post you made. It woul... (by rjvc)
Why is this not working?

Pressing B is supposed to do subtractiona - (whatever next 4 digits you enter) instead it just outputs what you originally did #include <iostream> u...
[3 replies] Last: just replace the second one. So those lines will be changed into: diff... (by rjvc)
by pbfj22
File Instream Help!

Hi guys, My program needs to be able to read some text from a .txt file and then display that information back to the screen. I'm running into a few problems...
[1 reply] : The only real way to ignore the first line is to read that line and di... (by jlb)
by gmac
adding up how many letters of the alphabet are in a file

Write a program which analyzes a text file by counting the number of times each of the 26 letters in the alphabet occurs in that file. Uppercase and lowercase ...
[2 replies] Last: All set!! Thank you! (by gmac)
Learning recursive and iterative

Hi, can anyone explain the difference between recursive and iterative in layman's terms? I am reading and rereading and analyzing but I still don't understand! ...
[6 replies] Last: My son found this definition in an on-line geeks' dictionary: recu... (by PCrumley48)
Linker error

Why am i getting this LNK2019 error? Header: #include <iostream> using std::cout; using std::endl; #ifndef VARARRAY_H_ #define VARARRAY_H_ cla...
[3 replies] Last: header line 10: You declare a default constructor, but provide no imp... (by AbstractionAnon)
by vxk
default constructor Line class

I have a Line class and a FRIEND Point class in it .The default constructor of the point class takes 2 int arguements that is x-location and y-location . eg....
[6 replies] Last: (0,0,0) is equals to 0 (0, 0) is also equals to 0 Read info on , ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Bisection Method

So i am trying to write a bisection method code for finding the roots of a given equation (x^3 - 6x^2 +11x -6), but my code keeps getting errors and I am unsure...
[7 replies] Last: but am getting some errors with it as well. What errors are you gett... (by jlb)
by cyter
shifting characters in a character string

Suppose I have the following character string char * str1 = "2 34 5"; Is there a function in C that could help me shift the contents of this character stri...
[no replies]
by Dom1
C++ total beginner

Hello All, I'm new to programming and C++,I have rented learn C++ in 21 days,i'm under no illusions that learning something like this is an ongoing task that w...
[2 replies] Last: Ok thanks i've just got it time to get to work (by Dom1)
by Koolal
Help with this code

I am writing a code that will ask a user to input no. of corners and the coordinates,the distance between two corners and perimeter of the shape and the area. I...
[1 reply] : Your first and last vertices are of course, x ,y and x[vertices-1],y[... (by AbstractionAnon)
by cGuru
Error C2664

Problem: I am getting an error message. I do not know why because the "p.password" is declared as a string in the class. Error Message: error C2664...
[1 reply] : strlen only works with char pointers (aka C strings). Use p.password.... (by Peter87)
Need Help with Menu

Hello everyone I really need help with this menu :( I have been really struggling with it for the past few days now and cant figure out what I did wrong and wha...
[4 replies] Last: Ok I have fixed the selection issue but I am still not able to clear t... (by camwhyy)
Switch Statement looping errors

Basically, I'm trying to learn C++, and I'm new at this. I know I can continue my program as it is, but I would rather know how to fix this problem now, for fut...
[1 reply] : Your while loop at line 14 checks tryagain, but tryagain is only modif... (by AbstractionAnon)
Problem with array and calendar

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; int getDays(int); st...
[5 replies] Last: I figured it out. I used memset(cal, 0, sizeof(cal)); at the first st... (by thecause17)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 3334353637... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.