Beginners - November 2014 (Page 31)

I need immediate help. 30 minutes till due

I'm in too deep in this class. Provide programs for each of the following :: 1. Get 3 double values from the keyboard. 26, 17, 39 right? Sum the three ...
[5 replies] Last: giblit - while what you've said there is true and judging by the way t... (by felthrian)
improve way of implementation

i've been learning c++ for quite a while now. Although i understand the concept of some function like linked list, struct, queue, i have problems implementing t...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for the suggestion. really appreciate it. Thanks :) (by Eraphine Astrid)
Sorting a linked list

Hello cpp! I am working on a linked list program and I did AddItem, DeleteItem perfectly. I am having issues with the sorting function. It's not working. Ty...
[4 replies] Last: I didn't have the intention to use any sorting algorithm, I just tried... (by DeathLeap)
Implementation of Complx Class

I have an assignment due for my intro c++ class and while i have done well on the other exercises, this one i feel over my head. I'm not trying to cheat or get ...
[2 replies] Last: I have the same problem and am stuck as well. I cannot figure out how... (by tdee00)
Extra number when reading in from a file and using substr().

Hey guys for some reason I'm getting an extra number when I read data from a file and then try and use substr() on the string I just read in. Any help would be ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the help! (by trevormoon)
Finding the nearest prime number to n

Hi guys. I have a homework which is to find the nearest prime number to the number N you input. And i have managed to code one but it's unstable. Somtimes it w...
[5 replies] Last: anup30, again I really appreciate your help! I was very persistent bac... (by hoangothai)
Problem with Cygwin1.dll

I am trying to run the executable for a program from the bin folder and it is saying I need cygwin1.dll, what is this, and how can I fix this problem? I've neve...
[7 replies] Last: You may need to update the system path or reinstall cygwin? https://c... (by wildblue)
filling in a code that draws a circle (need help ASAP)

I am filling in a function that draws circles on the screen. I need to write a loop that goes from 0 to bits.length, and inside the loop, I need to set 2 differ...
[1 reply] : Your question sounds like it's leaving out a LOT of needed details. Yo... (by Ganado)
Check repeated elements in a vector

Hi, I've been self-studying c++ for about a month and I'm reading "Programming: Principles and Practice Using C++", I am at the end of chapter 4 and I've learnt...
[4 replies] Last: Interesting... got it! Thanks mate.... (by BigRedMachine)
Grade my program, 1-10

I need feedback as I have nowhere else to get feedback, I made this program to record the weight of my snake on specific dates, and save it. Be gentle as I am l...
[9 replies] Last: Example of slight changes to your code: //Threw out empty file check... (by MiiNiPaa)
Chain Hashing

Hello. I am fairly new to C++. I am writing a program using chain hashing. My program begins to compile, but then errors out. I cannot seem to figure out where ...
[no replies]
2D array using realloc two times

I read a text file which has information like 3 54 6 32 12 76 ......... 65 32 56 3 integers every line, separated with spaces, many-many lines With line 1...
[2 replies] Last: Ok, I've got the mistake. and the solution seems to be to initializre ... (by mikimaise)
Extern

How do i use extern to call a function? I tried this and i chashed: main.cpp [..] void a(int,int); int main() { a(0,0); } o...
[1 reply] : You don't need to use extern for a function call. all that you need i... (by Esslercuffi)
Still don't understand pointers

I've been trying to understand pointers for the past week and a half or so. I still don't at all understand it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[7 replies] Last: There is one constant you can and will assign to a pointer: nullptr ,... (by MiiNiPaa)
Classes...segmentation fault printing

I am so confused....why is there a segmentation fault printing out after the entire program runs? Did I do something wrong with using memory? /* File: m...
[10 replies] Last: are goto statements that bad tp make my professor "vomit"? Short a... (by AbstractionAnon)
by amagr
Exponent Output

Hey! I want to know how to output numbers in exponent. with cout<<scientifix<<100.0; it works. But if i: int x=100; cout<<scientific<<x; It doesnt. Th...
[3 replies] Last: Thank both of you. (by amagr)
Without using decltype

How would you write the following without using decltype? multiset<Sales_data, decltype(compareIsbn*> bookstore(compareIsbn CompareIsbn bool...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks JLBorges (by closed account EwCjE3v7)
Should I have a notebook for C++? -Advice wanted

I was wondering if I had to maintain a notebook for C++, like writing notes and tips etc. Do you think it's a good idea to do this? If so, please tell me how to...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for all the advice. (by Wulfinite)
Struct Array result returns nan

Hi, I created a program for rainfall calculations. My result somehow for the total rainfall and the average is displaying nan for the results. #include <io...
[2 replies] Last: Your problem is in line 40. . . what values will be passed to your fun... (by PCrumley48)
Importing shared libraries

Hi, I'm trying to run my application on a system other then my computer and get a lot of errors of missing .dll files. What I really not want is creating a fol...
[7 replies] Last: Hi again, so far, I know a little bit more about the functionallity of... (by Binary91)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 2930313233... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.