Beginners - November 2014 (Page 26)

Credit Card Verification Program

Hi friends! I'm taking a programming class and we have an assignment to make a credit card verification program. Here's the prompt to give you some context:...
[2 replies] Last: When I enter a credit card number, the program runs but it just keeps ... (by speedbird272)
stdio.h: no such file or directory

so ive searched the web on this for a while and most of the feedback says to make sure it is a c++ file and not a c file. I am using a cpp file, as the file is...
[3 replies] Last: it worked by reinstalling it thanks!! Glad i could use VS in its pla... (by pilotnate)
lowest common multiple

i want to write a program that calculates the lowest common multiple for two integer numbers that inputs by user and show results at screen. thanks
[7 replies] Last: There is a method for finding the lcm of numbers which makes use of pr... (by Smac89)
linked list issue

I'm trying to get a good grip on pointers and linked lists, this is the first list prog I made. I know passing in and searching for a name probably isn't the be...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the prompt reply. You were right haha. I realized after I i... (by d1ff1cul1010)
Buffer overflow

hi i am doing a huge project and a part of it is like a pre assignment can anyone explain how to do this or give me a website to read about this i need to use...
[6 replies] Last: @ne555 That's a great post. I might try and start hacking my own prog... (by megatron 0)
program help!!

Write a progam that crates a 2D array with 40 rows and 10 columns. Populate the array with random integers between 100 and 200. Output the values in row-by-ro...
[4 replies] Last: int fish = 0; int* fishPointer = &fish; cout << *fis... (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
by doc17
bool argument

how do I write this code properly to display the amount of students that passed using bool #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <time.h> u...
[2 replies] Last: You know what I totally scrambled alot of the description and the code... (by doc17)
by Blue22
Repetition help (1,2)

My Assignment is almost done but one part has been giving me trouble ever since I started. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the summation and repetition me...
[22 replies] Last: Congrats :) Glad you got it working. (by wildblue)
by goldyn
string help

Sometimes it reads all the letters in the string, most of the time it only reads them a few times, any help? #include <iostream> #include <string> using ...
[3 replies] Last: If you make the input a string instead of a character array, you can u... (by wildblue)
by Scizor
Uppercase char to lowercase char issues

Hi all, below I've pasted a portion of code from a project I am working on. Regardless of what the user enters, I need the char to stay lowercase in the program...
[1 reply] : putchar prints out the lower case character but it doesn't save the va... (by wildblue)
by swivel
Help with program.

I am having issue with my program below. When I run my program it only produces zeros. It doesn't give me the information I need. I think my problem lies wi...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks MiinIPaa! I tried using vector and it worked!!! Your explanat... (by swivel)
Issue with functions not returning values

This is my first program with user defined functions, and it seems that my functions are not returning back a value, so my totalCharges are incorrect. I am not ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a ton, that fixed the issue. (by titan93)
Need help with if statements inside a function

I've got this program to prompt for current time in 24 hour format. I use functions to convert the time and print in 12 hour format. The problem is with my conv...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply, I actually changed it to have a = 'p' before the... (by MrBond90)
Help with error invalid operands

I am getting an error in my program that I am writing, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it. The error is on line 42, invalid operands of types 'const ch...
[2 replies] Last: Well I feel pretty foolish for missing that, thank you for the help. (by titan93)
Can't reopen a file with different words

I'm having to build a Hangman game and within the game I've developed a void function that will open the file and read the next text. The problem I'm having is...
[5 replies] Last: Hmmm you would have to do some tedious work setting the filestream poi... (by megatron 0)
A fun project for myself - The Skyrim Alchemy System

I've played a bit of Skyrim today, a cool project came to me when doing some alchemy: To implement an ingredients and potions mechanism. Don't ask for code, ...
[3 replies] Last: If you want to copy Skyrim alchemy system, these links might help you:... (by MiiNiPaa)
New programmer -- need help with boolean expressions

I have an issue with my boolean expressions. I want my code to be able to specify between male and female parameters, yet it all conjoins into one. I'm not sure...
[2 replies] Last: Looks like you're using ands when you should be using ors. (by mutexe)
strstr error

I'm using strstr to search a c-string but it doesn't return false. The compiler just crashes when it checks for the value. What can I do to fix this? #inc...
[4 replies] Last: The read function reads in a word then a word that it wants to sub it ... (by mtbrooks1993)
Recursive Function to determine the #of even digits in an integer

I am new to C++ and i wrote a recursive function to display the number of even digits in an integer. I dont understand why it is not working. Any help would be ...
[2 replies] Last: What about now with this code. #include <iostream> using namespace std... (by duvster614)
output empty

i did a binarysearch usig c++ but the output is empty #include<iostream> using namespace std; int binarysearch(int a ,int maxsize,int target) { int low=...
[3 replies] Last: No, thank you anyway. You give it a try. (by jlb)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.