Beginners - November 2014 (Page 13)

loop asking user to do program again

I have a program that asks the user to enter an account number and I have an array of numbers and it outputs if the user's number is valid or invalid( in the ar...
[5 replies] Last: ahh thanks. So I had to put the do while loops that asks to do it agai... (by lordzedd)
expected type-specifier and cannot convert ‘int*’ in initialization

I have a large amount of code, so I have tried to only include the relevant parts of the code here I
[7 replies] Last: Its seeems you're using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE). I... (by tcs)
Can I use C++ for my project

Over the years I have used Microsoft Excel to write programs to run my payroll, finance statement etc. for my company (staff <100, simple govt taxation process)...
[1 reply] : You can do this with C++, but since you're used to excel visual basic ... (by coder777)
RainFall "Hyper-Functionalizing" Issue

Hello again! So, after having built this program up, I am getting the same error with several functions, but I'm not sure what it means or what to change " err...
[5 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16144535/difference-between-passing... (by YokoTsuno)
Create Random Numbers to Populate Array

I'm doing someone else's homework. I saw someone else post this exercise and thought, "I can do that." Well, apparently... I can't The problem is to create an ...
[3 replies] Last: rand is a function. Changed the line to: large = rand() % 250; //Lik... (by killingthemonkey)
Error in 2d array index.

Good evening! In the code bellow, why i'm getting that output instead of 5, 2, 3? #include <stdio.h> void showStock(int a, int p, int stock ); int m...
[3 replies] Last: err.. well, you could try it with pointer. see http://www.cplusplus.c... (by rjvc)
by leo255
Function using dynamic mem. allocation - getting seg. fault

Hi all, I pretty much just want the nonzeroCopy function to return a pointer to an array of something, except without all the zero's. This is, of course, don...
[1 reply] : What is the value of nonZeroElsIn just before you call nonzeroCopy()? ... (by keskiverto)
Very simple array problem

I'm making a function that creates a pin (all one string) that is created from random ints. My problem is that my array initialization isn't working for some re...
[5 replies] Last: Maybe its just easier to create int variable that is like 10 digits lo... (by skimmer001)
what does exactly do

What is the output of the program below, if the input values are 4 11 6 17 ? would it be the sum of all those value? Which of the following values will be retu...
[6 replies] Last: Try it for yourself and see: http://cpp.sh/2qk2 The initial value of ... (by Ganado)
Passing Multi-Array Data to a Function

I'm trying to pass data from a 3d array to an averaging function. Right now I'm getting an error where I'm trying to call the function "no matching function for...
[3 replies] Last: Your function calls for a two dimensional array as its first parameter... (by TheKingOfTyrants)
cin, cout & enld not in scoope

What em I doing wrong #include <iostream> int main () { int t = 0, value = 0; while (cin>>value) t+= value; cout << "the value of t ...
[1 reply] : You're using the std namespace without telling the compiler you are. Y... (by danghotties)
Create a destructor and call it

I need to create a destructor for my class since i have a lot redundant obj. I have in my class created destructor like this Class Test { public: vector<pa...
[7 replies] Last: So do you mean that after calling merge() you want to delete the items... (by dhayden)
Help with Tetris Logic

I had the piece falling down the bucket correctly and then I implemented the following classes in order to stop the piece and there is a problem with my logic t...
[no replies]
Structure string is invisible

Why is it that when i use a getline command to input a string for a structure it shows up as nothing? But, when I use a normal cin command, everything is all pe...
[3 replies] Last: It worked. Thank you very much. (by skimmer001)
help with bool and const int array

Hey I got this program to create an array of playing cards and assign the values and suits and shuffle the array. I'm at the point where I need to output the ca...
[6 replies] Last: got it I understand that. I've changed the code but I'm still getting ... (by MrBond90)
stack push function

Hello, I want to use an STL linked list as a stack (I am not taking about implementing a List Stack from STL). So I want to use some of the linked list member...
[no replies]
const char pointer function help

I'm having some issues with changing a char pointer and can't figure out where I'm going wrong Here's my function for changing the description... void ...
[1 reply] : What do you set desc to in the default constructor? (by TheKingOfTyrants)
a better way to write this?

Hi, I'm supposed to write a code which accepts an integer n(between 0-10) and then each character in my array is duplicated by that number. I've written a code...
[2 replies] Last: wow thank you so much!! thats exactly what i was trying to do! :) (by RocketGrunt)
Threads by C++11

I made thread array in 20 threads and need to perform function hundred times, how can I do that to use C++11? When I used like on an example, it execute twenty ...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=Satansoft]And what if I have next writing to call the Class met... (by TwilightSpectre)
Erasing file information

Hello, I'm not very good at coding. My assignment was to open a file and do different things to it. The file is a baseball themed filed with information about p...
[4 replies] Last: There's like 300 names so i can store each name so how would i go abou... (by kathay14)
November 2014 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 65
  Archived months: [oct2014] [dec2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.