Beginners - May 2018 (Page 17)

Opening, displaying and closing a file question

Hey all, file question. I have a saved file on my computer that I need this program to open, display and close. It's giving me one error, and it's as follows: ...
[1 reply] : quotes. Other points and errors: - The fstream is a stream to a fi... (by icy1)
CSC 102 Exercize Question

I'm doing some exercises from a cpp book and the question is "Consider the following function prototype: int test(int,char,double,int); Write a C++ ...
[3 replies] Last: @icy1 & @ peter87 ah yes!, I meant to remove that #include <iostr... (by girlscout)
if else help

I'm writing a program for school project where the input is item1 10 item 2 20 do you have a club card (Y/N) tax rate 8.25 base price 30.0 the pr...
[1 reply] : use [ code ] ... [ /code ] tags (without spaces near the brackets). *... (by icy1)
rvalue and reference please help MEEE

#include <iostream> /*m and n is the matrix size and T is the type of the matrix blocks*/ /*the default type of matrix is int ...
[1 reply] : Hello moo2401, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting button)... (by Handy Andy)
CodeBlocks namespace problem

Hello, I have been learning namespaces in classes using CodeBlocks IDE and I have encountered a problem. Whenever I want to create 2 classes with identical name...
[2 replies] Last: Hello JustinPlusPlus, I loaded up the program in VS and as I thought ... (by Handy Andy)
Shopping Cart...

You are going to create a shopping cart using C++ program. First, the program will ask user’s information (name, address, phone number). Then, display the ...
[1 reply] : Hello garza07, Duplicate http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/2360... (by Handy Andy)
a^b digit calculation with big numbers

Hello, I was trying to calculate number of digits when you a^b, found out this way with logorithm and it works with small numbers, however if i pick numbers lik...
[5 replies] Last: Yes, that's the conclusion I came to as well, @tpb. (by lastchance)
Efficient Int Values

My question is in regards to the most resource-efficient way of assigning values, or perhaps one that is the most secure if efficiency doesn't apply or isn't as...
[4 replies] Last: Then, in both cases, that's not pre-optimization, and therefore not th... (by Ganado)
Why this program gives Runtime Error

int main(){ int *a,*b,*c,*d, e=4; int **array ={&a,&b,&c,&d}; int i; *a=*b=*c=*d=e; for(i=0;i<=3;i++) printf("%d "...
[2 replies] Last: Otherwise, if you want to copy the value contained in "e" into the mem... (by Enoizat)
volume of cyliner --- "ERROR"

write a program that computes value of a cylinder with PI= 3.1417... this is my code .. this is not working properly .. could you please check it // vo...
[2 replies] Last: thanks alot :) (by ayesha1122)
Making code more efficient through functions

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> using namespace std; class Functions { ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Shezshade, With the line of code int tempArray {}; I think ... (by Handy Andy)
Int Limit Req.

Please advice for this program : I am biggner value entered by the user within the range from 10 to 150. (10 and 150 included in the given range.) Disp...
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
Root Finding

What is wrong with this program? It says it won't respond. //Matthew HW7 Root Finding #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> #include...
[2 replies] Last: Crikey, the depth of that pothole! Unless you are into recursion, the... (by lastchance)
compile issue

can someone help me. its not compling . #include <iomanip> #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <cstdlib> #include <string> using namesp...
[1 reply] : When code is " not compling ", the compiler does show error messages t... (by keskiverto)
Error in reference of c++

Hey guys, This is a program to draw a table of conversions from binary to decimal #include <iomanip> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace st...
[4 replies] Last: how can I make it one function? By using the same type for all the p... (by Peter87)
namespace called Constant

pls help me with my homework. => Create a namespace called constants that contains the following information. This namespace will be used by programmers to...
[1 reply] : It looks like your class is already on namespaces. Good, then you have... (by keskiverto)
2D array multiplication

Hello everyone. I have been trying to figure out how to store and multiply two array from a two files that my program will read. I need to figure out how to rea...
[3 replies] Last: You aren't multiplying matrices correctly. There are numerous errors, ... (by lastchance)

[4 replies] Last: garza07, I think you accidentally deleted your post. Please do not del... (by Ganado)
Problem with Constructors, Mutators, etc.

Hello. I'm a beginner here. I'm having trouble seeing what I'm doing wrong in this problem. Here's my assignment: Write a class name StudentRecord with the fo...
[6 replies] Last: Nevermind. I solved it. Thanks for the help, though! (by ITOYEN2049)
Writing an array from a file

I'm trying to write an array from a file. I'm able to output the numbers that are in the file but when I check to see if the array is populated correctly it ins...
[1 reply] : You're going through the whole file, reading each value one at a time ... (by tpb)
May 2018 Pages: 1... 1516171819
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.