Beginners - May 2018 (Page 16)

Needs some Help

Cannot fix the identifier problem #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <array> using namespace std; void sum(int , int , in...
[13 replies] Last: Thank you!!!!!! That was it, I couldn't see it. I am a newby when it c... (by rffrider)
function call for 2d array

I am working on a project dealing with a 2d array. I am getting the following error at my function calls: "undefined reference to `studentAverage(int (*) , int...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, i new it had to be something simple that i was over... (by firescorpian99)
Problem declaring class array? *new to classes*

Write your question here. #pragma once #include "stdafx.h" #include<iostream> using namespace std; class Invoice { public: int getPartNum() ...
[2 replies] Last: I actually realized I was missing the constructor before I came back t... (by stormbot)
who is tryna help me

I am just getting so many errors... HELP // File: retrieve_form_OOP_2.cpp // Author: Komal Dhillon // cs102 Online // Date: 04/09/18 // Description: This progr...
[3 replies] Last: Here is your code with the syntax errors fixed. Be sure to enable warn... (by dhayden)
Need assistance building pig dice game.

Trying to build a pig dice game that will first ask the user to pick between game A or game B. Then will proceed to have players 1 & 2 roll, while keeping trac...
[1 reply] : Trying to build a pig dice game... Here are the instructions... Here ... (by Enoizat)
operator overloading

I am trying to overload the << operator, i keep getting this error message: /* Box_it.cpp:39:68: error: ‘std::ostream& Box::operator<<(std::ostream&, const Bo...
[2 replies] Last: Or you can define the overloads as friend functions: #include <iost... (by megatron 0)
I need to give a condition to a string but can't.

i'm working on a uni project that asks me to create a game, i chose to create an rpg game with heros and each hero has three type of weapon and each type had th...
[7 replies] Last: Well My coding is almost 160 lines long and to be honest I don't thin... (by Thomas1965)
Undeclared identifiers?

Not sure why I'm getting the undeclared identifier and identifier is undefined for "selection." Can anyone see the problem? #include <iostream> #include <fst...
[1 reply] : You don't have a variable int selection in your main (by Hengry)
by Elshot
Help on currency converter storing transaction in vector .

Requirement 1 The program MUST provide a user interface and functionality for users to convert between Fijiian Dollars, Vanuatu Vatu and Samoan Tala. The...
[15 replies] Last: Hello Andy, Thank you for your help and my new assignment is about re... (by Elshot)
rvalue and reference

that is a part of the code to understand the problem , if i call in the main Matrix<4, 4> res = (identity + 2) * 3; i get the problem : invalid initializa...
[3 replies] Last: You best read this thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/22... (by mbozzi)
Counting decimal places

Hi I've written the following code to try to count how many decimal places there are in a floating point number: double d_dec = 342.3781898; double ...
[6 replies] Last: well, i'm trying to write a function which converts floats to strings.... (by rozick1)
how to calculate median and mode with bubble or selection sorts

the question i was given for homework was: Write a program that uses an array called marks of length 30. Initialize its values to random numbers between 50 a...
[1 reply] : The random number generation should be rand() % 51 + 50 if you want ... (by tpb)
Assignment question

Hey guys, this is my first time posting something on here and I could really use your help. I have a question for class and I have no idea where on earth to eve...
[8 replies] Last: Hello alarue1s, Went to work on just the level 1 password first. Mov... (by Handy Andy)
Decryption!

Write a program to decrypt a file named “encrypted text.txt” by using the key found in a file named “key.txt”. Write the decrypted text to a file calle...
[1 reply] : Reported those idiots... anyway.. file and example input files encryp... (by icy1)
Formulas

I need help in writing code in C++ using the formula Tx-T9/T1-T9 = cosh [ m(L-x) ] / cosh(mL). Below is the data that I have collected and will be using. Note: ...
[6 replies] Last: I will type the other 25 data sets into the code. Thank you so much f... (by smitty007)
what do these arguments mean

A. test::NodeHandle private_nh //creating a class Driver::Driver(): private_nh("~"), frame_id(-1), what does ("~") in the above line of code. B. int...
[2 replies] Last: Suppose class Driver { public: Driver(string home="~") : ... (by icy1)
Search function gives error in certain compilers?

Hello! I'm currently struggling with this linked list program I'm making. I want it to search for an ID number and then display the name of the person whose ...
[1 reply] : Shouldn't your search function be more like string node::search(int I... (by icy1)
by dorlow
How to make Hello World in Netbeans?

I am trying to write a simple Hello World in Netbeans. My host OS is Open Suse. I downloaded Netbeans with c++. I went into plugins and enabled c++. I start...
[4 replies] Last: It seems more like a C project. Try this: #include <stdlib.h> #inclu... (by Thomas1965)
by JM567
Soccer Roster with Functions

Hello, I am very new at programming and a few of my functions aren't doing what they should be. I put the problem I'm having right before the function. I'm very...
[3 replies] Last: I'm sure the menu and user input stuff works fine, but better to not d... (by icy1)
Help Finding Median and Mode

the question given by my teacher is Write a program that uses an array called marks of length 30. Initialize its values to random numbers between 50 and 100. ...
[3 replies] Last: Here is a little more... #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #incl... (by Manga)
May 2018 Pages: 1... 141516171819
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.