Beginners - May 2018 (Page 13)

eular problem 3

Trying to do the eular problem 3 but my program gives me the initial value of the variable solution for some reason,when it's not even a factor. Would appreciat...
[15 replies] Last: The square root reduces the search range for the smallest factor consi... (by lastchance)
by Guido
AddObject floating point value

I'm trying to store floating point values in the objects of a TStringlist, but I fail to write a class for storing floats. Anybody has an example please? Thanks...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, that only works with integers. (by Guido)
finding duplicates in a string

Hi guys I am doing some challenges on codewars.com andthe objective of this kata is too find any duplicates in a string I have been trying to solve this for al...
[9 replies] Last: thanks guys :) (by adam2016)
Full score counter in for loop

Hi guys! For one of my assignments I have to write a code that collects lab scores from user input and do some calculations with them. I got through most of it ...
[5 replies] Last: @newprogrammergirl - Often people make a separation between the obtain... (by icy1)
Repetition Structures

I need help in to make the following program can anyone help me. im new to c++ #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int Limit=21; /* • T...
[4 replies] Last: have you seen the % operator? This is effectively remainder from elem... (by jonnin)
maturita-ico

//cpp /* * To change this license header, choose License Headers in Project Properties. * To change this template file, choose Tools | Templates * and ...
[1 reply] : Hello maturita2, PLEASE ALWAYS USE CODE TAGS (the <> formatting butto... (by Handy Andy)
maturita-auto

//pohlavi SELECT prijmeni AS Příjmení, jmeno AS Jméno, IF (SUBSTRING(rodne_cislo,3,2) > 12, 'žena', 'muž') AS Pohlaví, SUBSTRING(rodne_cislo,5,2)-0...
[no replies]
by Guido
TStringList AddObject

In a C++Builder project, I want to store names of people together with a floating point number for each of them. I tried to write TFloatNum, a simple class for ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for looking into this. When I try: StringList1->AddObject("John... (by Guido)
Need help with char type usage

I am at just the beginning of becoming a master programmer whatever it takes ! I am an ambitious person and in my path to becoming one of the best stand...
[7 replies] Last: As a final reply Thanks everybody for the little bits of help and dha... (by AsbestosRemovalService)
Header file inclusion question

Looking for what's considered good practice here. Let's say I have.. file: classA.h #pragma once #include <string> classA { public: std::string _string...
[4 replies] Last: @tpb Alright, good to know. Thank you! (by CGunn86)
by Gore7
xtra complicated stringstream/istringstream (Please answer)

Write your question here. Ok, im dealing with a string in the form of a line that i want to extract integers from with stringstreams. That overall is not my pr...
[7 replies] Last: @gore7, The actual format for each triad is i/j/k where i, j, k are in... (by lastchance)
C++ programing question

Write your question here. Hi. I wrote a program to find the sum of the of the gaps between adjacent entries of an array. The gap has to be absolute value betwee...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you all for your responses. *keskiverto* you are right. The pro... (by lalaland5)
BlackJack game OOP for Final

I have to make a final project with a OOP. I made this so far but I have no Idea why some of the class can't be call from the main program. The error message is...
[9 replies] Last: I add House.cpp #include "House.h" #include "Card.h" #include <iost... (by LmaverickD)
Cannot figure out how to make the program run properly

When I run the program 2 things that should not happen continue to occur: 1. The first while loop activates even when the conditions for the loop are not met. ...
[1 reply] : Your while loop has an extraneous semicolon at the end of the conditio... (by tpb)
by Thesar
Initializing template classes

I am writing a project which contains two template classes ListManipulator will create lists with etiher int or double UserInterface will have the output funct...
[10 replies] Last: Yes. And UserInterface.cpp needs to be in UserInterface.h. But like I ... (by tpb)
Problems with function overload

Hello, I am trying to create a program that uses function overload that prompts the user to input the height and width to calculate area three times. This progr...
[2 replies] Last: There are a lot of problems here. 1. lines 30-39 and lines 48-58 are i... (by icy1)
How can i cout it ?

▄▄▄█████▓▓█████ ██████ ▄▄▄█████▓ ▓ ██▒ ▓▒▓█ ▀ ▒██ ▒ ▓ ██...
[2 replies] Last: In windows at least, the solid and semisolid rectangle are characters ... (by jonnin)
by Yeyk
Kaprekar in C++ ?

I need to make a program in C to obtain the number series of the Kaprekar operation. The first integer must be requested from the standard entry and must be pos...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=icy1]You have a small bug because you didn't 0-pad the next str... (by lastchance)
function initializing

hello everyone... just trying to figure out this issue. I can't seem to get the functions to call out in my main program. It compiles but the output is blan...
[4 replies] Last: I just finished while you typed, sorry I was editing my post above. t... (by jonnin)
Easiest way to put these totals into ascending order?

I need to put these totals in ascending order. What is the easiest way to do so? Do I have to write an entire selection sort? *WITHOUT USING BUILT IN SORT* ...
[5 replies] Last: fuller example based on some of your methods: #include <iostream> #in... (by icy1)
May 2018 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 19
  Archived months: [apr2018] [jun2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.