Beginners - May 2017 (Page 3)

How would I write this in C?

I'm currently in intro to programming and I am very confused as how to write this in C, I would appreciate an explanation too if possible: 1. Ask the user fo...
[3 replies] Last: http://en.cppreference.com/w/c/io/fscanf http://en.cppreference.com/w/... (by TheIdeasMan)
by ATh
C++ Latest Version to Practice coding

Hi, i am looking for way to practice coding in latest version of C++ that is in use in market for professionals. Currently i am using Dev C++ Ver 5.11. I would ...
[4 replies] Last: Hi wildblue, Yes you are correct, that's it. I tried it after the way... (by ATh)
by Ari12
Room Reservation

I am working on room reservation system and having some problem... I am trying to fix something that's wrong with the code..but doesn't seems to get it. I am ...
[1 reply] : You seem to have quite a bit of code duplication that needs to be redu... (by jlb)
Need help with my program

Full disclosure: This is an assignment for my CS class. I'm not asking for a full answer, I just need help on trying to see and understand the program. My assig...
[8 replies] Last: Hello leon9696, There is nothing wrong with keeping the load data fun... (by Handy Andy)
Sorting of arrays

Hi I need to write a code that will sort the absolute value of both an array that represents a vector, and an array that represents an nxn matrix. For the sor...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you very much for the answers, I will try to sort it out. (by sarahwdr)
Hi There how can i make a program that counts the amount of integers a user enters using a loop?

#include <iostream> int main() { int cnt = 0, sum = 0, value = 0; std::cout << "Please enter a set of numbers and then press ctrl+z and ENTER t...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by romeroj1994)
Build error: undeclared indentifier

Hello, i try to build a simple project with VS2017 , my project simply capture image form the screen , but i have a build error "PICTDESC undeclared indentif...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for reply, i have changed : #include <iostream> #include <ol... (by first100)
[enum class] Questions

Hello, I'm currently working on a program that is supposed to use an enumerator type to step through an array of structures. No real problem there. Since my b...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Enoizat! Thanks for your reply! I do see that enum class does... (by Misenna)
confusion in if statment

what does it means i saw somewhere written if(equal)too but haven`t understand this statement too if ( islower ( *sptr) )
[3 replies] Last: See http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ The syntax of if h... (by keskiverto)
something is wrong with references of base class and derived class.

The problem is seems to be the referencing of the base class and the derived class, and when I initialize the constructor and the variables in cpp file it seem ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you guys for your answer, the problem seem to be not initializin... (by shiHear)
Problem in reading file

Hi everyone ,I am writing a program that writes and then read the details in a file for multiple users .My program is working fine but in file it only displays...
[3 replies] Last: its ok i got it thanks (by Usama Razzaq)
Shwing only First Unlucky Employee

why its showing only First unlucky Employee #include<iostream> using namespace std; void getInput(int ,int); void netSalary(int ,int); void un...
[2 replies] Last: yes Thanks i was not know the answer supposed to be for my data (by Najam489)
what is the use of #ifndef and #define

what is the use of #ifndef , #define and #endif ?? can anybody tell me with example??
[2 replies] Last: #ifndef, #define and #endif are often used in combination to implement... (by Peter87)
int variable in class suddenly changing?

I'm writing a function and in the function i am trying to give numbers to each card from lowest (0) to highest (numPlayers-1) to determine who starts the game h...
[2 replies] Last: I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you soooo much for your help!... (by kingkush)
Crashing Visual Studio

I'm writing a program, however, a calculation I put in a function just won't work. I took it out and ran it be it's but it still crashes. I've tried changing th...
[3 replies] Last: Compile with warnings enabled and pay attention to the warnings that a... (by JLBorges)
by BulPsy
Learning C++. Advice on how to aproach.

Hello. Few months ago I started learning C++(as first language). I was learning it by practicing in the console, as do most people probably start. After I thou...
[3 replies] Last: Well once you know some basics, you should use that knowledge to build... (by logana)
Creating a "Bar Graph"

Hi. This is for a homework assignment when I take in some integers from an infile, sort them by their range of numbers and find that range's average value. Then...
[5 replies] Last: I need to allow the bar graph to create it's own dimensions. That's... (by Moschops)
Can't find the error, short program

Hi, I am new to C++ and I was trying to follow an example of a code in a youtube video but it doesn't seem to work when I run it. The person of the video seems ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much Thomas1965 (by Thevenin00)
[Error] '' was not declared in this scope

I'm very new on the C++ language, and it will be my first programming language so please don't judge me. Question: why it says 'Admin' and 'password' are not...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you dude! You helped me very much! (by RidingBoi)
EOF rearranges my priority queue?

At the moment I'm doing some debugging of a school project I wasn't able to finish last semester, determined to figure it out in my free time. I've got some cod...
[2 replies] Last: Don't loop on eof() . That's almost always wrong. You can find plen... (by mbozzi)
May 2017 Pages: 12345... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.