Beginners - May 2017 (Page 23)

String Compare HELP!

How do it make desiredClass = classification & price < maxPrice & price > minPrice & year < maxYear & year > minYear into a strcmp.
[1 reply] : dupe post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/214743/ (by SamuelAdams)
How to check Boundaries in 2d Arrays??

So, I am making a minesweeper game and I want it to display how many mines are around the players choice like this choice where choice equ...
[14 replies] Last: stop, take a walk, eat something, sleep. you are trying to do too many... (by ne555)
Having issues with an ifstream function

I have to make a function that reads data from a given file to a structure with a definition given below: struct craft { int n; float m; float c ; }; Th...
[3 replies] Last: Try this: First you could teach the ifstream reading in a craft struct... (by nuderobmonkey)
Pointers

Write a function find_min that takes a double pointer indicating the start of an array, and an int indicating the length of the array. It should return a pointe...
[1 reply] : min = a ; for(lc = 1; lc < n; lc++) { so if the current one, a is... (by jonnin)
Help with random dice

Basically, I am making a snakes and ladders game Every time I run the code, the Rolls and Temp-Spot roll is different, the temp spot should be the addition o...
[1 reply] : > I need help with that if loop `if' does not a loop. > but once it w... (by ne555)
Need help with C++ functions & classes code!

\Hi, this is a problem I am currently stuck on and I do not know where to begin with. Any help will be greatly appreciated! The Wong Chinese Imports company...
[4 replies] Last: Duplicate thread: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/windows/214665/ (by dhayden)
by tacbd
Multiple Errors when Following Vector Tutorial

Hi Cplusplus forum, Thank you for hosting a place for beginners to write C++ questions! I'll try to not ask anything too absurd, but as I'm learning sometim...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry about the missing delete keyword, I removed it just before copyi... (by tacbd)
by xxvms
Class another question

Hi there I am doing an exercise and all is fine apart from returning value from Time3 object. if I print out inside function TimeAdd I get summary of both ...
[4 replies] Last: @AbstractionAnon - i know what has happened! when I tried to publish m... (by xxvms)
Bug

I have to construct a "bug" in int main and use class to move the mug horizontally right then for each move the bug rotates 180 degrees.I have the program set u...
[9 replies] Last: That is freakin awesome thank you for your help I really appreciate it... (by kirby3422)
by TAN123
Need help with arrays!!

I know this sounds so dumb but I just don't know what should I do with it. So I need to read some data from a txt file, there are some names and integers on eac...
[3 replies] Last: #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; const int... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to Implement a Closure

I need help by implementing a Closure example. Here is my code so far: auto fnc() { int x = 0; auto clos = [&]() { return ++x; }; retur...
[2 replies] Last: You're capturing by reference (the [&] bit), and that does not exten... (by Cubbi)
by leejam
Some useful console app functions

Beginners may find this file useful for working with a console app // myui.cpp // a collection of useful interface functions // for a C++ console app ...
[no replies]
help me understanding typedef

How typedef used in below code working: Because generally we use typedef as: Typedef type_name new_type_name; example: typedef unsigned int u_int32; But ...
[1 reply] : But in example below there is no name to function pointer. There is. ... (by coder777)
Probably a simple error.

when the program gets to EmpID, It prints both cout statements under it together. the others display perfectly. #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream...
[1 reply] : The problem is that line 73 leaves a new line character in the stream.... (by coder777)
Playlist

Thanks for help in advance So User should be able to input songs and sort them (title etc..)and at the end when the user doesn't want to check on more songs th...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <al... (by gunnerfunner)
PROGRAM WILL NOT COMPILE

I need to compose a rock, paper, scissor program but when I try to compile I get a error that reads rockPaperScissors.cpp:(.text+0x111): undefined reference to ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I got it to work I had to finish writing the code #includ... (by fresh716)
Error code C1075

I cannot seem to locate the problem in my code. I constantly get the error "fatal error C1075: end of file found before the left brace '{'" and it refers to lin...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much. (by Prospecht)
coding for to make resistors values into colors

in devc++ have been stuck for a solid 6 days on trying to figure out how to enter resistor value and how to get the colors back. I had to write a class for resi...
[2 replies] Last: Assumes a 4-band resistor, without the tolerance band. #include <ios... (by lastchance)
Help with changing Master Volume with waveOutSetVolume

Hi, i'm making a C++ prank program that does the following: 1-Get Cursor Position and store it as an integer 2-Detect Cursor movement in real time and com...
[1 reply] : For full volume the value for dwVolume should be 0xFFFF. It's also a g... (by Thomas1965)
by Hen52
Please help me with my code :)

Two questions. 1.) So I have four while loops, and I didn't close the code, reason being because I don't know where to put the brackets, so when I run the pro...
[1 reply] : Line 23: If the user enters a valid (positive) employee id, you're go... (by AbstractionAnon)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 21222324
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.