Beginners - May 2017 (Page 20)

Password gets longer on the loop

I can not figure out on how to fix my password generator on a do-while loop. I been trying to solve this for hours now but i can not break it. Everytime i go in...
[4 replies] Last: Hello ihtsbryan, Digging into your program while thinking a solution ... (by Handy Andy)
Code Doesn't Work Properly

My code doesn't show results after pressing 1 or 2. It just become blank. Why is this? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> ...
[4 replies] Last: The program should be like this... Name Sorting -----------------... (by MasterKay)
C++ project- making a text based game

So i'm attempting to make a text based game for a class project. I want to make a class for the rooms the player will enter. Each room will contain objects whic...
[5 replies] Last: There are other ways to store the adjacent rooms. One would be to use ... (by Thomas1965)
Double output problem in string

Hey, so I'm writing a code for my Programming 1 class and its supposed to get a string(one word) from the user and a key, and then update and output the new str...
[2 replies] Last: Ohh I totally forgot the brackets thanks! And my bad, I assumed it wou... (by XxLooneyTunes)
by Natsya
Doesn`t fill a line item to add

Doesn`t fill a line item to add. Please, help me int addGame (int pos) { if(pos<0 || pos>SIZE) throw WrongNumber; ...
[no replies]
C++ Sorting problem

Hi! I am generally new to C++. I'm trying to create a phone book kind of program, and sort the input by phone number ascending. My problem is that after I get m...
[6 replies] Last: @JLBorges OMG Many many thanks! That works perfectly. (and yes, I am j... (by Griffinflame21)
Global Variable

hey..uhh I need to ask if global variable gets destroyed when the program terminates...(like how var inside int main() got terminated)
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by Flaze07)
by Svenge
displaying multiple class objects STUCK

I cannot figure out why the void magazine::magDisplay definition is not working. -------Class Definition-------- class magazine{ friend class Date; friend...
[2 replies] Last: considering you are quite new... here some article http://www.cplusp... (by Flaze07)
Game of Life with File Input

I am working on Conway's game of life and I have the code working but I don't have it set up to where it reads in files. I am having trouble determining how to ...
[no replies]
Help explain the Boolean functions

can someone explain me this algorithm into a mathematics language? (output programs) thanks before. #include <iostream> using namespace std; bool FX (i...
[1 reply] : c++ asserts that 0 is false, and not zero is true. % is modulus, or "... (by jonnin)
by Hen52
Need help with input/output files and binary and linear searches, as well as selection sorts.

Just three questions, I have to input a binary, linear and selections sorts correctly. I have the format but I'm totally lost on what to do next. 1.) I have...
[3 replies] Last: Hello Hen52, i'm having issues with the input and output not opening... (by Handy Andy)
by Ponvo
seems like an easy fix... (linker error)

I am trying to use a stack in a function of a class. After including the header of the stack, the program says there is a linker error... Any suggestions? ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks mbozzi! (by Ponvo)
Print double value without the decimal, but still keep numbers

Hi everyone! I am summing double values but I want to file_out the sumpayments without the decimal but still keep the reminding value of the decimal so for exa...
[3 replies] Last: ne555, I love that you love that too!! Sorry, but this is the beginner... (by closed account 1374LyTq)
segmentation fault

delete
[1 reply] : http://www.eelis.net/iso-c++/testcase.xhtml A testcase consisting of ... (by ne555)
by xxvms
*x ^= *y;

Hi there, someone asked question about their code and he used such line of code *x ^= *y; I understand that this is exclusive or, but I never came ac...
[6 replies] Last: It does math AND copies. It does just as many assignments as the temp... (by jonnin)
I need help c++

Can you help me with this ? See the picture http://store6.up-00.com/2017-05/149401066772081.jpg I need a code Thanks, Regards Regards
[1 reply] : Sorry we don't do homework here. This is very basic programming. I sug... (by TarikNeaj)
Function for all possible derived classes

I have an interface class Base and some derived classes. I want to write a "cloning" function Base* foo(Base*); which will make a copy of an object of s...
[1 reply] : https://katyscode.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/c-polymorphic-cloning-and-t... (by ne555)
using vector of structs and passing functions

I'm working on a project and I've hit a few roadblocks so. I'm supposed to write a program the user types in a part number, it will come back with a report on ...
[5 replies] Last: @gunnerfunner With the suggested program I am not supposed to use any ... (by ohsimplyme)
Can someone explain the output in this recursion function?

I don't understand why the times variable increases for the return messages. Once it gets set to 0, shouldn't the function just stop calling itself? What is ...
[1 reply] : I don't understand why the times variable increases for the return me... (by cire)
by darje
Template class of Array

Write your question here. header file template<class T> class ArrayList { private: T * _storage; int _size; public: ArrayList(); ArrayList(const ArrayL...
[6 replies] Last: the function will increase (make new dynamic array with size+1) Note... (by mbozzi)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.