Beginners - May 2017 (Page 19)

find output of a recursive function by hands

int f(int x, int y) { if(x < 0 || y < 0) return x - y; else return f(x - 1, y) + f(x, y -1); if i want to calculate the output of f(2,1) by hand, ...
[2 replies] Last: oh! thanks!!! that's much clearer to me!! (by karlemange)
by xxvms
Return by refernce

Hi There :) I am reading about returning by reference, and I just wonder how this can be useful. Below there is code a bit modified from book. I have global v...
[11 replies] Last: @ne555 :DDDDD very funny who would think 3000 years ago (or when Greek... (by xxvms)
Loops and Paralel arrays

Hi! I'm meant to be writing a program that will compute the cost of a car and a body modification package plus a sales tax, as of right now devC++ is only givin...
[6 replies] Last: anyways..what are package supposed to be ?? you asked the user to inpu... (by Flaze07)
project

hi I just need a general understanding on this project. like what its asking. Write a program that calculates and displays the total travel expenses of a bu...
[2 replies] Last: To give you an idea... TRAVEL EXPENSES ... (by chicofeo)
Enum with Maps, and Struct

The idea is to have the user choose from a menu of items and store them all in a struct and then print out the order at the end. Everything has worked fine exce...
[17 replies] Last: no worries. I see green ticks all around, glad you got there in the en... (by gunnerfunner)
Undefined reference to function

Hello, on line 116 I'm getting an undefined reference to uninitialized_copy. Could someone explain why? #ifndef VECTOR_HPP #define VECTOR_HPP //#inclu...
[4 replies] Last: a. Remove the declarations altogether and use qualified names std::... (by JLBorges)
Error C2064: term does not evaluate function taking 2 arguments

I've been getting a couple of errors on my program, I was hoping i could get some insight on why this is happening and how to fix it. These are the errors and...
[1 reply] : so you start a new thread to post a link to your previous thread? why ... (by gunnerfunner)
by puchi
Simon says

Hello good night, I'm new to C++ and I'm having some problems. My program is to present the user one more letter per round correct, each move is added a charact...
[no replies]
Binary Search Only Returns First and Last Elements

Hello, I am trying to finish this assignment and cannot seem to figure out what is wrong and multiple web searches and textbook reviews have been of no help. ...
[6 replies] Last: Ok thanks for the help I knew it was probably something small but coul... (by maenielwolf)
search an array

im having trouble setting up main to take in a cin value and sent it to a function to search an array....this is the .h file im having trouble with the raisepay...
[2 replies] Last: I was doing something like this but couldnt figure out how to use cin ... (by Bluexorcist)
Finding Primes (Basic recursive Question) HELP

In completing the question below I'm not sure how to go about setting up this recursive function. Would it just have to be a series of if states such as is divi...
[1 reply] : Double post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/215084/ (by Handy Andy)
Recursive functions (Basic) Please Help!!

I'm struggling with solving four basic recursive functions such as the ones below. I know the set up for these are fairly similar so any help would be much appr...
[1 reply] : Hello DanielleL21, Do not double post on the same topic, http://www.... (by Handy Andy)
calculating value of pi using monte carlo method

what is wrong in the code It does not print anything #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<cstdlib> using namespace std; double calculate_pi...
[1 reply] : Hello hkataria11, The program does not print anything because you nev... (by Handy Andy)
I am as lost as human being can possibly be

So, This is my first year ever learning about computers etc and I have been doing pretty well learning C++ and though I am nowhere close to being a mediocre...
[5 replies] Last: I am not sure if I understand the assignment correctly. Normally you... (by PSinbad)
URGENT HELP (FIRST-YEAR PROGRAMMING)

I don't know how to do this thing. Please copy and paste my code and try to fix it then resend it here fixed. I tried but I cannot do this for 6 days. Please sh...
[3 replies] Last: May I add that you also don't tell us what the problem is so I'm not g... (by joe864864)
by arbwok
Help with vector implementation

I have to create a graph, and I used vectors as the underlying structure for my map. I have to implement Dijkstra’s Algorithm. I have an idea of what I shou...
[no replies]
Help with hello world

So I'm trying to learn C++ and I've started watching some tutorials and videos about it and I'm copying their code but I copy it but I get errors they don't and...
[4 replies] Last: So I tried to rebuild it in eclipse and it didn't work. So I tried it ... (by devdev463)
I am getting weird outputs from my string class when using char const * string

Hello, everyone, I am taking my third program in computer science this time in C++. I have been coding in Python for the last two semesters and as we recently t...
[5 replies] Last: I actually got it the problem was in updating the size and capacity fr... (by The wizard91)
displaying 2 numbers and check if they are even or odd in C++

Write your question here. hi every one,i know i am new in this site but i have been very much attracted.anyway; i am a first year student taking BScIT;My quest...
[1 reply] : Untested: void isEven(int x){ bool even = (x % 2 == 0); re... (by Kiryu)
by SKREFI
Error trying to use classes!

This is the main: #include <iostream> #include "Fructe.h" using namespace std; int main() { Fructe banana; return 0; } This is the ...
[3 replies] Last: Ohh, sorry, I forgot about the error :D https://gyazo.com/6921851c999... (by SKREFI)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.