Beginners - May 2017 (Page 17)

Need help with fixing a few of these errors

My first two cases in the switch statement work smoothly, but the next two have a couple of errors. Can someone tell me how to fix them? #include<iostream> #i...
[6 replies] Last: Hello frustratedSEstudent, As I started working on case 1 and started... (by Handy Andy)
by xxvms
small detail

Hi there I have question about small detail, is assigning value same as or part of initialization? if we have following code: string s1("Man"); // t...
[3 replies] Last: Hi both thank you :) @TheIdeasMan - I am going trough book and this... (by xxvms)
What books should i read after this one.

Hi there, my question is a very broad one I know. but I would appreciate all the help I can get on the subject. My question is: What books should I read after I...
[3 replies] Last: Most of the books I read were in German so that probably wouldn't be h... (by Thomas1965)
C++ Encryption Project

This is my final project for my Intro C++ course. I am having issues with both ciphers. Just looking for a bit of guidance or some changes I need to make in ...
[1 reply] : For clarity I am using Visual Studio Community. (by SupaBeast)
by arbwok
Vectors of vectors question

Is there a way to jump to from one index to another Example vector< vector <int> >v: 1 2 4 2 5 3 1 6 4 5 2 1 6 4 I iterate through the first...
[2 replies] Last: My algorithm is pretty much dijkstra's algorithm. Next to each column ... (by arbwok)
Lottery Ticket Help? (functions & arrays)

Can someone help me with this? I think I'm having issues with the bias number generator and rand().. I need 6 lottery numbers from 0 to 9... Any tips will be gr...
[1 reply] : Line 11,21: Do not call srand() multiple times. srand() sets the RNG... (by AbstractionAnon)
Dropping lowest score and finding average

So I'm supposed to collect five test scores, drop the lowest one, and find the average of the remaining four. It's required that we call getScores five times to...
[5 replies] Last: Let's look at this: return average = ((test1 + test2 + test2 + test4 ... (by chicofeo)
cannot return 'float (*) float'

I have the following error when I try to run my budget code in reference to this function. It says cannot convert 'float (*) (float)' to 'float' for argument '2...
[3 replies] Last: I figured it out, I was calling functions in that code, but forgot to ... (by alextexasfan12)
vector

hey guys..so everytime my vector has a size of 1 and I erase that...there's problem... btw here's my code #include <SFML/Graphics.hpp> #include <SFML/Audio.h...
[17 replies] Last: thank you for your guidance (by Flaze07)
storing and displaying char in vectors

As part of learning c++, rather than using std::string, i want to use char to store and display words. so I wrote a simple program. int max = 10; ...
[9 replies] Last: @JLBorges This sure is a lot to process. But this is wanted. To study ... (by avillageofbigheads)
BMI Calculator with functions

So the program runs, but it always spits out 0 for the bmi and I can't figure out why. Help is greatly appreciated! #include <iostream> #include<iomanip> #...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys! Everything works perfectly now (by alwaystiredman)
by zablas
Need guidance for starting game development

Summer is coming. Which means summer holidays (at least in my country). Which means lots of free time! (Yay!) So I want to sink my teeth into game programming. ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank You! Will check it out! (by zablas)
Urgent - Simple Programme To Connect Application Via LAN

Hi, I have a application running on one PC. I want to connect to that application via C++(Preferably Modern C++). I want to connect it via IP Address. Pl...
[2 replies] Last: See boost asio examples: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0/doc/htm... (by coder777)
by Fojaxx
Char or String array?

so, im new here to the forums, but not new to c++. i took visual studio in highschool and c++ in college, but now i've forgoten alot of it. what im trying to d...
[1 reply] : Currently A is an array of char, but you need an array of strings: ... (by coder777)
Problem making board (conected pointers for board spots)

Sooooo i've been trying to make myself a minesweeper in c for school and need to use pointers and connected lists for my project... but not working ;-; On "myn...
[4 replies] Last: why shouldn't typedef be used anymore? What should i use instead? w... (by gunnerfunner)
budget

I'm trying to create a monthly budget and inside I have a function that completes what tax bracket they are in. For some reason .10 is being multiplied by their...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you so much! Still kinda a noob at this (by alextexasfan12)
Convert this Code into a single function

I got this Code from github How do i Turn this Info a function like Main(){"the Code in here"} #include <Windows.h> int ScreenWidth, ScreenHeight; i...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by FreshDave)
making sleep randomised?

so I'm wanting to make an autoclicker, how would I make it so the sleep function is randomised from any number, to another from example, every click it will sl...
[3 replies] Last: You may use from the standard library sleep_for: http://www.cplusplus... (by coder777)
C++ 17 Filesystem

I have typed g++ --version on may computer got following message: g++ (GCC) 8.0.0 20170430 (experimental) Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. ...
[11 replies] Last: Boost Filesystem tutorial has a number of examples. Though these examp... (by JLBorges)
file reading issues

Am trying to make a function that displays the last 10 lines of a file and I thought the way to do this is to read the file backwards using seekg and ios::beg b...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <deque> #include <fstr... (by JLBorges)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.