Beginners - May 2017 (Page 16)

C++ 17 Compiler

May I please know if a C++ 17 compiler available? If available, what is its name or link to download the compiler please?
[11 replies] Last: a lot of C++17's worth is in the standard library (parallel algorithms... (by Cubbi)
Storing last result in a calculator

Hi all, I am very new to C++. This question is relating to my Coursework, I am not seeking a full solution but a step in the right direction. I can not find...
[3 replies] Last: I have edited the code so the result variable is used. This worked, I... (by Jolene3007)
by Kiryu
Template class compile error

I have a template class called ElementContainer template <typename T> class ElementContainer { private: std::vector<T> m_elements; public: ...
[2 replies] Last: glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, data.size() * sizeof(T), data.data(), ... (by Kiryu)
Find the largest palindrome made from the product of two 3-digit numbers.

I am new to c++ and not getting the proper output for a question i found in project euler please help me find where i am going wrong. I am getting the answer as...
[1 reply] : Main mistakes: - you need to set rev=0 EACH time before you start buil... (by lastchance)
old c++ programme

hi. I did this in about 2001 and just found an old floppy disk and was wondering will it work on a new pc? thanks in advance
[4 replies] Last: will let you know. should be able to try it tomorrow. thanks (by steven1000)
by Azukay
Interactive Fiction

I am trying to make an IF text-based adventure. It takes place in a palace with multiple rooms which I can navigate through using NORTH/SOUTH/EAST/WEST. Does an...
[8 replies] Last: This is the beginning of my code. How would I do that using enum nouns... (by Azukay)
C++ compiling error?

Hello! I've come across an error while trying to test run my program. It(NetBeans) says Build Failed, but does not point out anything wrong with my program like...
[8 replies] Last: Have you tried running your program? Line 147: That line does nothin... (by AbstractionAnon)
Please help to fix my code

Hi , I wrote a code (with this website's help) for conversion pounds to kilograms and kilograms to pounds. The problem is that it converts pounds to kilograms ...
[7 replies] Last: its not only the pass by ref, its that pounds uses kilos which was jus... (by jonnin)
sams teach yourself c++ in an hour a day

I am brand new to any code. Reading Sam's teach yourself C++ I an hour a day. It only displays 51. What am I doing wrong? #include <iostream> using n...
[7 replies] Last: @bradrat12 You are welcome. It sounds as if you are at that initial s... (by lastchance)
having trouble understanding how to use parse

so i need to write a program that creates a struct and then opens a file reads it and stores all the data in an array of structs and then displays the data but ...
[2 replies] Last: OP: what does your input file look like? (by gunnerfunner)
by kiloga
output display incorrectly issue

the amount display were incorrect as equation "else tp=1029.98;" did not work #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <string> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! This is real helpful to me! (by kiloga)
How to use debug in CodeBlocks?

How can I learn to use Debug in Codeblocks? I need a tutorial or a website where I can learn the Debug using this program. Any advice would be appreciated. Tha...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you for your help. Sorry for the question, my Debug was not work... (by JorgeChemE)
by Hanif
outpot character problem.

#define CANDY_TYPE 5 #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; struct day{ float na...
[4 replies] Last: name_of_candy is an array of string objects. name_of_candy is on... (by Moschops)
Create a function to sort array elements in ascending format

Hi, Re subject wrote a code without a function and it compiles fine. Trying to implement a function but it cannot compile this time. Appreciate if one can poin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for pointing those out... Have made the modifications and no... (by Tavalya)
Can someone help me write this code a different, preferably shorter, way, but it does the same thing.

// Displays constructors and classes #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Rectangle // Class declaration { int width; int length; pu...
[5 replies] Last: That is about as simple as I can make it... 1) use a vector or array ... (by jonnin)
C++ cout Digit separator

Below given program outputs following pi value: PI Value 3.1415926535 Any clues for simple way to output decimal numbers using digit separator as shown below ...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you all for your inputs. Number of years back a scientist (theor... (by AlexCantor)
C++ Converting a Code to Classes and Objects

Hello, I'm still fairly new to programming and I've come leaps and bounds from where I was just a couple months ago. However, my Professor has been on leave a...
[3 replies] Last: Use a std::vector<example> to hold your n objects. http://en.cpprefe... (by mbozzi)
Can't get a class member function to display an array

I'm having something of an odd issue. I have a for loop within a class member function that does.not.display.anything. I try to get it to iterate through an a...
[2 replies] Last: And here's my main test driver file, Exception_test.cpp: #include "... (by mastakhan)
Compile Error Array/Void function

So I'm creating a program with an array that reads grades and averages them and displays them. I am having a compilation error "/buildSources/program_4.cpp:29: ...
[14 replies] Last: I gave it more tweaks this morning. It ran beautifully. I can't expres... (by celticqueenkira)
C++ exercise

We introduce n numbers. The 2 highest ones need to be shown. e.g.: n=4, numbers: 2, 10, 4, 8. the numbers displayed: 10, 8.
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int arr ; ... (by Goose6712)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.