Beginners - May 2017 (Page 14)

Function That Checks For Duplicates While Traversing Array & Prompts User To Enter New Input

Hey everyone, so I'm on the last bit of my project assignment and the professor requires us to create a function that traverses the array(s) and checks for dupl...
[13 replies] Last: I'm going to heed your advice and leave it as is :) thank you very muc... (by khovsepa)
cout difference

is any difference between that: cout << "text"; and that? std::cout << "another text"; I'm using the first one and idk what second is fo...
[2 replies] Last: thanks (by Lopus312)
by kinley
Global ifstream variable

Hi, Please consider this following piece of code. int main() { ifstream objfile("log.txt"); // for loop: process(); } void process(...
[3 replies] Last: Rather than passing it as parameter across all those functions, is it... (by jlb)
How can i get the function info_all() to work?

#include<iostream> #include<string> using namespace std; class Person{ private: string name; string last_name; double some_num; double some_num2; ...
[no replies]
Rainfall Review and Assistance

This is my program so far. I am having trouble getting the program to sort and display the array based on the rainfall data entered and the month which it was e...
[1 reply] : In your sort function you also need to swap the month names when you s... (by Thomas1965)
by Faggio
Problem with sort

I don't understand why this code doesn't work. Note that i have written the bool function in .h StudentBook class, order function in .cpp StudentBook class, i h...
[4 replies] Last: i have solved the problem good, but just so you know your cmd() func... (by gunnerfunner)
by Faggio
stringstream format

Hi, i have a problem with this code. I want to return the string temp in a tabular way, so i think to use setw and left. Something's wrong because maybe strings...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you a lot!! (by Faggio)
Error using fprintf to save on a .txt file.

Argument of type "cons char*" is not compatible with parameter of type "FILE*" error on fprintf("ERROR here"...), and argument of type "int" is not compatible w...
[3 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad I could help. (by MikeyBoy)
by Viston
Taking all Integers from text file and add them

So, I've made a program where a user books a ticket. This ticket has a price/cost. Everytime a user creates a ticket, I add the cost of the price into a .txt fi...
[1 reply] : some buyers may purchase more than 1 ticket and some buyers may purcha... (by gunnerfunner)
C++

hey, i need help with creating a program that can loop the amount you input into numbers like 1-10
[3 replies] Last: now, who'd report a post like this? http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/be... (by gunnerfunner)
How do you display a selection sort?

I've been trying to display a selection sort array, but it never shows up. I'm trying to set an another array in ascending order. Here's what I' have: void ...
[13 replies] Last: You need to create another new array which keeps track of the order of... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
i NEED HELP WITH MY PROGRAM

Ur he he d
[1 reply] : there are instructions throughout your assignment, which one(s) don't ... (by gunnerfunner)
Programming a complex calculator

What knowledge do I need for programming a complex calculator? Like I've already programed one with +,-,*,/ but now I want to add sqrt and such things... I don...
[3 replies] Last: > Like I've already programed one with +,-,*,/ but now I want to add s... (by JLBorges)
by GISMO7
Constructors/ Vector of objects

Hello there, I am relatively new to programming. I am working on a program for my intro to cs class, but I am having trouble with it. My program is supposed to...
[3 replies] Last: I caught the mistake when i made when defining the constructor later. ... (by GISMO7)
Should I store the returned iterator when removing from a vector?

I know there's a remove-erase idiom to remove all occurrences of a value in a vector, but I'm using this option instead: (let's say this is a vector of type in...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your explanation :) (by anarelle)
python ide

Im taking a course in Python programming this summer; would like to ask if Windows is better than Eclipse for development; please tell me if there is another e...
[1 reply] : This is a C++ related forum. https://python-forum.io (by Kiryu)
average mins and secs separately

So i have this program and i can't think of how is it possible to count average and then write minutes and seconds separately. the numbers go like this and i ha...
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys, doing it with % worked, would't have thought about it. (by krossas)
by xxvms
circular queue

Hi there :) I am working on circular array, but I don't think I understand it fully (yet) I have created this code but I don't think it is working as it sho...
[2 replies] Last: Hi @ne555 thank you for that!!! I am sorry about late reply I was in ... (by xxvms)
Can You tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

I am to implement a Binary search class for assignment but I am bumping into so many errors that I don't even know how to fix it. I am searching on the net for ...
[4 replies] Last: @ AbstractionAnon thanks. (by The wizard91)
by Fojaxx
using a variable to refrence a variable inside an array

so im making a game of battleships as a refresher to get back into c++. i made a post the other day about array issues, and thats now fixed thanks to your guys ...
[3 replies] Last: Since this about fun and just learning things, perhaps you'd like to... (by Fojaxx)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.