Beginners - May 2017 (Page 12)

Help Please

Someone please explain what I have to do here. It's part of a test review and this is something the professor never went over. I'm having a lot of trouble tryin...
[4 replies] Last: Unfortunately converting to double is more complicated because of the ... (by Thomas1965)
Logical Error

I'm writing a program where the user inputs the coordinates for 3 vertices of a triangle. Then I determine if it is a right triangle or not. Here is a snippet o...
[6 replies] Last: No worries, pleased to help Regards :+) (by TheIdeasMan)
by kennah
solving for the value of arithmetic sequences

These questions are on my practice exam, which we just have to evaluate. If someone could break down the modulo % and how that works that would be great! The gi...
[2 replies] Last: This particular question illustrates precedence, associativity and 'us... (by JLBorges)
showing grades of student by using switch statement?

how to display grades of student and dislayas shown below in C++ grade Result A+ Excelent A Good B Satisfactord C Pass
[1 reply] : Switch statements evaluate const expressions and as a range of results... (by gunnerfunner)
New to arrays...

Hi all, I'm taking an intro to c++ class and our assignment is to type up this example (https://books.google.com/books?id=et8hDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA610&lpg=PA610&dq=cha...
[5 replies] Last: Ah! I've got it. You're right wildblue, I needed that chunk of code fr... (by firefoxfuzz)
Help Needed!!!

I'm stuck on this code for a while now, I have no clue on what to do next, can anyone help me with this? I think I need some function definitions but where? ...
[1 reply] : It's missing definitions for some of the functions declared under Publ... (by wildblue)
by xxvms
Constructors

Hi there Constructors in such a format matrix(int employee_, std::string name_, std::string surname_, double rate_) : employee(employee_), name(name_),...
[4 replies] Last: thanks Cubbi :) (by xxvms)
by xxvms
assignment - not clear

Hi there, I have an assignment from my tutor and I am not sure I understand it correctly :( I need some help with clarification (maybe more experienced people ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Jonnin thanks for that, I do appreciate :) I have noticed as well... (by xxvms)
finding average of three numbers

we have been asked this question " Write a program in C++ display the sum of 3 numbers. The code should also calculate and display the average of the 3 numbers...
[4 replies] Last: thanks a lot for your comment (by elabass)
by amal97
I need urgent help please :(

I'm asked to write a program of a game that consists in identifying the right sequence of a random number previously defined by the computer ... I tried this c...
[1 reply] : Your loop goes out of bounds that's why it doesn't work well. I think ... (by benhart)
Nested IF ELSE troubles.

Need help getting my nested IF ELSE statement working, it works for the most part but I cannot get it to work completely, or maybe I am writing it completely wr...
[5 replies] Last: I'm glad that you got the program to work. However you should also st... (by jlb)
conversion

I worked on a conversion that converts dollars to Euros and I had no idea how to get it to compile, I had all sorts of issues. Can someone look at my code and t...
[4 replies] Last: thank you so much, I'm pretty new at this and got my syntax all jacked... (by alextexasfan12)
Can someone help me organize this code?

Project help #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; /*Input: You will input from a file a number (double) Ou...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, mary9734, you have copied&pasted a lot of good code, but... are yo... (by Enoizat)
Re: pointing un-ascended array elements to an ascended array element

Hi, I created a function that reads elements of an array and arrange them in ascending format. Now I need to somewhat tag their ID to the element wherever their...
[8 replies] Last: That would be the answer if the IDs are like their value. Eg ID 2 = 9... (by dhayden)
by aioy
Are header files usually made with classes? c++

I've been struggling with making a simple header file for 2 weeks now, but I finally made one today. I'm learning c++ from this site http://www.learncpp.com/cpp...
[4 replies] Last: I don't see any header file included into it. Oh? What then was this... (by keskiverto)
by Chamat
Object values being reset

I'm working with two classes and I find that everytime I call an object, their values are being reset to their initial values. For my code below, if I call o...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. And the advice is appreciated, thank you! (by Chamat)
Understanding structs

Just trying to grasp my head around structs and storing information. Would this be an effective way to store information utilizing a struct? #include <iost...
[3 replies] Last: Ideally do not write a constructor for a struct like person in its pre... (by JLBorges)
Which Sieve of Eratosthenes is Better?

I was implementing a Sieve of Eratosthenes for Project Euler, and I initially made the following: std::vector<int> primes_upto(int limit) { std::vector<b...
[9 replies] Last: > when I enter a number that is a prime for the parameter of the funct... (by JLBorges)
C++ game botting

Hey guys, I've made a farm bot in c++ to do a task repeatedly on a game. It basically moves the mouse and clicks at certain places. I was wondering is the...
[1 reply] : It depends heavily on the game but generally it can be done. You need... (by jonnin)
stack passing data to a pointer array help

Hey guys so i'm trying to make a mini game for my coursework. I'm trying to create a "bag"(an array) to store the "loot" items a player selects during players ...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry, @Chronic Arrow, haven't been around for a while. I'm sure you h... (by Enoizat)
May 2017 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 24
  Archived months: [apr2017] [jun2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.