Beginners - May 2016 (Page 7)

by coll97
Separating strings

I have a string like: phrase ({hello} & {good}) The string is called comando and the words inside the brackets can be anything. How can I get the words insi...
[1 reply] : Regular expressions: http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/regex #include... (by JLBorges)
every operation in separate funtion(note: input from file)

i am trying to do every operation in a separate funtion. in this code input, sum and output. but something i'm doing wrong i don't know. so please guide. #in...
[3 replies] Last: thanx you all. :) (by Talha Bin Adam)
Why does it output 2 times the results?

Why does it output 2 times the results. Where do i make a mistake? #include <stdio.h> int main(void) { int i, u = 0, x = 0, array ; printf("Enter ...
[1 reply] : Because if array == array then you'll print the message twice, once ... (by dhayden)
by crepe6
Inverse of the permutation string

I need to get the inverse of the permutation string. I was able to get the returned letter D from the string ***B* but I'm not sure how to put it back into ...
[no replies]
by Reiv63
Reading - File Handling

Please help, when i save the file, it succesfully saved what i wanted, but when opening/reading it in the compiler, it gives weird symbol to the st .name and ...
[1 reply] : What is the value of itemcount? Is your "write" function supposed to w... (by jlb)
HELP ME WITH DISTINCT VALUES

Hello! Help me with this one! My professor wants me to create a program that allows user to enter 5 distinct ages of family members and display the youngest and...
[1 reply] : take a look here --> http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/algorithm/uniq... (by DirtyDan)
Balancing

Task: Balancing There are some number (C) of containers each of which can contain 0, 1, or 2 stones. You are to write a program which assigns all stones ...
[no replies]
When I run a compiled program with more than one commandline argument, the program returns nothing

When I run anything with just one argument, like ./a -a, or ./a asdfsa, the program runs normally. But when I do anything with more than one argument, like ./a...
[5 replies] Last: > There is more to my code, but I can't see any reason why it would af... (by JLBorges)
by Marth
Question about pointers and references

in the pointers tutorial on this site, pointers are shown being linked to references; in alot of more advanced code, references (&someVar) are rarely used, w...
[4 replies] Last: > why all this subterfuge when referring to a value? why is it necessa... (by JLBorges)
std::regex_replace specify replace sequence?

I'm just learned the basics of Regular Expressions a few days ago, so please forgive me if I make some obvious mistakes. I want regex_replace to match the wh...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by Tyler T)
Compression using cabinet.dll library ?

Can i Compress file zip file using cabinet.dll libraries APIes (Compressors API) ? And is it internal DLL in Microsoft windows OS ? Thanks
[1 reply] : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff797921(v=vs.85).aspx i've ... (by Marth)
Perfect number calculator, how to increase speed

Hello everyone, i have a program which calculates and finds perfect numbers. I want to make it faster but i can't seem to find a way. I've modified it a bit ...
[4 replies] Last: By the way, the reason your program is so slow is that it does two thi... (by Duthomhas)
by sengab
updating struct size while keeping old data

Hey guys, I have a problem and I would like to know how to solve it. I am having a struct where the struct takes 4 inputs. 3 of these inputs are arrays of size...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks very much (by sengab)
by Reiv63
Help with unrecognized input

This is a function call for my Wheel of Fortune game. And I'm getting a hard time pinpointing where did i go wrong, When i Run the program after: Line 50 -- ...
[3 replies] Last: thank you for the heads up, i'll try another method and remove getlin... (by jlb)
by evy
need help with my compiler issue

Write your question here. enum Suit { clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades }; const int jack = 11; //from 2 to 10 are const int queen = 12; //integers with...
[2 replies] Last: tnx alot ! finnaly discover this issue (by evy)
what is the difference between the output of online ide and output of eclipse and visual studio ?

I am new on c++, Please see this screen shot for what I get from ideone.com http://s33.postimg.org/58bxsow8v/ideone.png you can see the output is a rando...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you guys that was very helpful.. (by Mikenuaimi)
reversing a string method

Hi people I've been studying all day trying to find a way to reverse a string and I've found one the question is pretty much why does this code actually work? ...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int mai... (by Thomas1965)
How to Input data directly into the table?

Hi There! I am dealing with two dimensional arrays. I am trying to make a table for Number of seats won By different parties in different provinces. But the i...
[1 reply] : What makes you think it's not happening correctly? Your cin statement... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need help with making a function, not sure why it won't work

I am supposed to make a function that does the following: If a1 has n1 elements in nondecreasing order, and a2 has n2 elements in nondecreasing order, pla...
[5 replies] Last: @Tyler The usual comparison operators (non-member) are all available f... (by tipaye)
trying to reverse a string

hi guys I'm trying to reverse a string but I get an error using the reverse function #include <iostream> #include <string> #include<algorithm> using namespac...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Moschops,I normally would give the compiler error message but t... (by adam2016)
May 2016 Pages: 1... 56789... 36
  Archived months: [apr2016] [jun2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.