Beginners - May 2016 (Page 32)

by Hil
Need some guidence

Ok so I am in need of some help i have this part of my code i am working to try to get it to where my array will take in a negative value to stop the loop. also...
[3 replies] Last: is there a way to make it so that my user can enter in any amount of ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by elle88
Instant Messenger Chat (the message portion)

I am working on an instant messenger chat (like facebook chat or AOL instant messenger), and am struggling with what my code will need in order to work with the...
[1 reply] : You may need to take a step back and read a basic tutorial about socke... (by kevinkjt2000)
Adding 90 Days to a Date

So I have a program that is supposed to have a user input a date, calculate tomorrow's date, yesterday's date and a day 90 days from then. I have it all down an...
[16 replies] Last: Can I use my start_date object in Employee.cpp? I just don't underst... (by hookster007)
Internal error in compiler

Hello, I have this error: fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. I compiled it few times and still remains. I don't know ho...
[4 replies] Last: @Edward01 Well it shouldn't be. Although people mistakenly write them... (by tipaye)
String with two words

I am trying to get a string with two words 'Jesus Christ within an array. I know im meant to use Char but dont know how with the classes. Help class Bible ...
[6 replies] Last: @fun2code Thanks for pointing that out, it usually catches people out.... (by tipaye)
Reversing user input string with char array

Following is a code in which I am trying to reverse user input string using pointer to char. I know there are better ways to write than using this program, but ...
[7 replies] Last: @OP Arrays and pointers are not the same. An array's name is automati... (by tipaye)
Extracting numbers from a string and performing calculations

I am writing a program which simulates a point of sale software. My program has to search for a barcode in a file and than output the chosen products and calcul...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, it works! Thanks a lot! (by techummer)
by theox
Local file

How to modify this code to read the grades from a local file called "mygrades.txt" #include #include using namespace std; class Grade{ public: ...
[1 reply] : Check ifsream/ofstream libraries they responsible for reading and writ... (by Edward01)
Store contents of text file in map container and printing the contents of map

Hi everyone I am trying to store the elements of text file in map container. The elements of text file are not fixed number. I write this code to do this task...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply I did not notice that. The code is working corre... (by ajlahmed)
Storing the result

Dear everyone, I have an assignment to count the number of students who scored 'x' marks in GQ quiz, which I believe I have solved, and store the result in the ...
[2 replies] Last: It is because I was asked by the question to do so. Thank you. (by aurimas13)
by aff
Recursive function problem

Hi all, I am writing a code that will print all odd indices of a string in original order, and then all even indices of a string in reverse order. abcdef wo...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks for your comments!!! Especially that one about not using cout <... (by aff)
by Parthi
Write a program to read a list of nonnegative integers

Write a program to read a list of nonnegative integers and to display the largest, the smallest integer and average of all the integers the user indicates the e...
[2 replies] Last: In a PM received this morning... [quote=Parthi]f**k u Good luck with... (by MrHutch)
String not displayed using cout

I am using CodeBlocks to run this simple code but when I run it the output window generates an error (aaa.exe has stopped working). aaa is the file name. What ...
[5 replies] Last: I am using Borland 5.5 + sp1,sp2. Is there any problem in it? (by ahsannaeem)
function to get number of times string is inputed in lop

Trying to create a function that prints slips for buyers for the amount of icecream bought during the week #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <io...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks it worked (by silent one)
rand() Function

I'm working on an assignment for a beginner C++ course. We are creating a program to play "Plinko." Part of the program requires generating a random number be...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cstdlib> #include <ct... (by JLBorges)
Help with goto statement

So I made this simple little game, but i want it to restart if you get it wrong so you can keep trying to guess the other 99 numbers and not rage quit too hard ...
[5 replies] Last: @ JLBorges Yep, I have been busted again :+) Dislike is much too st... (by TheIdeasMan)
Visual Studio errors

Final Exam time: This is due Saturday night !! I'm just a beginner, I compiled code in CodeBlocks with no errors, I need to run this code in Visual Studio T...
[14 replies] Last: [quote=JLBorges]The default warning level in Visual Studio issues more... (by TheIdeasMan)
Exception thrown: read access violation (1,2)

So, I'm having a hell of a time with this final assignment for my c++ class. Basically I am to make an InventoryClass and a derived InventoryCostClass. Then in ...
[23 replies] Last: Without seeing how the information was read it is hard to tell what is... (by jlb)
Generating Random Numbers

Okay so, i'm trying to generate 3 random numbers within the range of 2 and 7, and then have them displayed as separate values, but have no idea how to do it. I ...
[3 replies] Last: Wow thank you so much! Do you by chance know how to make 3 winning con... (by Alredia)
Compiler Error for Class

Hello wonderful people, I have written this code as per the instructions and I understand what I am doing (the code for the use of the class will be provided by...
[8 replies] Last: You're welcome. (by jgg2002)
May 2016 Pages: 1... 3031323334... 36
  Archived months: [apr2016] [jun2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.