Beginners - May 2016 (Page 29)

cout repeats last stored line of file

I'm working on a group project wherein we do some beginner-level data mining on an XML file. We are to read the timestamp and voltage data values from each Volt...
[2 replies] Last: AbstractionAnon: Hmm, and I thought I'd "done my due diligence", ... (by moonman239)
by kslo
Comparing

Hello, Just a quick question. I want to get dates saved in a binary file and compare them with date entered by user ( array of strings ), and display it to the ...
[no replies]
MonthlyPayment not changing in Array of Structures

Hello I am about done with this challenge but the cost is not changing when I'm trying to display all of the array. Here is my challenge to sum up the problem. ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok I figured it out thanks! :) I was saying I wasn't allowed in the as... (by Brittney87)
Histogram help

Can Someone help me with a histogram that gets its values from an array in an input file. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> us...
[3 replies] Last: In other words, for the first line, * the m is 0 initially * 0 < array... (by keskiverto)
ERROR ELSE

Upon asking recommendee, the R works and N works. But I want to add an else so that pressing buttons other than R/r & N/n will say wrong input code. But it tell...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. I just added {} so that the else im talking abou... (by MikeyBoy)
Undefined Reference error

I have been staring at my makefile and my #includes for hours and I cannot figure out why this program has a linker error It must be a very silly mistake, any ...
[5 replies] Last: You're welcome - glad it worked! (by MikeyBoy)
by kslo
Problem with binary

Hi Guys, I'm in my 2nd year of college and got a task of our lecturer to write a program that will read in readings from a weather station and store them to a b...
[no replies]
'+=' is not working on my vector

Hi guys, Hoping someone can help I am writing a poker game and at the moment im just simply try to add the amount of pairs, two pairs, three of a kind etc. I ...
[2 replies] Last: DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IVE BEEN SCRATCHIN MY HEAD LOL.. .Thank... (by closed account SETp4iN6)
by PattuX
ostream as argument & overloading an operator

First of all, sorry for putting 2 questions in one topic, but I feel like they belong together in this case. I implemented a basic tree structure. It has a pr...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, works perfectly fine. :) (by PattuX)
PROJECT IDEAS

I have just completed two pretty simple games in C++. I want to make a simple chat room but I don't know where to start. Any suggestions on where I should begin...
[1 reply] : This thread may help: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/190294/#... (by AbstractionAnon)
write a line at the top of a reversed data file with C++

Dears, I have written the following code to reverse a data file with deleting 15 lines from the top and the bottom. My question is: after reversing, how to writ...
[2 replies] Last: after reversing, how to write a certain line at the top of the revers... (by Chervil)
CPP Phonebook

Write your question here: I have a project in my computer science class where i need to create a simple phonebook in C++. I've been trying for a while but I'm s...
[2 replies] Last: Sounds easy. Have you learnt struct or class? Create one named Contact... (by ephraimr)
by leenzz
fuction parameter passing error

why the value is not passing between function what is wrong with this code. #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct rational { int numerator; ...
[1 reply] : void reduce(struct rational *r1, struct rational *or1) Your function... (by Thomas1965)
String as char array case conversion.

How do I write this code to where the program exits even if stop is written in all caps? This is an exercise where I have to correct the code. Perhaps I coudl u...
[1 reply] : isupper/toupper only works on one char at a time so you will have to g... (by Peter87)
Issue with converting doubles to strings

For my code we are looking at making a program that can convert a dollar and cents amount given in numerical form to a word description of the amount. I can ge...
[5 replies] Last: Anybody got any tips? I'm going with the second algorithm but the iss... (by MichaelWilleTheFirst)
Heap with multiple elements.

I'm trying to find a way to make_heap a vector of a struct. And the "key" that I want it to sort with is the price. #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #i...
[5 replies] Last: Actually, it's if(a.price == b.price) return a.bidID > b.bidID; ... (by tomtran3110)
by dean
Template specialization

I'm trying to provide a specialization of std::begin & std::end for my custom class. I am still unable to find what's the proper syntax: #include <iterato...
[5 replies] Last: > From a language perspective it looks to me as a draconian limitation... (by JLBorges)
Beginner need help

This is a work in progress for an assignment. I am doing it step by step and I am kind of stuck at this point. If I comment out any RecordDeposit RecordWit...
[1 reply] : Error C2039 'Account': is not a member of 'Transaction' Customer acti... (by borabora)
Vectors and Populating

I really don't know what to do and I need help with my homework if anybody could help. The homework says I need to design 2 classes, a class called student tha...
[3 replies] Last: Why the pointers in your vectors? Where are you allocating memory fo... (by jlb)
Function for opening a file for user input

Hello everyone. I got a new challenge and I don't even know where to start. I got to go do something else for the rest of the day but I can seriously use some h...
[6 replies] Last: You can declare the variables in main(), then for the first function p... (by jlb)
May 2016 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 36
  Archived months: [apr2016] [jun2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.