Beginners - March 2019 (Page 6)

Why is my string array not getting input from the txt file?

Why is my string array not getting input from the txt file and why are the next cars not getting input either? The only things I get data put into are all the v...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=jlb]You will need to first insert this value into a string vari... (by dutch)
by Eulogy
Getting information from the screen

I am trying to write a program that locates a particular set of text boxes in another program, and changes the contents. I am a beginner, and I can't find for ...
[7 replies] Last: I appreciate your insight. I certainly may try to finagle AutoIt or E... (by Eulogy)
C++ source code where can I find it?

Let's say for a library like algorithm I want to see what the swap member function is doing. and also how do I call this, like what name does this go by? S...
[1 reply] : An implementation of C++ standard library is generally provided with y... (by Repeater)
by birb
Linked list subsets

Hello everyone, I wrote a function to check if one linked list is a subset of the other one, but I'm new to oop and using list, so I'm pretty unsure about my co...
[4 replies] Last: I also had to swap the lengths, but suddenly it looks much better, tha... (by birb)
Tic-Tac-Toe Game

This is not a question, but my solution to the problem. I see there are eight possible solutions that must be tested. This means, during each round all eig...
[2 replies] Last: Hey !! I love that idea ... I'm gonna use that too ... Thanks a Bunch... (by rhamm5798)
Having trouble getting making a mutator return a boolean value

I have a mutator function that check my private vector to see if there is already an object like it, in it. I want it to return a boolean of 'true' or 'false'....
[6 replies] Last: @JLBorges That was it! It worked! Thank you so much! This was the onl... (by PigeonGiraffe)
Mobile message composer

You have to write a program that works in the same fashion as a message composer in the mobiles. Write a program that compose message in the same fashion as usi...
[4 replies] Last: You have to write a program that works Kind of an order? First Se... (by MikeStgt)
How to create a text file with filename based on user in C++ language?

How can I create a program that creates a text file based on user? Thanks for the answers.
[2 replies] Last: At unixoid systems line 10 should be: string user = getenv( "USER" );... (by nuderobmonkey)
by baj6
Model for exponent function

Having difficulties getting values for negative exponents. Keep getting 0. Any help would be appreciated.* side note: I know I can just use pow function w/ cmat...
[6 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <cmath> using namespa... (by lastchance)
Capitalization

Can I randomize it to include numbers, special symbols and capitalization? And to start with every one digit and progress through every possible combination up ...
[4 replies] Last: You are looking at implementing a simple adder . For example, given ... (by Duthomhas)
by Vetzo
Reference

Hello Forum, I can do the following: MyClass & objMyClass = MyFunction(); // MyClass & MyFunction(); Is there anyway to declare objMyClass and later use ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, makes sense. Thank you all. (by Vetzo)
Matrix?

How can I have an output of the number of times the calculation has gone through? #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <time.h> using nam...
[1 reply] : Hello porkshop, After your else statement put std::cout << "\n The n... (by Handy Andy)
vectors

Hello triying to simplify my code I obtain a lot of mistakes for example I don't know how I must prototype the funtion combinacion that brings two vectors... ...
[4 replies] Last: thanks Andy, it works (by psosmol)
Not close consol

How can I make the program run over again without closing the console? And also, can I make it output "invalid syntax" if it is not an integer? #include <i...
[7 replies] Last: if ( (a > 0) && (b>0) && (c>0) ) (by Repeater)
Issue with low value, parallel arrays

This is a lab for intro to C++. The last line of code (Line 55) throws an exception. I cannot find my mistake here and my assumption is that it would work sim...
[8 replies] Last: Andy and Peter, Everything seems to be working well now. Part of th... (by mcnhscc39)
How can I modify this to do what I want it to do? Using pointers.

// Write a function that take an int and a pointer to an int and // returns the larger of the int value of the value to which the // pointer points. What ty...
[4 replies] Last: Ahh okay I understand what I was missing and was doing wrong. Thank yo... (by CodingIsHard17)
Constant pointers used in real life

Dear C++ Community I am trying to understand pointers better and have come across a question: Q: When can we use a constant pointer? Give an example with ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. Much appreciated. (by NovaPrimeveera)
Spotting mistakes in functions?

I’m able to see when a bracket or something is misplaced but sometimes I’m unable to spot the bright eyed mistakes. So for the following .. is it valid or i...
[2 replies] Last: Okay. Thank you. (by CodingIsHard17)
2D vector

Hello I have a problem I think with the definition of a two dimention vector the code is the following: thanks #include <iostream> #include <string> #i...
[10 replies] Last: I think you are right (by psosmol)
little error

Hello, it must be a nonsense but i can not see it I hace two files Proincipal.cpp with the main and other Individuo which code is: #include <iostream> #in...
[1 reply] : You’ve opened five threads which, in my opinion, are all but clear. ... (by Enoizat)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 45678... 25
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.