Beginners - March 2019 (Page 13)

How to quicken a table look up? (1,2)

As I am a beginner I ask in the beginners forum. But the question might be something for experts. The only reason (up to now) why I am engaged in C++ is to mod...
[34 replies] Last: Just installed VS2015. Now I may play with unordered map . In case th... (by MikeStgt)
Please, help me out explaining the code

I know it might be too easy for some of you but I came across this simple code and I don't know why the answer is that. Would you please explain where I am mist...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, that's clear now! It was really tricky and I didn't know that ... (by freenba2002)
How to hide the input? (Mark input with *)

string Password; cout << "Type in your password: " << endl; getline(cin, Password); How can i mark the Password in the console with * ? (P...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/E6vU7k9E/ (by Repeater)
by Vetzo
Code in fucntion that is awlays executed.

Hello Forum, Is it possible to have code in a function that always will be executed? To close a stream or call delete ? Similar like a deconstructor of a cla...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, clear. Thanks. (by Vetzo)
by alger4
Having problem finding the sum of array

After a grueling of 3 hours of brain raking well i give up, clearly I'm still stuck on how can i sum everything that was input in the array bill. #include <i...
[3 replies] Last: ok i updated the code and now it works! thx for helping salem c (by alger4)
Need help with a DNA to mRNA transcription code.

I have a project where i have to read a DNA sequence from a file and print to the console its mRNA counterpart. Here is the question: Your task is to write a p...
[2 replies] Last: GNU coreutils has command 'tr'. If you call it: tr AUCGaucg TAGCTAGC ... (by keskiverto)
Edit a file

I have a .txt file like this No Student ID Last name First name Gender DoB 1 18127221 Nguyen Van Tuan Male 4/11/2000 2 18127222 Tran Van A Fe...
[4 replies] Last: Can I put both reading the file and editing it into a function? void... (by thinhphucvang)
What version/syntax is this piece of C code?

I was doing some research on some closed source codecs and was given this code. That P3() seems not ANSI-C. What version is that from? Thank you! [c...
[8 replies] Last: I see. If it's an old version/style in C then i see no need to dig at ... (by user68627)
C++ poll aggregation

Hey everybody. I had to define a function for my programming class that would aggregate political polls. My source code is posted below and the logic all seems ...
[5 replies] Last: > So, is it possible I've included something in the main function that... (by salem c)
Excluding certain characters

Hello! I would like to know if there's a way to exclude any characters (eg letters, symbols) so a user can only enter number in this case because they are suppo...
[9 replies] Last: @nickname687 Typing in say 123abc would result in a successful sscan... (by salem c)
confused on refs and pointers

I must be confused because references cant be bound to literals but I ran code from C++ primer 5th edition and it seems to me last line is assigning R2 referenc...
[5 replies] Last: Ok, thank you all, JLBorges showed me the light, for some reason I was... (by Mrdouble)
Code keeps returning nan

Write your question here. I was assigned to create a cose function by hand and must also go to the 50th term. For some reason anytime I increase the amount ter...
[5 replies] Last: there are a lot of things you 'can' do about the problem including 'in... (by jonnin)
PlaySound function help to stop music

Hey, i use the PlaySound function with the mmsystem.h include but i have 1 question. I know how to play a sound for example: PlaySound(TEXT("close.wav"...
[2 replies] Last: PlaySound(NULL, NULL, SND_ASYNC); You should have read the manual p... (by mbozzi)
library borrowing system

can anyone help me to make a program which is library borrowing system it is only a borrowing system that will input the name of the student, Id number, name of...
[3 replies] Last: thats the code i try to make (by gempa123)
by Majeek
char == char?

std::vector <std::string> AskPlayer1(std::vector <std::string> &Vector, const char* Player1) { std::string Answer; while (true) { std::cout << " "; ...
[5 replies] Last: you will want to watch assignment. Its one place where a lot of junk ... (by jonnin)
Using an enum for flash card game

I am trying to write this program but i am struggling tremendously. I am not very good at c++ and i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. He...
[2 replies] Last: This is what I have so far if anyone wants to help. The program compli... (by mxracer321)
by Petsi
My 'else' command isn't working

Could you please help me repair this else command? It just turns my command prompt off. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char rit; str...
[2 replies] Last: #1: PLEASE learn to use code tags, it makes reading your code MUCH eas... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by vysero
Understanding namespace and include.

I think I can best explain my confusion by walking you through the code that confused me: m_bpaVerInfo = makeVersionString(TJM::bpa().firmwareVersion(), ...
[6 replies] Last: It seems I was confused about a few things. I wasn't aware that I woul... (by vysero)
Console keeps shutting down

Write your question here. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; void dictionary_read(i...
[2 replies] Last: THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE! Because of you I found my error! Thank y... (by advancedip)
GINAC

I'm using ginac (is not algebra compumputer) in ubuntu I've installed ginac-tools and libginac-dev I would like throw a syntax error using a bad formula ( w...
[1 reply] : You're assuming that an int is being thrown. Assuming a standard ex... (by AbstractionAnon)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 25
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.