Beginners - March 2019 (Page 10)

by Brix
How to convert a char array to float?

Hi, I have a problem I struggle with since hours. Maybe you could help me with that. I have a char array with 4 bytes filled by another function. All fo...
[11 replies] Last: Thank you very much!!! This works really nice :-) (by Brix)
Roman numerals to integer using string (menuoptions)

Hello, im trying to create a menu where there should be different options, for example converting roman to normal numbers. Im not very good at programming so I ...
[8 replies] Last: cpp.sh has sandbox issues. It is not reliable. In your code, choose e... (by Duthomhas)
cpp.sh jeopardized by cin?

Something for the experts: the program http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/251201/#msg1106246 running under http://www.cpp.sh/ never ends line 68 cin >> s;...
[no replies]
struct with an object that doesn't have default constructor

So I have a struct and inside the struct, I create an object of a class that doesn't have a default constructor. Part of the code I was given by my professor (...
[1 reply] : The compiler will create constructors for you, unless you write on... (by Duthomhas)
warning LINK4217: locally defined symbol

I need this project to compile without warnings but I have no idea what this warning is: main-865b33.o : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol __std_t...
[4 replies] Last: Clang can be used with Visual Studio. https://devblogs.microsoft.com/... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
anyone can help me with this?

here is the problem. (im sorry guys i don't know anything about programming lol) Objectives to compile and run a program contating repetition structures. ...
[6 replies] Last: i think you're from Manila right? I just saw your nickname on facebook... (by MikeMike)
Adjust an objects value within a class?

Bear with me here, i have been struggling to grasp the concept of classes and pointers, I understand what they do but writing it out has been tough for me... (I...
[5 replies] Last: JLBorges is one of the real experts here for writing good code. My kn... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Abstract Class

This is probably a Quick Question I am working on a Tic-Tac-Toe Game, for my players I want to assign certain values; such as, the Symbol. I am using an Ab...
[8 replies] Last: This is probably a Quick Question Quick question, with lots and lots... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Determining number of evens, odds, and zeros in file

I've been working on this for so long now and this is where I'm at. It is required to include void openFile() void closeFile() int readFile() void dete...
[2 replies] Last: Hello tyronejs, Being a duplicate thread I would think that you would... (by Handy Andy)
Making computer smarter

I was doing pretty fun exercise but I came across a problem when a task asked me to make computer guess in 7 or fewer times my number. I believe I need to add s...
[4 replies] Last: If you are going to use the C library for random numbers as the comput... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
losing my mind with switch statements

I'm writing a program in class. You're supposed to write a program that prints out pet insurance fee Write a program that prints the insurance fee to pay for...
[10 replies] Last: ok, you have put in a solid try and this is subtle... until you have s... (by jonnin)
plz help me in this assignment

Math Problem Generator Your job will be to write a program to teach math to school children. Your program will accomplish this by showing sets of math problems...
[2 replies] Last: I believe threading would avoid needing an OS specific I/O toy for the... (by jonnin)
Help with my c++ assignment (1,2)

With introductory homeworks you will not likely have problems with plagarism. But I am glad to see you are interested in learning more than copying. Each of th...
[28 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cctype> #include <ra... (by lastchance)
by shale
binary '=': no operator found which takes a right-hand operand of type 'Vector'

someone explain please what is the problem #include"pch.h" #include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string> using namesp...
[2 replies] Last: After that you should look at the rule of three/five/zero : https://e... (by keskiverto)
takes a string str as input and prints out the the lower-case letters in str in reversed order.

Having difficulty with recursion. Reversing a string and only printing the lower case letters. Hi all, I'm really struggling with recursion and can't figure ou...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cctype> using namespace std; void reve... (by lastchance)
Help using parallel arrays

The code that i have so far was used for the first part of my assignment. Now for the second part I have to not only prompt the user for one question from a .tx...
[4 replies] Last: We have not learned about vectors yet at all so I am going to assume C... (by mxracer321)
map

Write your question here. Cant solve this problem: string s: s=cellToSymbol[Cell::closed]; gives: error C2678: binary '[': no operator found whic...
[4 replies] Last: The first documented computer bug was a real bug. A moth. Found by G... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by styxx
C++ assignment for string comparison

Hello, I am brand new to programing and I been having a hard time with c++, so i would love some help, since I really want to learn how to program in this langu...
[1 reply] : I’m afraid this post is closed: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/gener... (by Enoizat)
by bteddy
Lots of errors and warnings but no output file to debug

Hello, I am trying to compile source: [C:\MinGW\bin\c++.exe -g C:\Users\Fadiya\Desktop\G++\cc-rnn.cpp] and [C:\MinGW\bin\g++.exe -g C:\Users\Fadiya\Desktop...
[1 reply] : const char* file defines an array of 15 pointers to const char. Yo... (by Peter87)
Doubly linked list crashing after trying to print from end

It crashes after choosing option 3. #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct node{ int data; struct node *next; struct node...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, I will try. Would it be hard to remove global variables later? I... (by HeavyDrugs)
March 2019 Pages: 1... 89101112... 25
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.