Beginners - March 2013 (Page 74)

i'm puzzled with this statement

Hi friends, Please tell me why the following statements are legal in C. (At least, turbo c++ doesn't give an error!). int x,y; x = 2,3,4; y = (2,3,4)...
[3 replies] Last: Ahh, I found a good reference on WHY: http://en.cppreference.com/w/c... (by Stewbond)
Need help with a program

[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/articles/jLzyhbRD/ (by Stewbond)
Volume part of calculator not working

Right now I am programming a calculator, and I am on to geometry. I have the user able to choose if they want area or volume. If the user chooses area, everythi...
[4 replies] Last: Figured it out! The rectangular prism was broken because a string can ... (by ostrichparty101)
Writing a class but having trouble

So the problem is the value of m in the magnitude function. The value is not transferring out to be used at any of the argument function. #include <cma...
[3 replies] Last: It sure does! Private is great if you are doing internal calculations... (by Stewbond)
strange rounding problems...

hello i have this simple code but it doesn't seem to work. i input 523.21563 but in the end it looks like the program has 523.21563720703125 stored which is obi...
[6 replies] Last: Ah ok! That makes sense. Check this out: http://en.cppreference.co... (by Stewbond)
Need help with loops

Look at where the points are below to see where I need help. Write a program that will help people practice addition and subtraction. The program will displa...
[1 reply] : Please do not double post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/946... (by LB)
by Jmizz
String Subscript out of range!

Okay, I'm sure you can figure out what I'm trying to do but I will briefly explain in case not. I'm converting user input to uppercase letters. Then trying to c...
[12 replies] Last: Two problems: 1) You need a comma after each row in your initialize... (by AbstractionAnon)
C++ help for a beginner check writer

I am working on a check writer program that turns numbers into words. but I seem to have butchered my code. Any help at all would be appreciated. And if anyone ...
[5 replies] Last: Where do you ever use your class? (by jlb)
Begginers Allegro Issue

So Hi I'm new to the forum and I've come across an issue, I'm trying to create a beginner pong game, but I'm getting this error after trying to add paddles or "...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the assistance, I modified that little bit of code with all... (by Lazerah)
Dynamic Array Issue

I've written functions to increase, and decrease, my array. It works fine when increasing, however, when I go to shrink it, it crashes :( void Register:...
[2 replies] Last: In your for loop in the ShrinkArray() method, i is increasing to 'MaxA... (by Scorpic)
How do I get ride of comma in the beginning?

void display( string restaurant ,int current_size) { for (int i=0; i < current_size; i++) { if ( i < current_size) { cout << ", "; cou...
[5 replies] Last: No problem, a lot of problems seem easy after you've seen the solution... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Signed/unsigned int c++?

What is an signed and unsigned integer number? I know that an unsigned integer number holds zero and positive numbers; signed, vis versa but including negative ...
[10 replies] Last: @psalm62 you need to create a new BLANK project, not a Win32 COnsole a... (by LB)
compile c++ code in win 7 using turbo 3.0 syntax?

i want to compile code like this #include<iostream.h> #include<conio.h> void main() { cout<<"hello"; getch() } i need compiler/ide that can compile...
[5 replies] Last: guys i am studying now that's why we need to stick with old syntax i k... (by tjnapster555)
by lmsmi1
Read a tag and cout the value?

Say I have a text file containing this: somestring; The is a tag, somestring is the text that needs to be printed on the console screen, and ; ...
[no replies]
How can I delete numbers and decimals from an ansistring....

Please help - How can I delete numbers and decimals from an ansistring.... Could you help with how to delete numbers and decimals and then output them into a...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks again. It worked well... You are a star... (by Samirah)
by gmsd
Pass by value, reference woes

Maybe I am not correctly understanding how this is supposed to work. First I declare the functions: #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <...
[4 replies] Last: Arguments and return values! int functionone(int initialSum) { i... (by Stewbond)
SDL

Im almost finished with the tutorial (dont worry, Im going to make sure I understand all of it as well), but ive done some research and have seen SDL as the top...
[3 replies] Last: alright, thanks guys (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Minesweeper

Im writing code for the minesweeper game in my C++ lab and i was wondering how i would go about entering a timer in it. So that a clock will time the amount of ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/time/ (by ResidentBiscuit)
Custom Functions Problem

I'm just finishing my c++ course with functions and this program has me completely stumped. I don't know why it won't work. My "volume" variable on line 80 says...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by FaffyWaffle)
new in classes

I need your help. I've just started classes.. I have got such code and I do not want to write so many times the same think for 5 dogs....;-), how to make this c...
[13 replies] Last: I did understand Chervil, thank you very much :) (by usmiech)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 7273747576... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.