Beginners - March 2013 (Page 65)

by Shala
New to Xcode 4.6

Whats up guys?! So ive been using cpp.com for a while now but just registered so i can get help and hopefully offer help once i get better. My question re...
[2 replies] Last: ohhh okay. but the main.cpp file is what contains the actual code. if ... (by Shala)
Reading in a binary file but looking for decimal character

I'm given code that reads in a file in binary. I can access any character in the binary file as a position in an array, for example: ReadFile thefile("Test...
[1 reply] : A character is a number, they just often don't get treated as such. Ju... (by LB)
Linked List

*head (head pointer type object) Points the list which contain more than 2 numbers. If we Want to Enter any single number in Single Linked List at the Begining...
[1 reply] : Point the node to the old head, and point the head to the new node. (by LB)
Help me! I don't know why

This is my code, test my PC is failed, but test another PC is succeed. I don't know why, please help me... <code> #include <iostream> #include <math.h> usin...
[1 reply] : Is there another source file in this project that also has a main func... (by LB)
by shorxy
Help Me with this code

Please help me with this code, its just showing me blank output. The program is to calculate how long it will take a university to have a population of 10,00...
[10 replies] Last: tried ? (by syedfahadjalali)
Comparing C-strings

Hey guys I'm back again with hopefully the last chapter in my C-string saga. What's really messed up is that my compare function WORKS, just not when I get inpu...
[19 replies] Last: @L B Yeah he's a real old-school C guy. I can tell. Cool guy personall... (by sirjames2004)
by rcast
Simple string manipulation

I'm trying to combine first name with last name, then output the full name, and then output full name in reverse. Also I will be replacing all vowels with z aft...
[4 replies] Last: Got it! Thanks Lynx!!!! #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #in... (by rcast)
runtime_error clarification

Hi all, I'm using the book "Principles and Practice Using C++" by Bjarne Stroustrup to learn C++ at the moment. I'm now on chapter 5, errors. In this chapter, ...
[5 replies] Last: Yup, it does. I've tested it. Thanks a lot! (by sunset1215)
Using Default Initialization / Inflation Rate

Hello! I am creating a program that will calculate the amount of mortgage we paid for a property over a certain amount of time, also while at it, I gave an o...
[no replies]
Need help with Fstream

i need to show this output window: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 25.00 10.67 999.12 43.72 9.91 200.00...
[10 replies] Last: yeah (by closed account GybDjE8b)
Compiler Error: cannot convert 'Point' to 'char' in assignment

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what the error message "Error: cannot convert 'Point' to 'char' in assignment" is getting at. The error points to this ...
[8 replies] Last: MiiNiPaa's code may compile, but it won't work. As Darkmaster and I b... (by AbstractionAnon)
Pointers and parameter passing modes

I'm trying to become more familiar with pointers and parameter passing modes. I have this example, but can't reach the right solution even with the memory diagr...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, it helped a lot! (by Jaimito)
by zenniz
Need a IEEE754 format floating point formula format in C langauge

I'm communicating with a Modbus device that uses IEEE 754 floating point format. I'm trying to convert 4 different hex registers that i receive from device thr...
[3 replies] Last: The reason for using char is that it is in effect an integer value whi... (by Chervil)
Structures

Here is the header file for a battleship game I am required to use. This part is just for initialization. // // data structures definitions // const i...
[2 replies] Last: Line 26: will always be true. code you probably want: void deploy(shi... (by MiiNiPaa)
Substrings and Length bracketing

I am trying to create a program that reads card notation from ex "AS" to "Ace of Spades I am having difficulty formatting my variables with out an error ...
[3 replies] Last: There are two stages, first get the separate characters of the user in... (by Chervil)
by agatte
Problem read values from txt file

Hello, I am begginer in c++/qt. I have a small question about read file in c++/qt. I have to read values of transformation parameters transformparamete...
[no replies]
completely overwhelmed

So. The goal is to populate an array with sixteen numbers from a file. Take those numbers and perform median, average, standard deviation and variance. I'm l...
[12 replies] Last: Shouldn't: myfile.open("C:\Documents\school work\programing"); be: ... (by mutexe)
why there is no support Component Object Model (COM) in Linux?

Please anyone tell me that what are the facts that Linux doesn't support Component Object Model (COM). Regards, Ali
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/unices/94995/#msg510046 (by kbw)
Loop problem

The program should create two integer variables for the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit. Initialize the temperature to 100 degrees Celsius. In a loop, dec...
[1 reply] : with a bit math you will see that the value is -40. your problem is t... (by coder777)
by hvigil
2 Wav file mixing

Does anybody know how to mix together two Wav files to playy at the same time.
[2 replies] Last: You can either: 1. use an API like DTSCode suggests and just play two... (by Stewbond)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 6364656667... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.