Beginners - March 2013 (Page 62)

Saddle point problem

i created a code to solve the saddle point of a matrix n x n it works for the most cases, however this matrix above fails and i dont know why, can someone help...
[no replies]
by buzz
confuse

adg
[4 replies] Last: For the benefit of other forum users it would be polite to not delete ... (by MrHutch)
by fx11
Why is myfile.tellg() = 12 ?

tellg_pos.txt 1800567 Name1 Name2 72476 342424 text3 text5 1800567 has seven characters then why is myfile.tellg() = 12 ? My code: ...
[2 replies] Last: No spaces. Just the numbers and then pressed Enter. (by fx11)
Making any Shapes By Using Single For loop

i am working on a logic by making diamonds and rectangle or triangle by using a single for loop. after working and thinking so much i am successfull to draw a r...
[no replies]
Tic Tac Toe/Naughts and crosses

Hi guys, wrote a program for a basic console tic tac toe/ naughts and crosses game. I thought it was ok but as soon as you input a move it prints the board o...
[4 replies] Last: That's exactly my plan, I'm extremely talented at giving up, so I figu... (by joemolot)
by khal
Private Class members

Hi, I came across someone's code in which I say something really strange and was wondering if someone could explain it. The code has a class called Numbers, ...
[5 replies] Last: Sorry I think I might have phased the question wrong. I understand eve... (by khal)
the error result which tells me 55440 * 13 = 720719

I try to write a small program to tell the minimum number which can be divided by 1, 2, 3....20. and here is the program, this is not the key point, but this pr...
[10 replies] Last: Your program should be correct, your output should be as you expect. Y... (by jlb)
pseudocode to program

so there this pseudocode from which i need to write a simple c++ program but i cant seem to understand what its supposed to do: R=1 C=1 while (r<=3)d...
[no replies]
by voice
Store user input to char array

I want a user to input text, which can include spaces, tabs etc and store it into char array. User can input longer text than my array size. Smaller code prefer...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, that worked! (I'm on linux btw) For anyone with same pr... (by voice)
by fx11
Getpointer positions and characters it points to

Input/Output with files http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/files/ I try to get the getpointer position and the character it points to. I try for lo...
[6 replies] Last: My last quetion to this is: Why does not start this list with getpoin... (by fx11)
Bubble Sort - Strings

Hi, I had to write a program that used bubble sort on an array of strings -- however when mine is compiled I get some real strange shit happening. I'm thinking ...
[1 reply] : One problem you have is in the following snippet: void readArray(char... (by jlb)
Build Errors Help (1,2)

Here is my code. Its a simple Craps Game for my programming class but I am getting some build errors that I keep getting stuck on // ConsoleApplication6...
[28 replies] Last: So replace the calls for goAgain to do_turn? No. I said to put th... (by AbstractionAnon)
How to recognize i there is a new line in file

HI! I have a file and I want to attempt to know where in file there is a "\n" character. suppose my "info.txt" looks like this : hi hello dog cat bye goo...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using names... (by fx11)
Overloading a static function in a template class

Hi, I have a template class, parametrized by types K and V. I want to overload a static function in this template. I've tried like this : template < int, ty...
[2 replies] Last: This syntax works pretty well, thank you so much :D (by bauhouse)
Vectors of objects in a class

I have a class Table which contain a vector of Fields. This little program will not quite compile. Issues on the lines 24 and 45. I am trying to understand h...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks LowestOne. I implemented your second option. works perfectly. ... (by mariostg)
Delete From Single Linked List

Hello ! I wanna to remove last number from single linked list ..... ! But How ??? Any Suggestion ??? :(
[1 reply] : Show us your ideas and ask more specifically. This forum is not the pl... (by tcs)
Program Help

I am trying to make a program that reads in a text file with a math operation on each line. It will then calculate the answer and display the numbers with the r...
[1 reply] : I can only see one place where the infile is accessed. Immediately aft... (by Chervil)
accessors.

So, I have always used accessors in oop and never really given it any thought that they were bad, as I was taught to do it that way when I attended university...
[6 replies] Last: //void GUI::initScreen() Timer pressToStart; pressToStart.setT... (by ne555)
SIZE_MAX and CHAR_BIT

What should C++ programmers use, and why? SIZE_MAX vs std::numeric_limits<std::size_t>::max() CHAR_BIT vs std::numeric_limits<unsigned char>::digits ...
[1 reply] : SIZE_MAX and CHAR_BIT is: a) Created as a backward compatibility with ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by ace55
looping problem

Hi guys, For some reason when i run this program i get the wrong answers. my sum and average is doubled and my count is added too much. What did i do wrong? ...
[2 replies] Last: i have to use the command when cin != null though for my while loop (by ace55)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 6061626364... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.