Beginners - March 2013 (Page 59)

Need help with reading from file into array

Hi, I'm doing a project for school, and am at an impasse. The program is working correctly until it comes to reading data from a file via a loop into an arra...
[2 replies] Last: Oops, that would be helpful, right? Funco 42 2600 Jimmy Starnes 350 E... (by bwatson78)
by stdeez
array of class object

how would i successfully pass an array of class objects? like what type would i need to declare to pass the array? ie. class exampleType{ ... }; .. ...
[1 reply] : You will pass it the same way you would pass any other array to a func... (by Smac89)
Find Factorial.....Guys please tell me where i am wrong

#include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; int main() { int number; int factorial,i; char ch; main: cout << "Enter a positive integer: ...
[2 replies] Last: the factorial of 4 is 24... what is the issue? (by charliep123)
Telephone Loop issue

I'm a beginner programmer, this is my fourth program I'm on and I'm stumbled and dumbfounded at this. My issue with this program is that I'm trying to get it to...
[2 replies] Last: - Something like this i suppose char f; for( int i=0;i<7;i++) { d... (by thejman250)
printf()

Q -printf() is part of code segment but found in data segment.......why?
[4 replies] Last: sorry my mistake Q is printf() is part of code segment but found in ... (by JAI SINGH)
Passing arrays between functions.

First, let me say that I've tried Googling this multiple times, but only seem to find info on passing an array from main to a function, which I'm not having a p...
[2 replies] Last: Ah! Thanks for the help. The problem was with the function prototypes ... (by goodtymes)
Recursive Function Average of the sum of Vectors element***

Hi there, first time posting and asking about c++ in this forum. I hope you can explain to me what I did wrong in my code. My professor asked me to build a p...
[8 replies] Last: Hi! I'm still working in the code I made this. So far I can get the av... (by Nellymar2)
CPU emulator

Hi, I'm supposed to build a CPU emulator but I need to get it to deal with Hex numbers. Any help would be appreciated. int main() { ifstream fin;...
[no replies]
Says I forgot the '&' but I didn't???

It says "invalid use of member (did you forget the '&') ?" I have never had a problem using the && before, what am I missing? I am sure it's something obvi...
[4 replies] Last: Anyways when it meant you forgot the '&' it didn't mean by the '&&' pa... (by S G H)
A bit of help understanding if then else statements.

So I'm trying to complete as many practice c++ programs as I can because my programming class is extremely slow and we aren't learning anything. I'm writing a...
[8 replies] Last: why is your 'score' variable a float? Just make it an int since it wil... (by joemolot)
a very easy bag problem

I am trying to output the partition of the integer n;such as n=2+3+5=10;My code actually works but I don't know how to output all the solves. for example ,you i...
[no replies]
Output Max

Hi, i did this program and now i want it to output the biggest value, someone can help me? And please explain what you did, i want to know how to do. Thanks ...
[6 replies] Last: What can i do to localize the person that have the larger value? (by SkyDriver2500)
What am i doing wrong?

Hello,# i have been learning for 2 days im getting alot of errors with my code: // C++ conversion of the command line exploit. // The basic code was...
[3 replies] Last: thanks guys, i copied the fixed code and i got the error i got before:... (by declanthomas)
Error with GetAsyncKeyState.

Hi people. I am new one on programming. Today i wanted to make a simple game or something like that, but I get an error with GetAsyncKeyState. I searched that e...
[no replies]
Homework error?

For an assignment I'm supposed to make a program that calculates the even numbers between 1 and a user defined 'n.' The program is supposed to continue until th...
[6 replies] Last: Solved I figured it out, thank you so much!!! (by halamaker)
Function question

I'm new to the website, but have a question about functions. I been working on a program for my class where we have to program the Taylor series without using <...
[15 replies] Last: I read the tutorial but i cant seem to grasp the concept of functions... (by Chervil)
boolean problem

I am trying to make a program that compares two numbers in two arrays and display if they are the same or not... the problem with my program is that it always d...
[2 replies] Last: Wow didn't see that. Thank you! (by clarkkent)
Loss of precision of the result when using sqrt function

I am trying to write a program that calculates the distance between two points of which x and y coordinates are entered by the user. Coordinates are assigned...
[8 replies] Last: Chervil, AbstractionAnnon, Resolved with your help. Thank you very mu... (by fcan1968)
Unique number not unique

I'm creating a new topic picking up where I left the old one cause the topic title isnt accurate, and to keep track of progress in solving the problems I have w...
[2 replies] Last: `random' is used without being initialized. (by ne555)
error c2084

#include <Windows.h> #include <iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; void classRec(); void end(); void editRec(); void got...
[5 replies] Last: And why is there no reference to menu.h in the posted code? (by AbstractionAnon)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5758596061... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.