Beginners - March 2013 (Page 58)

how do i solve this assignment

create a reservation system for a restaurant. The restaurant has 20 tables. Here is the functionality required for this system (you may want to display a menu a...
[2 replies] Last: i need an answer What is the question? I see no question in your p... (by AbstractionAnon)
by zenniz
How to convert hexadecimal into floating point?

I'm communicating with a Modbus device that uses IEEE 754 floating point format. I'm trying to convert 4 different hex registers that i receive from device thr...
[no replies]
by Jace
Problem

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int random_number; int random_number2; string answer; random_number = rand() % 10 + ...
[16 replies] Last: _Jace.levelUp("Congratulations"); _OPThread.close(); (by closed account G30oGNh0)
vectors and arrays

This is for a homework assignment I named bank statement and I am having an issue trying to figure out why this one instance of my program is not working proper...
[3 replies] Last: Here is the rest of my main.cpp: /*********************************... (by bigyankeefan)
Increasing Percision of Timer Functions

Hello good people, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I can increase the precision of my timer functions? I simply call start timer befo...
[1 reply] : I now understand that timer resolution is dependant on hardware/OS. So... (by Atokensis)
Calendar Program (Need Help!)

Works now
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! It now works. (by pieman125)
Initializing vector with {}, expected a ";". List Initialization C++11.

Feel like I'm missing something painfully glaring, but I copied the code right off the book. #include <iostream> #include <vector> using std::cin; using ...
[8 replies] Last: Initializer lists were included in the Nov 12 CTP, however the library... (by cire)
Referencing an object within a structure using a string

Hi, newbie here with what I believe is a pretty basic question. I'm trying to have the following code take the team selection input from a user and index it wi...
[7 replies] Last: As soon as you start dealing with multiples of something, arrays and v... (by AbstractionAnon)
Need some help

I am suppose to make a program to display a calendar after inputting what day the month starts on and how many days are in the month. However when I run it, it ...
[no replies]
Linked List

h
[no replies]
cannot open file

I'm trying to open a file with fstream but is_open always returns false. What are the possible reasons for the file not being created? fstream myfile; ...
[5 replies] Last: Ok the fact of being truncated, does not matter, because do not want t... (by romulosd)
string

Hello every body.. I try to understand the execution of this code what happened exactly inside (I put cout in many places...) but I didn't understand. someone ...
[no replies]
by Warik
Issue printing to output file

Hi! I've written a program that converts a user's input phrase into pig latin (haha), but it won't print the pig latin to a .txt file I've specified in my code...
[5 replies] Last: ah... as a quick-fix to make sure the while loop terminated at the end... (by Warik)
Multiple Inheritance and Polymorphism

So I've done most of the work but I don't know how to do part 4. 1.Create a new class StaffST which has Staff and Student as base classes. StaffSt has an add...
[16 replies] Last: > I'm surprised the compiler wasn't able to figure out the correct ove... (by ne555)
by azabla
Printing one dimension of a 3 dimensional array

Say I have a 3 dimensional array as follows and I want to print out what I underlined,(GCT), in the following array. I tried cout<<codons <<endl; but it is giv...
[1 reply] : Here's an example: #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <... (by greenleaf800073)
Array starting at index 1?!?

I did this program and something is strange. isn't supposed the array start at index 0? why in my program it started at 1? I don't know how i did it. Could my I...
[3 replies] Last: You have a problem with your for loop at line 7. You're looping 20 t... (by AbstractionAnon)
Overwhelmed - Battleship Project

I need to create a battleship game where each ship takes up only 1 space and there cant be any repeating locations. Here is my code but there are still times wh...
[8 replies] Last: void print_world(char battleground ,const int number,int& the_x,int... (by greenleaf800073)
Homework help

I am trying to get the last 6 digits to go through a recursion and display only when those variables add up to a specific #. The code runs, but just gives me...
[2 replies] Last: Fixed it up a bit, don't know why it's screwing up #include <iostre... (by greenleaf800073)
My program refuses to pass array. Where am I going wrong?

Hey, I have been having a complete nightmare trying to pass an array to a function but it only passes the first number and removes the rest. I have read it over...
[12 replies] Last: - No problem. (by thejman250)
Arrays and Vectors

Hello everyone, I was just curious as to why I can declare a constant int in int main() and use it to define the size of an array. Example 1: int main...
[9 replies] Last: Props, Anon! Great suggestion. I wrote a little program and implemente... (by Atokensis)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5657585960... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.