Beginners - March 2013 (Page 56)

by jagder
constructor inheritance

Yes I'm a newb at C++ mostly used C or Perl in past. Anyway I am puzzled by constructor inheritance if I have a base class and derived class I'm trying to a...
[7 replies] Last: Hello yes I agree. I am learning the C++ .. haven't done much with it... (by jagder)
(Y/N) Question

Hello. I need to make two different if statements according to users input. User have two choices (Y/N). How can I make if statements according to users input. ...
[17 replies] Last: What? So you post on here to get help with your homework but will do w... (by Zhuge)
by Patty
Problem with a program.

This code is supposed to remove the comments from the input file and then put it into an output file. It does everything correctly except removing the /* */ ty...
[5 replies] Last: I believe this will do the trick #include <iostream> #include <fstre... (by Yanson)
by fx11
Get Pointer - where and why?

I have read and practiced through C++ Language Tutorial of this site. http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ I have just been studying the last chapter: Inp...
[6 replies] Last: rexample.txt 0123rex789 253 2546456 12321 23fddf sdfsdf Here fo... (by fx11)
Formatting output

I have an array of data i need output. The array is an array of struct. I have 21 items in the array and need to display them in a formatted table. The data ...
[1 reply] : You can use right/left justification: http://cplusplus.com/reference/i... (by tfityo)
Double pointer as a parameter of function

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to find out how double pointers work. I have a strucure of fruits and a function which should change its parameters. Fruits are in a ...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, sorry for the delay - we had a long weekend here ;-) Did you work ... (by jim80y)
by Pygmy
Rng help.

Hello, I am making a simple text based game, but I am getting stuck on some RNG things. I appreciate any help, I searched the forums, however i cannot find out ...
[2 replies] Last: Oh yea wow, thanks so much! (by Pygmy)
Random Game

Hi, i want you to give me a opinion about my game if you have time :) It's the biggest, the hardest and the coolest of all games i made, i will appreciate some...
[2 replies] Last: cin >> PlayerName ; //String w/ 20 chars max This extracts a s... (by cire)
by abzksm
helpp I need c++ coded plzz

I want to write a program to calculate Pi: Pi=4-4/3+4/5-4/7+4/9-4/11+... (the user inputs the number of terms in the series) Is this right ? #include<ios...
[1 reply] : How to post your code http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/95141/... (by fx11)
error non-lvalue in assignment

I am not certain what this is trying to tell me, or better put, how I am to fix it. I am trying to write a function for a class. Since this is an assignment...
[7 replies] Last: I didn't see value was the parameter. Why would you want to accept a p... (by rcast)
Class. Container class.

Hi, need your help, I have a task and I dont understand some moments. Here is my task: Class container which is an abstraction of text and consists of lin...
[3 replies] Last: Check with your professor but it sounds like your tasked to write an a... (by moorecm)
I'm having trouble finding sequences.

So basically I have a map that holds a key and a string with all the valid moves. For example: A - "IJ" B - "KMI" C - "FJLN" D - "GMO" .... ... .. What I n...
[1 reply] : Anybody? (by IceThatJaw)
by fluffy
Having trouble with my Dice Game Program

Hello. I have been designing a dice game program that calls for a playet to roll seven dice, each of which results in a value 1 through 6. The scoring should ...
[no replies]
SFINAE on 'is_pod'

I am one day old on SFINAE thing. I am trying to write a vector 'uvector' class which: - Acts like std::vector on non-POD types - On POD types doesn't initiali...
[1 reply] : First, you have a couple missing typenames (one for each dependent ::t... (by Cubbi)
Sqrt Function

Hello! So I am having some trouble coming up with a code that can prompt the user to enter a positive number and prints out the square roots of all numbers f...
[2 replies] Last: You're amazing! Thank you (by closed account S3TkoG1T)
Can anyone help me create a for-loop for an array?

I need to modify a pre existing code and it says to add a forloop array. The instructions are Create a program that will read-in FIVE GRADES FROM THE CONSOLE in...
[1 reply] : You will have to get the name from the user as you do in your existing... (by CodingKid)
computer sci hw

Problem: The queen on the ACSL chess board is the most versatile piece. It can move at most N cells (where N is determined at the start of each game) in the fol...
[1 reply] : if((y+n)> 0) If you add together two positive numbers will they sum ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Need Help with a Couple of Set Class Functions

Hi there! I've been working on a set class implementation but have gotten confused on certain parts of the code, specifically the functions erase, find and b...
[6 replies] Last: Alright, thank you Peter, I believe I got the find and begin functions... (by Merriak)
switch inside while loop

........................................... ........................................... ........................................... while(op != 'q') { ...
[6 replies] Last: yes it works! Thank you so much :D (by becomingEng)
PHP/SQL/PEARL

I have no experience with PHP/SQL/PEARL (I haven't even seen example codes for them), and I only know the basics in html, so I'm curious if C++ can link in to a...
[3 replies] Last: You're Welcome (: (by mausy131)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5455565758... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.