Beginners - March 2013 (Page 55)

C++ HELP

i need to have a program that has controlled structures loop and using predefined functions for my homework
[6 replies] Last: can i ask is <time.h> a predefined function? No, it's a file you #in... (by coder777)
Ascii code

Hi experts, how can i get the number of times a character appears in a string using the ascii method? thank you in advance.
[1 reply] : you can use the count algorithm in c++. Following links explain http:... (by abhishekm71)
why my int only can accept total 11 integer

#include <iostream> #include< math.h> using namespace std; int main(){ int firstNumber = 0; int secondNumber = 0; cout << "Enter first numbe...
[4 replies] Last: You can use std::numeric_limits to see the smallest and biggest value ... (by Peter87)
Computing coursework project

Hi guys, basically for my computing coursework I am creating an application in C++ that displays guitar chords (as arrays). I cannot get my code to work and I t...
[no replies]
Qt and OpenCV

does anyone know how to save a QByteArray in a cv::Mat variable? or a QPixmap or QImage in cv::Mat?
[no replies]
Having problems with the problem sorted in the order in the dictionary

Greetings!I have a problem with the problem sorted in dictionary order, hope you help! #include <iostream> #include <cstring> #include <conio.h> #include <...
[2 replies] Last: void HoanVi(char *a, char *b) { a = new char ; b = new char ; char... (by cire)
setsetiosflags's hex and oct flags doesn't work

i was trying out setsetiosflags flags but when i tried this example: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using std::cout; using std::endl; using std...
[3 replies] Last: thanks MiiNiPaa and cire for your help now i understand it and it ... (by hitmanben2)
Multiplcation ala russe

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(){ int firstNumber = 0 , secondNumber = 0; int firstRemain = 0 , secondRemain = 0; int firstResult =...
[3 replies] Last: Duplicate post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/95393/ (by naraku9333)
Divide and Conquer rule for multiplication

#include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main(){ int firstNumber = 0 , duplicateFirst = 0; int secondNumber = 0 , duplicate...
[no replies]
Infinite Loop..

Let's say I am asking the user to enter a number of type double and they enter a char instead, why does my program go into an infinite loop? And how do I preven...
[3 replies] Last: Replace lines 4 and 5 with this: [code firstline=4] cout << "Scor... (by Chervil)
got it thanks

Im working on this assignemt that neeeds to get data from a file and for some reason im having errors with "HOURS" and "CPNY" and reading the file, I am using x...
[1 reply] : #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> //<-------... (by Yanson)
by fluffy
Dice Game Problem

Hello. I have been designing a dice game program that calls for a playet to roll seven dice, each of which results in a value 1 through 6. The scoring should b...
[9 replies] Last: Now this compiles continiously. What did i do wrong? #include <time... (by fluffy)
Box dimensions problem

I'm having problems with the DisplayData function in my program. I was wondering why when I put area in the function it says it's undefined, but if I take it aw...
[5 replies] Last: There should be an else after every if except the last one. then it ... (by Chervil)
quadratic function

When a ball is thrown upward at an angle of x degrees and with initial velocity V0 the height of the ball after t seconds is h(t) = V0t sin( x) - 16 t2 ...
[15 replies] Last: I have a quadratic formula program: Sorry, haven't modified it yet to... (by greenleaf800073)
Brand New to C++ World, I want to make games.

I'm brand new to C++, and this forum. I'm a 12 year old boy with hopes that I'll code in the future. I don't have access to classes at my school or classes outs...
[1 reply] : High Hopes, keep going. I recommend c++ for dummies, I started from th... (by greenleaf800073)
by macb
C++ Math Game

I have to create a math game that generates random number problems after the user chooses a function. Unless the users selects to exit, the program should tell ...
[4 replies] Last: Do you know how to fix? (by greenleaf800073)
Operator Overloading

Here is my question. How do I know if this function is to be global or a member? I made it a member function. I have been looking around online trying to find...
[no replies]
Passing by reference

Hello, I am fairly comfortable with passing by reference, and I know generally why programmers do this. Is there any stylistic reason why the author of "Beginn...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you -your partner in high fiber dieting (by Jcienfuegos)
Exponents

In math, a number t times itself is t^2. Is it the same thing in C++?
[2 replies] Last: no use the pow function in the <cmath> header. http://www.cplusplus.co... (by Yanson)
by Jace
We have a problem Houston.

Hi, does anyone know how to insert a sound file into a c++ program so that if I were to send it to a friend, but they didn't have the sound file that I have, th...
[no replies]
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5354555657... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.