Beginners - March 2013 (Page 52)

NEED TO ADD 1 Condition

This program functions except I am having trouble returning the value for February which needs to display "28 or 29 days" it current skips to display 30 days. ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks this was useful: For example std::cout << std::boolalpha << m... (by closed account 91AfSL3A)
Gamma Function Subroutine

Hello, I am new to working in C++ and in order to become better acquainted with it I am working on a program that I have no idea how to start. I am trying to cr...
[2 replies] Last: You broke it! The function I gave here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
If, if else and else problem.

Hello guys. I have to write a program for my C++ class which tells you what kind of triangle it is after you input three sides. I have written the program in ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much! (by haykography)
error message when characters are input

Hey everyone, I'm trying to write a program that asks the user to input a number and then it will tell them if the number is odd or even. I have done this but i...
[1 reply] : You can use isalpha . It helps to check if is an alphabetic letter. H... (by osgwsy)
Char Array (1,2,3)

Hello everyone I need help with this question? can anybody tell me how to start? I wrote the first thing but then I couldn't proceed.. #include <iostr...
[41 replies] Last: ok fine std::string's are better. (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
For looping

I'm trying to teach myself for looping. I want this program to input a odd number and make a square outlined in two's and inside have 0's and then a star in ...
[4 replies] Last: I fixed that for you: //... SKIPPED out_file << TWO... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Caith
Rewriting a FOR loop into a WHILE loop

I've been trying to rewrite this For loop for making an Asterisk square/rectangle: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { cout << "Enter the ...
[1 reply] : Your inner while loop doesn't have the same condition as the inner for... (by Zhuge)
Program with classes

In my program I am using a class called Fraction and having the user input a numerator and a denominator and the solving the fraction and then the fraction gets...
[15 replies] Last: [quote=bruntmjust] bruntmjust (115) Mar 12, 2013 at 12:59am So I am a... (by thejman250)
Arrays

I have created a program that the user enters in 3 digits and the program reverses the digits and prints it out. Except in my reverse function it seems to only...
[3 replies] Last: In the original code, you return only the first element of the local ... (by cire)
could someone help

Type a program including comments in both the main program and in each function. The program will send all output to a file. First write sumcubes, then howmanye...
[3 replies] Last: Please use code tags. There's a little button that says "Source code" ... (by kyranstar)
Something wrong with my constructor/function?

This program is supposed to accurately calculate the perimeter of two rectangles. It always prints out the number 858993466 for each however. I'm sure it's a si...
[3 replies] Last: Rect dos (4,11,4,6); That isnt a rectangle. If a Rectangle has four... (by Lowest0ne)
Opening & Printing a File

Hello, So I have a task of: -Writing a program that prompts the user for the name of a file and then opens that file and prints its contents (use getline)...
[8 replies] Last: @Chervill Thank you so much for your time & advice, I'll go ahead & ma... (by closed account S3TkoG1T)
pointers?

so i need to change this code i wrote into a pointer syntax code but i dont know what else i need to change? please help in just pointing me in the right direct...
[no replies]
by JrT
Passing Values

#include <iostream> //use of cin & cout #include <iomanip> // manipulate decimals/cout #include <cmath> // math functions using namespace std; double...
[13 replies] Last: Ok I think I figured it out. Now I want to find the max value of I and... (by JrT)
What to read after C++ In Easy Steps

I have recently been reading the book 'C++ In Easy Steps', I would like to know if anyone knows what I should read next?
[no replies]
Help!!!!1

Suppose you start with 100 dollars in your account and every year it becomes 1.04 times what you had last year (because there is 4% interest). Write a program ...
[3 replies] Last: Here's one way to do it. #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> str... (by cire)
Function returning an array

Hello, I just started a university course and one of the assignments is to let the user enter in an array, then call a reverse function to reverse the array whi...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry about the lack of code tags I havent submitted before. And than... (by mrantonresch)
I need help online now have no clue at all how to do this

Write a program that asks the user for a number. Then the program outputs the sum of all positive numbers up to that number. For example, if the user types...
[7 replies] Last: What I would do is to use the formula as a cross-check in order to ver... (by Chervil)
program wont debug. any ideas

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int n=6; int dest=2; cout<<"What floor are you on?"<<endl; cin>>n; cout<<"What floor are you ...
[1 reply] : A program won't debug if you have compile errors. The following line... (by AbstractionAnon)
by Jace
Where to start?

Hi, does anyone know how to insert a sound file into a c++ program so that if I were to send it to a friend, but they didn't have the sound file that I have, th...
[11 replies] Last: I'm pretty sure Notch (That is if your talking about Markus Persson) a... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 5051525354... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.