Beginners - March 2013 (Page 51)

by rcast
Redundant Function (recursion)

I'm simply trying to allow user to input a string, and then select the character he is searching for in the string and the program outputs the position of every...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Chervil and ne555. I moved the message into the test check cond... (by rcast)
by Foxar
Mistake in the source code, no error, game. (1,2)

Hello. I am writing a small minesweeper-like game. Currently it doesent has "hints" in forms of numbers appearing, yet. Before doing this i need to fix a proble...
[24 replies] Last: I thought about that it is uninitialized integer as well, but if you s... (by Foxar)
functions with char

Hello everyone, 1 How can I pass a variable char to a function. 2 How can I return a variable char in the return of a function. In this example is better...
[1 reply] : If you indeed want to pass and return a variable of type char then the... (by vlad from moscow)
get equivalent polar coordinates

#ifndef _POINTCLASS_H #define _POINTCLASS_H #define _POINTCLASSS_H #include <iostream> using namespace std; class Point { private: double x;...
[10 replies] Last: Glad its working out. If you need help in the future, just post a qu... (by Chervil)
HELP! I can't figure out how to use a sort function

This is a portion of my code where I have tried to put in a sort feature But as you can most likely see I have no idea how to use one. This program reads in "gr...
[8 replies] Last: Hey I'm sorry I keep forgetting to tell you THANK YOU! I finally got i... (by Shannon92)
Help with nesting

Online Book Merchants offers premium customers 1 free book with every purchase of 5 or more books and offers 2 free books with every purchase of 8 or more books...
[3 replies] Last: I need to see more of your code... You cannot say else isPremiumCustom... (by rcast)
by Smatik
math sum problem

i m trying to solve the following equation: 1-x^2/2 + x^3/3 - x^4/4 + x^5/5 + ....x^n/n where value of x and n are obtained by the user. I made the follo...
[2 replies] Last: total+=double pow(double x,int i)/i;   →→   total+=pow(x, i)/... (by MiiNiPaa)
pls help me trace my final exam

#include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int i, k, ans=0; for(i=1; i<=4; i+=2) { for(k=1; k<=i; k++) { ans = 2*i*k; } } cout ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks you so much. (by lordrey)
Changed the question, HELP ASAP PLEASE

How can I force program to end when a specific function is called for the second time ?? //EDİT: okay I understood that I can't do that.. Help me with this ...
[9 replies] Last: Whoops. Yes, you are right. Looks like only way to safely do this is t... (by MiiNiPaa)
by ASAAD
if/else & switch statements

I need more difficult exercises for if/else & switch statements.
[1 reply] : Asking for more difficult exercises on if-else and switch statemen... (by MiiNiPaa)
Implementing an Array Based List class to perform a selection sort

Trying to implement a selection sort using an array list. However, I can't seem to be able to call any of my list functions from main. When this code is exec...
[3 replies] Last: Define it like you define any other variable... May be like this..... ... (by kameswarib)
by tpinon
structures and functions HELP!!

I can't get this to compile. This is my first time with structures with arrays and functions and I don't understand this compiler error. Please help! Error (...
[2 replies] Last: thank you Maeriden! that was a silly miss on my part. (by tpinon)
Calculator program passing values by reference.

#include <iostream> using namespace std; void CalcIntResults(int nFirst, int nSecond, int &nResult); int main(void) { int nFirst = 0; int n...
[12 replies] Last: If you'll notice, in order to make everything look 'neat' I leave the... (by AbstractionAnon)
ples forum. .

Hello forum, I seem to be having trouble compiling this program. . I get 3 different errors for the same 2 lines. 1) stray '\226' in program 2) '(pay...
[3 replies] Last: @Chervil I appreciate the quick and detailed response. Thank you (by ahkbarnine)
Substring???

// How do I do assign card.substring here??? string value = card.substring(0, card.length() -1); string suit = card.substring(card.length() -1); ...
[1 reply] : if ( card.length() != 0 ) { std::string value = card.substr( 0, ca... (by vlad from moscow)
by Majidh
Address Book

I am making an address book. need to know if everything is OK in this code. Need Help #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <fstream> #include <...
[no replies]
Checking Answers.

So i have an assignment. I would like it it someone could write code for the criteria of each question, shits got me so confused right now. A. The kinetic e...
[8 replies] Last: float works fine in this case. You will need to remove int and use flo... (by osgwsy)
char * abc = (char *)

char * abc = (char *)"1ns" what does this code do? which chapter of C or C++ can find this ?
[9 replies] Last: ok.. thanks MiniPaa! (by abhishekm71)
by Smatik
New to c++

I m new to c++. I have studied C++concepts, DATA file Handling and Data structures in c++.I've been using Turbo c++ andNow i am having problems in switching to ...
[1 reply] : #include<iostream.h> →→ #include<iostream> .h versions o... (by MiiNiPaa)
Student, Need Help!

//Homework assignement 1 question 3 #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int A; int B; int C; int D; cout<<"Enter a number for A"...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, i have edited your code. Hope this helps. #include <iostream> #... (by osgwsy)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4950515253... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.