Beginners - March 2013 (Page 49)

struct not working

not working... struct is not reading //------------------------------------------------------------------------------ //Inclusao das bibliotecas //-----...
[4 replies] Last: and i believe you mean header file (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Struct and files C++

I'm trying to write some data from a struct to a file, however,the program will not let me enter any data in the struct, what is the problem? # include <ios...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, already solved the problem. (by romulosd)
Still can't get the function right with a matrix

So I read the function 1 and 2 on the forum and kinda understand it. But I cannot apply it to when it comes to matrices. The homework problem wants me to writ...
[4 replies] Last: I have a very similar problem i'm encountering myself with a solution.... (by Ownst)
Building a Binary Tree from a file!

Hello everyone! I'm new here, and I have this project that I'm supposed to do with C++. So, I have this txt file that has question : Is it a feline? object ...
[4 replies] Last: Sorry for the late reply, I did a test on your program and it works pe... (by Takeshi19)
Stuck on a problem. Rand

Write a program that picks 1000 random numbers between 0 and 10 and tells us how many of these were <5. So when you run it might say: I picked a 1000 rando...
[3 replies] Last: Right, so there's really no point in saving the values generated. Well... (by OxBADC0DE)
Setting nice text columns

I'm displaying a formatted dictionary, that uses two strings contained in a struct. One is word, the other is def. How can I format my output so that the def s...
[no replies]
deleting files

hello there I want to delete files in c++ my code this is only a function of my program... it doesn't delete the txt file that i want.. any help is appreciated...
[3 replies] Last: you probably have to use sys/ something (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
pFile = fopen ("myfile.txt",w)

FILE * pFile; pFile = fopen ("myfile.txt",w) I wonder what will be assigned to pFile? an address of ? if "myfile.txt" is string is it string is also an arr...
[2 replies] Last: fopen return a pointer to a stream. http://www.cplusplus.com/referenc... (by AbstractionAnon)
So confused with classes

Okay so I am new to classes and I am beyond confused. I have to create a battleship program using this header file: #ifndef BATTLESHIP_H_ #define BATTLESHI...
[5 replies] Last: How about making fleet a friend class of location (by binarybob350)
Why doesnt my quadratic formula program work properly?

I am trying to create a program that calculates the quadratic formula just for practice and fun but it has been years since i have actually used it in math so i...
[4 replies] Last: *Ignore this I am reminding myself that when I get home from work I sh... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
I need help with with this program

Write a program that asks the user what floor they are on, and what floor they want to go to. It then prints the sequence of floors that the elevator visits in...
[3 replies] Last: Also, treat yourself to descriptive variable names (instead of somethi... (by booradley60)
Error Checking in C++

I'm writing a program that reads a text file then 'printf's it out in the console which is fine, but I also need to check to see if the text file has any errors...
[3 replies] Last: I have a dictionary file if you need one. Yes, using strcmp is best. ... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Stuck on a problem

Write a program that asks the user for 2 numbers: the width and the height. The program prints a box of asterisks of that width and height. For example, if...
[2 replies] Last: greenleaf, remember: using system() is evil. http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Dynamic maze problem

I am kind of stuck here. Any help is appreciated. Exercise: Write a program that takes a width and a height and dynamically generates a maze with the given wi...
[3 replies] Last: I got the field, you dig the path: (I'll work on it): #include <cs... (by greenleaf800073)
Need Help solving this. No Clue

Suppose you start with 100 dollars in your account and every year it becomes 1.04 times what you had last year (because there is 4% interest). Write a program ...
[2 replies] Last: Here you go, very easy: // //The program to evaluate simple interes... (by greenleaf800073)
How do I execute this program?

Write a program that picks 1000 random numbers between 0 and 10 and tells us how many of these were <5. So when you run it might say: I picked a 1000 rando...
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/reference/cstdlib/rand/?kw=rand you'll need to i... (by maeriden)
Function Pointer to private member

I'm working on an assignment to access a private member function, but there is something wrong with my syntax. Here is what I got The typedef and declaration...
[7 replies] Last: If you want to provide a method name ("member function" in C/C++) you'... (by tcs)
Trouble with Array Lists And Using the Insert and Retrieve Functions Given (Segmentation Fault Core Dumped Error)

Since StackOverflow is useless let me ask you guys about this. I am having difficulty implementing a few functions in my array list. I want to use the ...
[2 replies] Last: C++ doesn't have "Array Lists." I would imagine std::vector is what... (by cire)
Any programmers with work experiences?

Hello, I have a question. I am in college going for my associates in programming and I only need 27 more credits to receive my degree. I do not have proof of an...
[2 replies] Last: Interesting. I have another question since my degree is in computer pr... (by backslashx00)
Need help improving preformance time

So I am trying to keep doing excersises to practice C++ and have lately been doing the classical problems at http://www.spoj.com. Anyways I'm working on this pr...
[6 replies] Last: @StillLearning Ya I see what you mean, I just submitted your code for ... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 4748495051... 87
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.